What do you want for NG4?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Yeah I saw the article for Attack on Titan. You guys think that maybe they are gathering some sort of potential resource and trying out different outcomes with different games to come up with some sort of idea to make sure NG4 doesn't end up bad? I mean, they likely felt how NG3 was so I figured they are thinking on how to go about it to make it not fail.

NinjaRayMan

Why doesn't anyone in the gaming media ask tecmo or team ninja about ng4? Team ninja just had a DOA festival and tecmo was at gamescom. C'mon people!

RJTM1991

Standard Donor
I get the feeling that the series has been written-off by the gaming media after NG3 and Yaiba got poor reviews.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to ask...

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
RIP NG4

"Yosuke Hayashi , president of the Japanese company, knows that Ninja Gaiden has followers around the world, so it is always ready to study future options to revive the license, although there are no plans amismo Save the Date.

"The truth is that right now we have no specific plans, but we know that we must do something with this intellectual property . Right now I can not say more, but not dead, we have in mind, "says the manager."

Guess we will see NG4 in the distant future or never.

RJTM1991

Standard Donor
Really disappointing news.

I was honestly expecting NG4 to be one of the "unannounced" games they mentioned a wee while ago.

DyByHands

Hey @Fiend Busa Do you have the source to these quotes? I trust your info. But was wondering if anything else was said concerning other games they are (or aren't) working on :(

Really disappointing news.

I was honestly expecting NG4 to be one of the "unannounced" games they mentioned a wee while ago.
Same here. This news has honestly ruined TGS for me. I thought for sure we would see NG4 there this year.
The devastation is real.

Bring on Ni-Oh already then TN!

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
The translation was solid but you have to remember that words don't always have the same impact in other languages. Because a quote from Hayashi was translated to Spanish and then from there to English, we're dealing with a game of telephone, really. I read it as saying they don't have anything to announce at the moment but they're aware the fans are expecting something.

Enough with the doom and gloom.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
If they are working on an Attack on Titian game then good. That's giving the new TN some much needed practice for NG and the next DOA.

Kensei25

I agree we should not panic over this. There will definitely be another NG game in the future and it is probably at some level of development already. We just won't see it for a while yet it seems (which does suck of course).

Assuming this is indeed accurate, this raises a huge question mark on what Team Ninja is coming out with next (besides various collaboration projects). It has been pretty surprising to me how active Koei/Omega Force have been so far with new game announcements this gen (Attack on Titans is being done by them, not TN) and how totally quiet Team Ninja has been (except for endless DOA5 updates). It is pretty frustrating.

I am sure we are going to get a big Team Ninja announcement at TGS this year about something......the signs seem to be definitely pointing to Ni-Oh. This would be exciting too as it will be brand new IP and I feel it would be good for TN to have one more core IP along with NG and DOA.

My guess is we will see Ni-Oh and the new DOAX from TN first......then NG4 and DOA6 later. Plus more random collaborative projects.

Hmm....I wonder if a longer wait on NG4 increases chances of a re-mastered Razor's Edge for PS4/XboxOne.....That would be sweet!

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Hmm....I wonder if a longer wait on NG4 increases chances of a re-mastered Razor's Edge for PS4/XboxOne.....That would be sweet!

EDIT: Excellent! As for RE coming back, it was shown as an upcoming BC game for Xbox One so I doubt they'll waste the resources.

Last edited:

NinjaRayMan

Well it's good to hear something from Hayashi about NG4. The fact the he said its not dead and he couldn't say more, it's hard to think they are not working on it to some degree. Hack and slash games are in a tough spot. They dont sell as well as other genres and the last two games with Ninja Gaiden in the title didn't exactly help the franchise.
Id rather they work on NG4 than remasters but a true remaster of Black would be nice.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD