Which character do you have the most trouble fighting against.

Brute

Standard Donor
Officially add Tina and Mila to my list. Goddamn floor grab spams and H+K somersaults...

Mila in particular. Tina is devastating but has her weaknesses. Mila, however, seems to have 0 recovery frames even from her fastest AND heaviest attacks (I don't know her movelist, but whatever that mid-kick is where she turns to do a back-kick that guard breaks... yeah, screw that move). I've also tried countering her... no such luck. I'm normally a very calm gamer but man can Mila get me worked up.

I'm gonna have to study her movelist and mix-up possibilities in training more. It seems like they'd be obvious (lots of high-mid punches), but something about their speed or variety is throwing me off.

Doug Nguyen

Brad Wong online and Hayate online. Some of their moves are bullshit, oh wait and Hayabusa teleport spammers. Lol.
Seriously, i hate those. Especially Hayabusa spammers. Havent fought one in a while but do any attacks interrupt all his teleport moves? I know side stepping works for the attacks but not the grab, so can you just do a far ranged attack to counter strike them? An example would be Helenas H+K.

Brute

Standard Donor
Seriously, i hate those. Especially Hayabusa spammers. Havent fought one in a while but do any attacks interrupt all his teleport moves? I know side stepping works for the attacks but not the grab, so can you just do a far ranged attack to counter strike them? An example would be Helenas H+K.
Most high attacks will cut him off mid-air for the ongyoin 8K, 8P, and 8T
Additionally, you can stand still and block. If they use the throw, he spawns over you a bit higher than for the 8P (& closer than the 8K) and descends a bit slower, giving you a chance you react. Either start throwing out some punches (remember that if you're attacking, you can't be thrown unless it's an OH) or duck and kick his lights out once he lands.
And if that's too complicated, you can always just hold 2 or 8 (though be careful not to close in, as then you're open to the 6P).

Ryu's teleports are overrated.

phoenix1985gr

For the throw double ss evades it but you re further away from him so its hard to follow up... But yeah whenever i see someone going for his stance from a distance constant sidestepping beats everything...

To be on topic i dont think i have a problem with a particular character its mostly the player most of the times, but im really tired of running onto ranked 1bar hayates its not fun.... (i wish you could just skip matches or choose the connection)

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Top Five Characters I Struggle With

1. Jann Lee: I HATE THIS MAN
2. Mila: I HATE THIS WOMAN
3. Sarah Bryant: A difficult opponent to deal with once she gets her mixups and FLA stance moves going
4. Akira Yuki: His frames overwhelm the shit out of me at times, and he seems to be able to interrupt ALOT.
5. Alpha-152: This is mostly due to character ignorance but she can be aggravating to fight at times.

On a sidenote, I need to remind myself to NEVER get in Kokoro's, Eliot's or Gen Fu's faces...

FatalxInnocence

Well, when it comes to actual people players I'm going to say

Christie - She's just too fast for me, and half the time I don't know whether she's going high mid or low, and since I've never used her it all looks the same to me! but her speed is what gets me! I feel like I'm stuck on guard until the player throws me.

Rig - Same as Christie... no idea what kicks are lows mids or highs cause it all looks too similar and the attacks never seem to stop. Much like Christie.

Brad Wong - He just gets out of every attack... whether it be a mid or high... lows are clearly his weak spot but spamming them will only get you countered... he's too tricky for me to understand.

phoenix1985gr

Top Five Characters I Struggle With

1. Jann Lee: I HATE THIS MAN
2. Mila: I HATE THIS WOMAN
3. Sarah Bryant: A difficult opponent to deal with once she gets her mixups and FLA stance moves. going
4. Akira Yuki: His frames overwhelm the shit out of me at times, and he seems to be able to interrupt ALOT.
5. Alpha-152: This is mostly due to character ignorance but she can be aggravating to fight at times.

On a sidenote, I need to remind my self to NEVER get in Kokoro's, Eliot's or Gen Fu's faces...

A few days ago i was in a lobby playing with some friends, so in one match i decide to use Alpha and at that time a random guy just gets in the lobby, when hes time comes he picks her to, but i pick Lei Fang and i kinda destroyed him then i see a stupid Alpha on the chat log and he left i lol'd so hard... I mean I know she might give some trouble if a competent player uses but the no wake up kicks i think is a huge disadvantage...

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
A few days ago i was in a lobby playing with some friends, so in one match i decide to use Alpha and at that time a random guy just gets in the lobby, when hes time comes he picks her to, but i pick Lei Fang and i kinda destroyed him then i see a stupid Alpha on the chat log and he left i lol'd so hard... I mean I know she might give some trouble if a competent player uses but the no wake up kicks i think is a huge disadvantage...

Yeah, I heard Alpha's shit, but everytime I fight her, I get overwhelmed constantly. Once I unlock her, I'll be sure to look over her strings to get a feel for her, then her spot will be given to *shivers* Kokoro.

akhi216

Standard Donor
I find trouble with Jann Lee the most. I find that Jann Lee's attacks have too much priority over my slow Lisa attacks, add that to him being hard to counter and I have quite a job on my hands.

The second person that I have the most trouble with is Mila. Although she's slow on her feet her hands are quick, maybe too quick for my Lisa. If I can keep her away she's predictable, but if she manages to get inside I'll have a hard time with her.

XXxHakuxXX

I do that personally, I find that my opponent can do a few things against it. Although she's at advantage, it's basically a Bass pick-up 50/50 deal. You can go for a defensive option and see what works out. SS is pretty safe, I've been the only Mila I've seen so far to deter a SS with a 1P on the reset, most go for the knee launcher or the ducking jab. I also do SS into TD. But if you're referring to the knee or punch that one is hit with on the reset, blocking and countering works perfectly well. There's nothing guaranteed about the situation for Mila, you still have to make the correct guess to keep it going.
Your Mila does not scare me :D.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I came to a conclusion. My list that I made is absoluately wrong. The only character that I have trouble fighting is Lag. That character need to either be taken out of the game completely, or nerf to all hell.

Indeed, though Team Ninja did fix up the netcode with 1.02, although only 5 bars matches feel near perfect. If the netcode got improved even more, I'm certain that no one would add Hayate to their lists.

Doug Nguyen

Im content with 4 or even 3 bars connection the sad thing is at least on psn most arent even there...
Same. I deal with lag fine. But so many times ill get people rage quit because of "lag", lag goes both ways and if i can deal with it. You should have the respect to finish a game. No one ever quits a laggy game when there winning, but right when the end up losing, they quit.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Same. I deal with lag fine. But so many times ill get people rage quit because of "lag", lag goes both ways and if i can deal with it. You should have the respect to finish a game. No one ever quits a laggy game when there winning, but right when the end up losing, they quit.

Actually this is false. Lag can be for different reasons. It can be because the crappy netcode itself, or someone on a wireless, or someone having a crappy connection altogether. So lag may be worse for someone else than it is for you. I know this by experience. I've played matches where it was impossible for me to throw out a hold, or block properly while the other player was obviously able to. So yeah. That's not always true.

Doug Nguyen

Actually this is false. Lag can be for different reasons. It can be because the crappy netcode itself, or someone on a wireless, or someone having a crappy connection altogether. So lag may be worse for someone else than it is for you. I know this by experience. I've played matches where it was impossible for me to throw out a hold, or block properly while the other player was obviously able to. So yeah. That's not always true.
Oh ok. But still no one ever quits a laggy game when there winning, but right when the end up losing, they quit.

CrimsonCJ

To be fair, sometimes this is deceptive. I occasionally have gotten in hold reads by having to time the lag in my head and predict that far out, which is when this game becomes an odd version of DDR-via-pad. Sometimes, it does feel straight up unequal, though.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD