What Questions would you ask to Shimbori?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If you were given the chance to ask Shimbori about Dead or Alive 6 and the upcoming release, what would you want to ask him?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Any word of the dynamic stage interactions from the previous games will ever return in new stages? (Stairs in Seaside Market, Miyama in DS etc.)

DOA6 at NEC?

DOA6 demo early next year?

Will the costume contest return?

Lobby system for DOA similar to ArcSys's lobby like Guilty Gear? DOAO lobby system?

Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza, Kage from VF, Bahn from Fighting Vipers, Ryo/Lan Di Shenmue #When

Last edited:

ryu_highabusa

What changes are you making to address the overpowered hold system?* How else are you adjusting the gameplay to make DOA6 a more serious, competitive fighter?

*DOA5 made some small progress but it was not enough to satisfy the greater FGC so I'm curious how they're planning on adjusting holds and everything else further because right now the hold system looks 1:1 identical to 5 (outside a selectable option that doesn't actually fix anything).

Last edited:

Lorenzo Buti

Will Kokoro and Ayane make their return in the Dead or Alive 6 roster with brand new costumes made for them?

Lorenzo Buti

Any word of the dynamic stage interactions from the previous games will ever return in new stages? (Stairs in Seaside Market, Miyama in DS etc.)

DOA6 at NEC?

DOA6 demo early next year?

Will the costume contest return?

Lobby system for DOA similar to ArcSys's lobby like Guilty Gear? DOAO lobby system?

Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza, Kage from VF, Bahn from Fighting Vipers, Ryo/Lan Di Shenmue #When
Please be Kazuma Kiryu from Yakuza! He would fit perfectly in the game since the Virtua Fighters appeared in DOA5!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Can we have throw breaks for non-neutral/combo throws?

I asked him about that at Evo, and at that time he seemed like he's open to the idea, but he has netcode as a higher priority at this moment. So perhaps in the future, maybe even for DOA6.

Gultigargar

I'd be interested in hearing some of their thoughts behind the new meter system, from a development point-of-view. Like how they ended up deciding on it (possibly other considerations they might have had), what balance aspects they've had to be mindful of, stuff like that.

just_me

Standard Donor
I'd ask him why he hates busty women so much and actively tries to destroy the franchise!
I'm joking obviously… though I guess seeing the reaction would be amusing.

Maybe he can elaborate on how the stun and launch mechanics currently work and give some reasons for the changes.
Also hearing the reasons for abandoning Stagger Escape could be interesting and how/if they will adjust stuns due to that change. Basically, everything regarding gameplay that will never appear in a standard interview would be interesting XD

I kinda want to know if they intend to provide recolors/slight variations for all costumes, or if this is specific to the costumes in the preview builds.

DyByHands

Since they are going with an “esports” type vibe (at least right now) I would ask something down the lines of: How can the players get more guaranteed damage?
And if they ever consider lowering damage for counters? Or changing up the counters? Not dropping counters, because it is such a part of DOA, but tweaking them to some degree.
Mainly because if you talk to FGC folks who don’t really play DOA, these are some of their go to complaints. And it seems TN is after this crowd. If 6 is going to be about the same as the previous games, then I dont really see the need to go after that crowd.

Can we have throw breaks for non-neutral/combo throws?

What changes are you making to address the overpowered hold system?*
These are good ones.

And on to a more casual note: Would TN/KT think of a quality over quantity approach for DLC? lol
I kinda want to know if they intend to provide recolors/slight variations for all costumes, or if this is specific to the costumes in the preview builds.
This is good too. I like the color swaps for at least the defaults. Are those here to stay? Some act like its just for the demo. And that would be lame.

When are they gonna hit us with Special/Collectors Edition details? Or will that just be for Asia, again?

Last edited:

Darkslay

Yes. All of my yes.

Is there going to be more revisions to the meter mechanic? I feel making it 3 bars would balance out the payout of BB and the utility of BH.

It's been confirmed BB was cancelable since the first version of the game. This however was never mentioned in any shape or form prior to EVO. Any particular reason for this?

Similar situation with bounding moves and the clear inclusion of new attacks that specifically enforce this new mechanic. Any reason for keeping quiet on these mechanics? Are they planning to showcase them at a later point in more detail?

Tina2040_

With DOA5 we saw the "I'm a Fighter" narrative being put forth in the story and marketing, as well as in characters such as Mila and Hitomi. What do you hope to achieve with the DOA6 story and marketing campaign? What would you consider as a main theme in this iteration? Revenge? Family?

AND

Fan-favourites such as Tina and Leifang are integral to the DOA franchise, but are not necessarily tied to the main plot of the story. Will we see any changes in these characters' stories this time round? How will these characters differ to their previous counterparts? How does the team work together to develop a story for someone such as Tina, who has done everything possible?

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
Since netcode is a high priority, I won't have to ask that one. How about more crazy interactive/exploring stages?

P2p1mbs

I will mainly just beg him not to cut Tina out of the base release and make her DLC. Though I might ask if they have any plans to bring back Rachel.

Leifang12

1. Will stairs, slopes, cars, weather changes, snow, rain, thunder, Ray House and more stages that you can explore and not just square stages, return to DOA6 !

2. Will you include more falling animations into DOA6, like in DOA2,3 and 4 where the camera would change everytime a charcter flew off the stage?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD