What do you want for NG4?

Brute

Standard Donor
If it results in them cutting back on movelist throwing out a different move for every square inch of the battlefield then yes, absolutely.
If they develop a good movelist for each weapon then no.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Game needs more enemies though. I do get tired of seeing spinning raven and fire wheelie these days in like 60% of stages on Twilight.

NinjaRayMan

I really like the ancient Japan setting and lore in Nioh. I'm kinda bummed it was used so well in Nioh cause it will prob stop TN from using it again so soon in NG4? One of the biggest mistakes with the story in NG3 was not tying the grip of murder into Ryu's dragon lineage and clan more. It started off that way but then it turned into sci-fi biotech bullshit for no good reason.
Gameplay wise , I think the biggest thing NG4 could take from Nioh is the pace and flow of combat. It's feels a lot closer to NGB's design which I prefer over NG3's spastic "all the enemies went to ninja school " approach.
A barehanded, DOA moveset would be killer. (And nunchucks dammit!)
Given Nioh's success; What do you guys think we are getting first, NG4 or Nioh 2?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
One thing that NG doesn't have from NiOh (at least gameplay) is moving while guarding. Memory is old but if you tap movement while guarding in NG, you dodge no? - I can see them probably taking the stance switching idea or doing an attack into another on the moment of release with a pulse effect for getting that "just hit" timing with one of Ryu's moves.

Brute

Standard Donor
Moving while guarding wouldn't work in Ninja Gaiden since they don't have a target-lock.

Speaking of, Nioh's netcode seems way better than NGS2/NGRE or DOA. Hopefully that carries into their next game.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Moving while guarding wouldn't work in Ninja Gaiden since they don't have a target-lock.

Speaking of, Nioh's netcode seems way better than NGS2/NGRE or DOA. Hopefully that carries into their next game.

That's good to hear.

NGS2 netcode was 50/50, if you had a bad connection, you're fucked. If you had a good connection, it was like playing offline.

NGRE...you're always fucked no matter what haha

Sotherius

Ok.... Let's do this, put together my hopes and desires for NG4.

Gameplay (let's start with the more important shall we?).
- Improving Cicada Surge/Sakura madoi in general, is a thing that i liked.
- Meter-burning moves, like the two moves above, there is also momiji's move autumn leaf or something like that, adding an option to a quick weak ninpo for less meter in general feels like a good idea to me.-
- Reshaping of the combo strings, NG3RE has giant long strings, that is unnecessary, the way it was in ninja gaiden 2 was great, but...
- Keep the strong hold cancels, they add a lot to the combat and to the moveset, mainly for ryu, that has different strong hold enders, i want that expanded more, maybe 5 different enders.
- Go back to essence system for instant UT's, or reshape Bloody Rage, it currently triggers the bloody rage UT when you kill 9 enemies (not counting bugs or dogs, or enemies killed by ninpo or UT's), don't know how well essence would fit in with the strong hold moves that ng3re has that i want on ng4 as well, but i think just having a difference in how long you hold strong during string to go for the essence absorption or to just use the strong hold attack, that might be enough.
- Make the stage interactions good again like in ng2, i mean, flying blid firp attacks, wall run attacks, and all of that.
- Same for Flying swallow and guillotine throws, make them be consistent again.
-Reshape the entire enemy design, every single ninja gaiden game has some flaw in this aspect, so is hard to pinpoint which one did it better, but i'll say it was ninja gaiden black, ith all humanoid sized enemies and all enemies that aren't damage sponges. They honestly could take a thing or two from ther experience with NioH (different type of game, but some stuff could apply).
- Fix boss fights, i don't like boss fights in not a single ninja gaiden game, sure, they all have one or two bosses i really enjoy, but in general is my least favorite part of ngb, ng2 and ng3re.
- Apply the fighting game rule of not being able to be grabbed in hitstun, and give a safe wake-up on hard knockdowns.
- Add a huge variety of good enemies to fight with, just that, fierce, rough, and powerful enemies, that are fun.
- Remove or reshape Steel on Bone entirely.
- Make counter attacks more consistent, or at least make consistent when you should and when you shouldn't use it, enemies being able to punish is good, not knowing when they are i feel it is not.
- Keep having two projectile weapons at once like in ng3re, but bring back customization, allowing you to select your secondary projectile besides the shuriken.

Campaign? (that is not really important).
- Just have a cool campaign, with varied stages, a lot of different and interesting enemies. that is all.
- Eliminate all non-gameplay sections like the kunai climbing parts.
- don't bring back water segments, unless TN can make water combat feel good, but i doubt that.

Features and content.
- New weapons are always welcome, if they have good and balanced movesets, bringing back old weapons is always nice, you can put both.
- Chapter challenges are great, just give a proper way to save inside them, and not a save that expires once you load it once.
- Multiple characters? I want that, Ayane is my favorite TN character, and i like using her in Ninja Gaiden, in a dream world, alternative characters would not only have their own movesets (which they do have), but they wouldn't be missing anything mechanics wise (like some do in ng3re, sadly ayane doesn't have shuriken cancels, or two projectile types, or a burning meter move besides ninpo, momiji's bow is not as effective, and so on), but they would be unique to the point of every character being worth, and maybe they would have their own alternative weapons and ninpo, bring ayane, kasumi, rachel, momiji, hayate, heck, genshin, Jo hayabusa, muramasa. Do i want them in the campaign? not necessarily, but if you can fit them in without being too intrusive (maybe even separate campaigns? that would be expensive to make), just make them playable in chapter challenges. If not possible, i can be happy with alternative characters being just skins and they just keep ryu's moveset, but that would be a step back from ng3re i think.
-Mission mode, a proper mission mode for single player, please.

There is a lot i want and probably forgot to say, but i think about this series a lot, so forgive me.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
TGS is close by...fingers crossed but I have a strong feeling they are going to announce DOA6 and not NG4 :/

Brute

Standard Donor
There was a post made where TN said they are going to make an announcement at TGS
Yes, and I'm still quite certain they won't be announcing either.

They definitely won't announce DOA6 until they're done with DLC for DOA5, and it seems to me that they wouldn't be pushing Ninja Gaiden 4 until they're done with Nioh's DLC.

It will probably be a new Pachinko game, DOA Tournament/Festival announcement or something like that.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Yes, and I'm still quite certain they won't be announcing either.

They definitely won't announce DOA6 until they're done with DLC for DOA5, and it seems to me that they wouldn't be pushing Ninja Gaiden 4 until they're done with Nioh's DLC.

It will probably be a new Pachinko game, DOA Tournament/Festival announcement or something like that.

As much as I don't want to believe you, you're 99.99% spot on lol

Lulu

You know what would be awesome... if Team Ninja passed the torch on to Ninja Theory (Hellblade). They can do for the Ninja Gaiden series what they did for Devil May Cry. ;)

Now come at me, Bro !!! :cool:

Sotherius

You know what would be awesome... if Team Ninja passed the torch on to Ninja Theory (Hellblade). They can do for the Ninja Gaiden series what they did for Devil May Cry. ;)

Now come at me, Bro !!! :cool:
Bad trolling. You haven' t even played ninja gaiden.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD