Balance Who thinks Gen Fu is the best in the game?

TaijiMonk

That only works if you're more knowledgeable than the vox populi.
Well, it depends on the subject matter, fact/opinion kind of thing, & what we define as knowledge. There's a fine line between being open-minded to accepting new ideas vs believing the popular opinion simply because you think they would know more about said subject than you. Anyway, moving on

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, it depends on the subject matter, fact/opinion kind of thing, & what we define as knowledge. There's a fine line between being open-minded to accepting new ideas vs believing the popular opinion simply because you think they would know more about said subject than you. Anyway, moving on
Look, I hold some unpopular opinions on this game myself, so I know what you're trying to say. But in this case, I really feel like if you were truly looking at all the pieces and understood them all and their ramifications, you would agree: Gen Fu is a beast, and definitely top tier.

TaijiMonk

Look, I hold some unpopular opinions on this game myself, so I know what you're trying to say. But in this case, I really feel like if you were truly looking at all the pieces and understood them all and their ramifications, you would agree: Gen Fu is a beast, and definitely top tier.
I wish I had time to do that, and I'm not making excuses. I'm just not willing to spend the time right now to drudge through all the frame rates and dissect all the characters. Most people have a certain amount of time everyday to spend on whatever, and I'm not quite hardcore about this game yet to do that. Just not willing to sacrifice the time right now. That's basically what it comes down to. Maybe in the near future though I'll delve into the fundamentals I may be missing and all the intricacies of the game

Brute

Standard Donor
I wish I had time to do that, and I'm not making excuses. I'm just not willing to spend the time right now to drudge through all the frame rates and dissect all the characters. Most people have a certain amount of time everyday to spend on whatever, and I'm not quite hardcore about this game yet to do that. Just not willing to sacrifice the time right now. That's basically what it comes down to. Maybe in the near future though I'll delve into the fundamentals I may be missing and all the intricacies of the game
Exactly. And that's fine. But there are some of us who do put that time in, and having done so, we almost all unanimously agree that Gen Fu is top tier. You can choose not to believe us if you like, but the empirical evidence does support our opinions if you put the time into it. But until that time, we can't really explain to you why. It would be like trying to explain gerunds to someone who does not speak English.

Brute

Standard Donor
What's a gerund. They kicked me out of ESL after seven months.
Internet could probably explain it better than me, but it's essentially when you're using the present-tense form of a verb as a noun. So if you were to say: "Jerking off is awesome," then 'jerking off' becomes the subject of the sentence and thus a noun, despite it normally being a verb. That's a gerund.

edit: And why did they kick you out?

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I got conversational English down and they had too many kids in ESL. :v

Back on topic, though, Gen Fu is dumb.

Brute

Standard Donor
Lol, that's right. Glad to see your on my side now
skeptical.gif

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Gen Fu is trash.

No, don't let TN hear you say that O_O! He'll get buffed to GalacticTier in the next patch!

SweetRevenge117 said:
According to the original poster hes mid tier. Meaning he needs some buffs :)

Actually, doesn't mid tier mean that the character is at a happy medium and is perfectly fine? :oops:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I have 3 questions I would like everybody who reads this thread to answer

1. Is Gen Fu the best character in Doa5 Ultimate? (was he in any other game?)
2. Is he cheap?
3. If so, ...why?

1. Best? No. But I could argue 3 other characters who are at an equal level if he's not above them.
1. a. Yes, he was the best character in DOA3.
1. b. Yes, he was one of the three best characters in DOA4.
1. c. No, he was the 2nd best character in DOA1
1. d. No, he was the 3rd or 4th best character in DOA2.

2. No.

He has always been a very very solid character who never gets touched or nerfed much because no one starts off to main him. He tends to start getting mained at the end of the game's life when players just want to pick the best character with most if not all of the options. The guy is a well-rounded beast, in every version of DOA. The only thing he tends to lack is a long range game, but luckily DOA doesn't play long range.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD