Who makes the cut in DOA 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
i don't want this thread to be closed so why don't we just agree that we have different opinions on this topic and move on
That's fine, although I wasn't arguing or anything at all xD I don't think what we have going on is enough to make them close the thread but I don't mind keeping things moving along

All in all I hope Momji and Rachel are dropped for DLC pretty close to when Nyo and Phase come out. Hopefully we'll see a trailer for Phase soon since I kinda want to see how she'll tie into the story now that she has a real purpose

Onryoki

Standard Donor
It doesn’t matter who is or isn’t a guest character. It’s about who or who doesn’t return. Some think Rachel and Momiji will and others don’t. I don’t get why this thread is still a thing considering there are only 4 characters left and everyone can guess who will be in. I think Raidou will get a separate trailer where he will talk with Honoka and NiCO. I think Eliot, Gen and Brad will be in 1 trailer since they have a story line together... I think.

Atahotaku

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that's it for the ladies in the base roster. If Momiji/Rachel were going to be in, they'd likely be included in the bath posters. I know P4 isn't there either, but that's literally another Kasumi, so...
They still could reveal a new poster with those two.

But if you're right, then we'll have most probably Brad Wong, Eliot, Raidou and Genfu/Leon. I'm hoping for Leon, have some respect for italians, TN.

P2p1mbs

But if you're right, then we'll have most probably Brad Wong, Eliot, Raidou and Genfu/Leon. I'm hoping for Leon, have some respect for italians, TN.

Looks like this will be the remaining unrevealed characters. Sad that Momiji and Rachel wont make it in immediately since that would mean no story involvement (though neither Phase 4 and Nyotengu would likely have as well) but they are likely coming back as DLC within the first few months.

werewolfgold

They still could reveal a new poster with those two.
They've said from the very beginning that there were 5 posters. Now, it seems that they did add a 26th button (Nyotengu) for people who pre-order the collector's edition, but we've also known about Nyotengu for months. My gut says they're not about to suddenly say "JK 6 posters" when there'd be no reason to keep a possible unrevealed Momiji/Rachel a secret. They just would've said from the jump that there were 6 posters and then reveal the posters once everyone on the posters were revealed.

Looks like this will be the remaining unrevealed characters. Sad that Momiji and Rachel wont make it in immediately since that would mean no story involvement (though neither Phase 4 and Nyotengu would likely have as well) but they are likely coming back as DLC within the first few months.
Well, @deathofaninja claims that there may be non-playable story cameos, but he's supposed to be looking for that particular interview where that was said. Don't give up hope. But, I don't think the general populace likes non-playable story cameos whom are then conveniently added soon afterward that much. It reeks of "cut content".

I remember them saying Nyotengu was possibly going to make a story appearance and that's already pushing it. I don't see how P4 wouldn't be involved in the story at someplace either.

Anyhoo, my best guess at the roster is:

1. Kasumi
  2. Helena
  3. Hayate
  4. Hayabusa
  5. Jann Lee
  6. Zack
  7. Diego
  8. Rig
  9. Hitomi
  10. Leifang
  11. Ayane
  12. Marie Rose
  13. Honoka
  14. Bayman
  15. Bass
  16. Tina
  17. Mila
  18. Christie
  19. Kokoro
  20. Lisa
  21. NiCO
  22. Brad
  23. Eliot
  24. Gen Fu
  25. Raidou
  26. Nyotengu
  27. Phase 4

Now, I like Leon. And obviously Emperor Cow likes Leon and took a picture with Shimbori, so they know he exists. But, my gut says that the team still sees him as superfluous. But, if they are trying to "retire" Gen Fu, then Leon has a shot in his place.
BUT, Hayate got hit with the clone beam at the end of DOA5, so I feel like "Ein" is going to be a real boy now and that's why Hayate is pissed and attacking Diego because he's trying to find Rig. Maybe Ein is the "secret" 28th character and not Raidou.

jellypvdding

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say that's it for the ladies in the base roster. If Momiji/Rachel were going to be in, they'd likely be included in the bath posters. I know P4 isn't there either, but that's literally another Kasumi, so...
werewolfgod has served some hot tea. the hefers are looking good y'all. clock nico, marise rose and honoka living the anime girl fantasy. clock nyo getting handsy with mila and tina's boobies while christie and lisa are serving faaace. yaaas. oh kokoro girl, you been working out? your biceps are IT this era. mhm. and the other girls were there too. haha. just kidding they looking good. werk.

'translation' for winnie t. pooh: the posters look awesome bro.

anyway side note, i'm kinda pressed that honoka was revealed so soon btdubbs. if she had been teased like nyo and p4 maybe they could have integrated some swag from papi d and nicolodeon into her moveset...

also y'all think they'll stop being homophobic this era and make posters of the guys...? hehe. :p

P2p1mbs

Well, @deathofaninja claims that there may be non-playable story cameos, but he's supposed to be looking for that particular interview where that was said. Don't give up hope. But, I don't think the general populace likes non-playable story cameos whom are then conveniently added soon afterward that much. It reeks of "cut content".

I remember them saying Nyotengu was possibly going to make a story appearance and that's already pushing it. I don't see how P4 wouldn't be involved in the story at someplace either.

That's sort of what they did for Phase 4 in the initial release of 5 though. Then again, she was only teased at the intro cutscene and the post credits scene so she barely played any role.

Now, I like Leon. And obviously Emperor Cow likes Leon and took a picture with Shimbori, so they know he exists. But, my gut says that the team still sees him as superfluous. But, if they are trying to "retire" Gen Fu, then Leon has a shot in his place.

As little a role Gen Fu has played in the story, he has still been playable in the initial release of 5 while Leon was only added in for 5 Ultimate. I personally believe that shows he takes priority over Leon.

BUT, Hayate got hit with the clone beam at the end of DOA5, so I feel like "Ein" is going to be a real boy now and that's why Hayate is pissed and attacking Diego because he's trying to find Rig. Maybe Ein is the "secret" 28th character and not Raidou.

There is a secret character? When was this mentioned?

werewolfgold

There is a secret character? When was this mentioned?
Just speculation. Some people had mentioned that Raidou might be a secret boss and thus not included in the 25 costumes/buttons included in the special edition. I just took that and said that if there is some kind of secret character or boss, it might be Ein (maybe a souped-up version) and not Raidou. Especially since Raidou-bot is just being shown off in the NiCO trailer as kind of foreshadowing.

jellypvdding

Yeah, those posters likely show the complete female cast of the game.
Such a weird decision to keep Eliot/Brad/Genfu as the last reveals. You'd think they'd keep more popular characters for last, to really get that hype going shortly before release.
seems shady. i bet they're hiding something cos your on point the remaining hefers tba aren't as popular as the ones who've been dropped. the only thing i'd be excited about is more new characters. so maybe we can get our hopes up for some fresh fish but my arms are getting tired from reaching all the time. haha.

also sorry for spelling your name wrong werewolfgold. :)

Saro

It seems really likely the cast at launch will be 25, INCLUDING Nyotengu and Phase-4. This means only 2 chars (boys) are left.

Maybe they wanted to push these posters and other stuff sooner than later, so all the girls got revealed first.

There is also the possibility that some DLC (Rachel / Momiji) will be revealed as following DLC in proximity or right after launch.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It seems really likely the cast at launch will be 25, INCLUDING Nyotengu and Phase-4. This means only 2 chars (boys) are left.

Maybe they wanted to push these posters and other stuff sooner than later, so all the girls got revealed first.

There is also the possibility that some DLC (Rachel / Momiji) will be revealed as following DLC in proximity or right after launch.
I don't think so tbh, if they're preorder incentives, I don't count that as part of the base roster. Plus we haven't even seen Phase 4 yet either xD I think the bath poster just included Nyo and they had to show her

YEH

Wait for it, and I know most will hate me saying this: the rest of the characters are Alpha-152, Brad, Eliot and Gen fu, Raidou not playable at launch.

Onryoki

Standard Donor

I’ve explained this before, WHY would they include DLC costumes for bonus DLC characters in that set? It seems very unreasonable to me. What if some players want the costume set but they don’t want Nyotengu and Phase4? They would basically be forced to buy those characters because of the costume set.

Yeah, those posters likely show the complete female cast of the game.
Such a weird decision to keep Eliot/Brad/Genfu as the last reveals. You'd think they'd keep more popular characters for last, to really get that hype going shortly before release.

I think they wanted to show everybody else first keep the audience interested. showing uninteresting characters like Eliot, Brad and Gen fu first would give off a rather boring first impression. I think it was very smart of TN to reveal the interesting characters first. Besides that I think Nyotengu and Phase 4 are the hypes before the release. I think Eliot Brad and Gen fu are just a trailer inbetween nobody cares about.

jellypvdding

Wait for it, and I know most will hate me saying this: the rest of the characters are Alpha-152, Brad, Eliot and Gen fu, Raidou not playable at launch.
your crew isn't too controversial though. haha. ein and leon came out in the ultimate edition last time right? so i didn't think anyone would be pressed by this line up. haha. just history repeating itself. but if you need back up let me know. i'll check a hefer real quick. :p

Saro

I’ve explained this before, WHY would they include DLC costumes for bonus DLC characters in that set? It seems very unreasonable to me. What if some players want the costume set but they don’t want Nyotengu and Phase4? They would basically be forced to buy those characters because of the costume set.

It's obvious to me that if you buy the super special Japanese edition with mouse pads and pins, you get Nyotengu and Phase-4 too, either you want them or not (why would you not?)

Onryoki

Standard Donor
It's obvious to me that if you buy the super special Japanese edition with mouse pads and pins, you get Nyotengu and Phase-4 too, either you want them or not (why would you not?)
if you buy the deluxe edition you get them, but what if somebody just want the costume pack and not the deluxe edition???

Saro

if you buy the deluxe edition you get them, but what if somebody just want the costume pack and not the deluxe edition???

It means you get 2 costumes that you will not use, no reason to be forced to buy the chars too.

Also, the deluxe costumes will probably be sold as singular items outside of the deluxe.

just_me

Standard Donor
Nyotengu is the 26th char… they basically confirmed this with her bonus pin. P4 is unknown atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD