What would you change about DOA?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I would not change a thing from DOA5's system ...
but ...

I'd add Leon ...
put the fruit back in survival..
add survival tag..
add team battle .. (still dont get why they canned that mode)
and most importantly ... fix the fucking online ..

but heres hoping for DOA vs VF to have everyone vs everyone duke it out ! :D

OTG restand/relaunch combos.

Oh, God NO!... lol ... the Re-bounce system they added is good enough ... no need for overkill ..lol
Also, relaunches are already there :)

I think Sarah actually has an OTG...
try (flamingo) P2KKK into (flamingo)1KK, (flamingo) 6KK :D

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Man, I love these trick questions.

Let's see. I would change my occupation to a masochist client if it would get me a spot as a lucky guy who spent the night with Christie taking a part-time job as a dominatrix in DOA. As tired as she appears to be about being Donovan's lapdog, it's only fair she takes it out on someone... ;)

Omegan Eckhart

Fix netcode, reduce number of stuns, add the ability to break any non-high-counter throw with the same system that's used in VF5FS.
Add the ability to break any non-high-counter throw? I don't play VF5FS but if only high-counter grabs were unbreakable wouldn't that eliminate throw punishment?

d3v

For DOA characters to have similar frame data as the VF characters.
Oh, God NO!... lol ... the Re-bounce system they added is good enough ... no need for overkill ..lol
Also, relaunches are already there :)]
I dunno, for the only competitive 3D fighter that has a burst/combo break system (holds), you'd think you'd be rewarded more for getting guaranteed damage.

Off course, I do admit that this is coming from games that allow 50% or more of a simple hit-confirm.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Add the ability to break any non-high-counter throw? I don't play VF5FS but if only high-counter grabs were unbreakable wouldn't that eliminate throw punishment?

Thats a good question. In some cases yes, in others no. I imagine a re-balance of throw speeds would be in order so that there are at least two throws of every punishment tier speed, so you can "attempt" to punish and force them to guess between one of the two throw directions.

Alternatively, they could just make certain unsafe attacks even more unsafe so that they could actually be punished with strikes instead.

TheTHCGamer

I'm hearing a lot of "make it more like VF," whether you were thinking it that way or even realise that you want it. Jus' sayin'.
If there was a crossover id want both developers to release a version and yes id buy both. Not going to lie i thought SFxT had a lot of potential but i just thought that game ended up being sloppy. I have faith that a VF vs DOA crossover would be much better but at the moment im content with DOA5 which is the only game ive been playing as of late.

Ghosty-J

If there was a crossover id want both developers to release a version and yes id buy both. Not going to lie i thought SFxT had a lot of potential but i just thought that game ended up being sloppy. I have faith that a VF vs DOA crossover would be much better but at the moment im content with DOA5 which is the only game ive been playing as of late.
Same here. I've always looked forward more to TxSF since I knew Capcom would screw up in someway, and it happened in a way I didn't think they would have the guts to pull alongside the sloppy mechanics. I'm definitely gonna pick up any iteration of VFxDoA, whether it runs on their own engine or DoA's. After I unlock everything in this game (except for the 1000 wins titles and stuff), I might go back to Final Showdown and try learning Akira all over again for the 3rd time XD

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
-Changing/altering one thing can make the game play different and add a ton more options. Get Rid of all of those Damn critical states on normal and counter strikes, and return it to normal hit stuns. This will result in seeing far less holds, and a lot more Blocking, spacing, Side stepping. That is 3 active options compared to one(4 if you count holding). High Counter Strikes getting a critical state would make sense because it is doing damage on the most highest level(cause for a critical). Or, just make the critical states character specific(like for Helena or Zack), and have certain characters master that style of play.

Thats a good question. In some cases yes, in others no. I imagine a re-balance of throw speeds would be in order so that there are at least two throws of every punishment tier speed, so you can "attempt" to punish and force them to guess between one of the two throw directions.
-True, and they would have to make the throws in each level vastly different so that it gives purpose to choosing a throw break. So lets say for 12 frame throws, Bayman have a choice between a set-up throw(frame advantage), and one that outright does 90pts of Damage. If the opponent is smart, he will always go for the high damage throw escape...But the set-up throw near the wall would do upwards of say 140pts of damage. Having moments of mind fuckery would allow for a greater meta game, and a purpose for players to either look out for or employ certain strategies.

Alternatively, they could just make certain unsafe attacks even more unsafe so that they could actually be punished with strikes instead.
-With throw breaks, having greater disadvantages would not be a problem. And like you said, many unsafe attacks can now be strike punishable.

-All in all, I would be greatly appreciative if the critical state was more on the Doa2u...3.1 level.

NightAntilli

Removing defensive holds will make it a lesser virtua fighter with cooler environments. The holds are the main thing that separates DOA from VF in terms of fighting mechanics.

Darrell

I actually like the option to get out of the situation. If people are so against holds, then I'm just wondering what made them stick with the game past DOA2.. Plenty of other games without holds... No?

I would like to see the addition of evasiveness to moves that spin, twirl, or in some way shift around the environment. Even if said evasiveness is open or closed stance specific. I'm not talking about hyper-armor, here. Some moves look like they should avoid specific attacks but they don't. Pai's BT P+K looks as though it's designed to turn away from jabs, when both players have the same foot forward -- sadly it does not.
These characters' fighting styles are based on real world fighting techniques -- many of which are designed to counterattack specific attacks. I feel it would deepen the experience and increase the gap between players.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD