What would you like to see in DOA6?

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Oh yes, I know that people get them for medical reasons etc.
And most of them are due to medical reasons.
But they do happen in Hollywood, because once you're over a certain size you're basically regarded as being someone who '' can't be taken seriously '' ( and it's not even a very large size that we're talking about ).
Hollywood is like this with facial surgery and such too, but if you're well-endowed it's usually a complete death sentence for your acting career unless you don't want to only play '' big breasted bimbos '' for comedic effect.
Hence why I said that women are being dehumanized and demonized for how they were born.

People do judge you quite severely for being well-endowed in a VERY negative fashion, and a lot of the negative attitudes and dismissing of it on the internet is just another form of expression of that.
It's a quite common thing to hear amongst well-endowed women that they've had people suggest it in a not so very good way.
And I have personal friends who have experienced it and that I've talked to a lot about this and how it makes them feel to constantly read article after article and forum post after forum post about how '' horrible '' that the way that they were born apparently is and needs to be changed for them to be '' less ridicilous, more human, respectable, presentable etc etc ''. To the extent that they feel as if they're not even being regarded as people.
My friend literally had the doctor tell her that she should get one so that people would '' not think that she's a bimbo ''.

And the assumption that some people make that the sole reason why a well-endowed woman exists in a game for example is just yet another case of this. I am not saying that it isn't often the case that well-endowed women are used specifically for sex appeal, but I also think that people are very '' jumpy '' when it comes to it and make that assumption per default.
It's possible to even like a character such as Ivy or Rachel without it being a sexual thing, and it's possible to like a well-endowed female character for relatability or aesthetical reasons rather than sexual etc. But people jump to the assumption that it's purely for sexual reasons because it's both easier to dismiss people who like them as '' perverts '' and quite frankly because most of it I think is projection.
Because that's how they see it.

I just wish that people would perhaps stop and think about these things for a moment before being so dismissive and simplistic about it.
Because it does perpetuate a lot of shitty attitudes and hurtful notions.
I just wish that people overall were less shitty towards each other and more considerate of others.
Whether it be towards someone who is well-endowed, small-chested, large or skinny etc ( regardless of whether it's something that you're genetically born with or not ). Just be decent and respectful towards each other.
And so, perhaps people shouldn't insinuate that someone is a '' monster / monsterous '' for being well-endowed.

Long post, sorry xD. I feel strongly about this...
No one on this forum has ever called anyone a monster for their bust size. No one I have ever seen, and nothing I have ever read on the internet has called anyone a monster for their bust size. I have never heard of this anomaly until the Shimbori mistranslation. I am not saying it doesn't happen. I'm just saying that wherever your friends, or you, are on the internet where you're/they are getting "Dehumanized" by the size of your/their brassiere, maybe don't be there? The Hollywood bit is unsurprising and to be totally honest not the most horrible thing they've ever or will ever be responsible for. They're terrible people. This conversation is completely irrelevant to DOA6 as it has been confirmed that Shimbori was not actually disparaging the well-endowed. People are going to hear, see, and believe what they want though. Like Ivy's design not being sexual in nature which is literally laughable. I love Ivy and she's going to be my main in SCVI but seriously lol... Anyway the real reason this discussion should die in a fire on this forum to never live again is because people are legitimately

Tired

Of

Hearing

It.

Fightaro

No one on this forum has ever called anyone a monster for their bust size. No one I have ever seen, and nothing I have ever read on the internet has called anyone a monster for their bust size. I have never heard of this anomaly until the Shimbori mistranslation. I am not saying it doesn't happen. I'm just saying that wherever your friends, or you, are on the internet where you're/they are getting "Dehumanized" by the size of your/their brassiere, maybe don't be there? The Hollywood bit is unsurprising and to be totally honest not the most horrible thing they've ever or will ever be responsible for. They're terrible people. This conversation is completely irrelevant to DOA6 as it has been confirmed that Shimbori was not actually disparaging the well-endowed. People are going to hear, see, and believe what they want though. Like Ivy's design not being sexual in nature which is literally laughable. I love Ivy and she's going to be my main in SCVI but seriously lol... Anyway the real reason this discussion should die in a fire on this forum to never live again is because people are legitimately

Tired

Of

Hearing

It.

I was originally responding to someone who insinuated it.
Btw, where did you see that it was confirmed that Shimbori wasn't disparaging well-endowed women? Was it a mistranslation or something?
I wasn't even refering to it really tho.
I also never said that Ivy's design isn't sexual, it's obviously '' sexually influenced '' so to speak. But that's honestly besides the point.
Because we perceive things from different perspectives.
You can perceive and like a character or a certain aspect of that character for many different reasons.
You can find the character '' problematic '' or you can find the character '' empowering ''. It depends on who you ask.
You can like Ivy's chest because you find it sexually titilating, but you can also like it because you find it aesthetically appealing.
It's a spectrum, and people are complicated.
And when I said '' even like a character such as.... '' I thought that I was pretty clearly hinting at that Ivy for example is clearly designed to be very sexual.
The end goal of that and how the sexual aspect is perceived is a spectrum tho.
One artist might create a character like her because they find her sexually titilating, another because it's what they find to be aesthetically cool.
The intent behind the design can also differ greatly.

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I was originally responding to someone who insinuated it.
Btw, where did you see that it was confirmed that Shimbori wasn't disparaging well-endowed women? Was it a mistranslation or something?
I wasn't even refering to it really tho.
Tyaren has never disparaged the well endowed either, and has never insinuated it. This is the only part of your post I'm responding to because I refuse to encourage the fanservice discussion to continue and merely want to correct misinformation. It was confirmed not by a game journalist website interview but by them being approached and confronted about it in person at EVO. I do not take the word of interviews seriously. I do however trust the word of some of the members in this community when they have displayed nothing but honesty and factual integrity whether it be game related or not.

Shimbori's decision in reducing the breast size in some of the female cast has been confirmed as: "Average human." Not "More human." and this stands by current medical information. The biggest average cup size globally is D with America being an outlier there with >F (Hello Tina, who as I've always said should always remain the exception, not the rule, in bust size in DOA) with the highest majority ranging in the Bs. DDDs are not average. H+s are not average. They are above average globally. This doesn't mean they're bad but they are not average. That's all.

Last edited:

Fightaro

Tyaren has never disparaged the well endowed either, and has never insinuated it. This is the only part of your post I'm responding to because I refuse to encourage the fanservice discussion to continue and merely want to correct misinformation. It was confirmed not by a game journalist website interview but by them being approached and confronted about it in person at EVO. I do not take the word of interviews seriously. I do however trust the word of the members of this community when they have displayed nothing but honesty and factual integrity whether it be game related or not.

Shimbori's decision in reducing the breast size in some of the female cast has been confirmed as: "Average human." Not "More human." and this stands by current medical information. The biggest average cup size globally is D with America being an outlier there with >F (Hello Tina, who as I've always said should always remain the exception, not the rule, in bust size in DOA) with the highest majority ranging in the Bs. DDDs are not average. H+s are not average. They are above average globally. This doesn't mean they're bad but they are not average. That's all.

It wasn't Tyaren that I was refering to originally :).
The person that I originally adressed literally used the words '' titty monster ''.
Tyaren only responded to one part and I responded back to that and maybe vented a little bit because this issue is quite personal and emotional to me.
I wasn't specifically talking about Shimbori's comment and all that, but the grand scheme of things.
Anyways, lets leave it at that.
Because we're getting into something and opening a can of worms that I never intended to open or get into.

Btw, could you link me to this person who asked them?
Did he ask them anything else too or just that?
I'd just like to read for myself as I've never heard about this. I am new on this forum.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
It wasn't Tyaren that I was refering to originally :).
The person that I originally adressed literally used the words '' titty monster ''.
Tyaren only responded to one part and I responded back to that and maybe vented a little bit because this issue is quite personal and emotional to me.
I wasn't specifically talking about Shimbori's comment and all that, but the grand scheme of things.
Anyways, lets leave it at that.
Because we're getting into something and opening a can of worms that I never intended to open or get into.

Btw, could you link me to this person who asked them?
Did he ask them anything else too or just that?
I'd just like to read for myself as I've never heard about this. I am new on this forum.
Ah, yeah I see now. Hayabusiness. Par for the course there really and I seriously doubt/hope they don't view well-endowed females in that negative of a light. xD I apologize for jumping the gun on that as I respect Tyaren quite a bit and understand where you're coming from on your side. I'm not here to stir up fights or anything.

Agreed!

As for the information in question it was presented by Rikuto on Twitter directly infront of the people who have since blocked him and myself considering us feminists and SJWs (Which is hilarious honestly but whatever). I seriously doubt Rikuto asked a whole lot more about the fanservice related directions because like many members of these forums (Myself included) it really doesn't freaking matter to him. You can ask him yourself though. Or even go to Gamescom and ask TN in person! From what I hear they're very nice and approachable people despite the vitriol they get on social media.

Original with redaction in case he wants his privacy lmao:
Tweet2.png

belts

Hahaha you guys said my last comment was homophobic... wow. This place really is ridiculous. Does that mean anyone who comments on my avatar being too sexy or something is sexist or afraid of women? I think I will take a long vacation from this place. LOL

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Hahaha you guys said my last comment was homophobic... wow. This place really is ridiculous. Does that mean anyone who comments on my avatar being too sexy or something is sexist or afraid of women? I think I will take a long vacation from this place. LOL
Well the implication in your last post was that you shouldn't be discussing female fan service with someone sporting two hot guys in their avatar. That can only be taken in a negative light whether you intended to come across as prejudice or not.

just_me

Standard Donor
I think they should obfuscate the simplicity of the clothing & character damage “system” a bit better.
At the moment it's “stay unharmed till you eat a BB”, right?
I think it would seem a bit more dynamic if they have some sort of (hidden) counter that is increased by several different actions.
E.g. the model switches to the damaged model if the counter exceeds 10 points. A wall hit/generic danger zone is 1 point, a depletable/special danger zone is 2 points, knocking off a cliff is 2, a BB is 5 and a stage's special dangerzone (e.g. the Kraken slam) always switches.

I really didn't think much about the actual values etc., it's just to illustrate the point.

biquiba

Realistic wishes without reiterating the obvious issues wich TN should address, like the netcode (per piece of cloth customization, like the other 3D fighters, wouldn't be out of reach if we didn't buy so much dlc costumes):

1. At this day and age 3rd party chars are all the rage, but they all should be post launch content. DOA should focus on its original rosters while already announcing the season pass chars, would include guests. Silhouettes generates only anxiety and chars beg to be leaked nowadays.

2. More multi tiered vertical levels. Enough of generic plataforms. Entertainment first, e-sports later.

3. Tone down the fanservice. Seriously, I'm not even talking about the outside perception of the game, wich is cynical at the very least, but sometimes even I can't take this game seriously. Kasumi has a bajillion of costumes, but only one of them, costume number 3, is capable of transmitting me the feeling of empowerment after I land a sick combo filled with teleports while cherry blossom petals fall all over the place. I fell...dehyped(?) after I see those two watermelons bounce at the character select screen. DOA chars aren't dehumanized in my view, but they're reeeally comical.

4. Add Akira back again in the roster :cool:

Edit: prototypetom's comment made me remember one crucial thing: fix the frame data! Things are hard already as it is, no need to worry about when exactly we would be should be adding frames to what is currently being displayed in the frame counter. This counter should be 100% accurate and reliable.

Last edited:

prototypetom

I'd like to see a more visual representation of frames and advantage stuff in training mode. Perhaps the characters could get a coloured wash as they switch through the phases of the moves if set just for frames (maybe split low, mid, high if set for other things). Something like this could open up better understanding for casual players who cringe at the numbers at first. Something like a bridge for more casual players between just learning the what is effective rather than why, and going all in on the theory.

TBH I still don't really get it, not completely - i do when i read about it, it's all quite simple - but when it comes to using it, the numbers dancing about throw me. Perhaps I'd see this wouldn't work (or that it's pointless) if I was more knowledgeable about it - I just know i'd like something a bit more intuitive.

HHH816

Nah recolors are good, as long as they are kept as a single costume, for example you pick C1 and then you a choice to pick which color.
Then C2 is other costume etc

if the choice of costume are from left to right and then colors from up and down then it's ok

if they stack up all the costume from up to down then it's just going to waste time only choosing a costume

Cadaveri

if the choice of costume are from left to right and then colors from up and down then it's ok

if they stack up all the costume from up to down then it's just going to waste time only choosing a costume

Yeah I agree, I hope they implement something like that

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD