Win/lose/intro quotes in Japanese?

E24K Lawson

Good evening. A video of the intro and victory poses for DOA2U was uploaded a while ago by @Gultigargar with a few of them missing, and much like the DOA3 video, I'd appreciate if the quotes were translated.

Missing intro/victory quotes:

Leifang - "Good job." - (only in Story Mode)
Ayane - "I don't have time to play around with you." and "I'll let you get away this once." (only in Story Mode)
Hitomi - "Hit me with your best shot." (against Ein)
Bayman - "Well, if it isn't Leon!" - (against Leon) and "Sorry, my friend, you're out of luck." (standard victory pose)
Tengu - "You amuse me." (standard win pose)

Last edited:

PrincessPeachfan2016

It's nice how someone managed to translate a lot of the dialogue lines and such, but there's still something strange about the DOA++ endings.
What do they even mean? Leifang's just made me question what the devs where thinking on writing that, is there even lore or context behind these?
Aside from that, I think Kasumi's lines from DOA3 could be translated too, iirc I didn't hear them on the later games, except some of them which were reused for Phase 4. I believe one of the re-used lines was "Jama wo shinaide." (Out of my way.) On DOA3 there was also a variation of ''Jama wo shinaide'' where Kasumi said ''Onegai'' (Please) in Japanese first, but I could be wrong about that. Most of Kasumi's lines on DOA3 were unique either way so I think it'd be worth it checking it out.
Her lines are the first ones to come from the video so they shouldn't need a timestamp.

werewolfgold

Good evening. A video of the intro and victory poses for DOA2U was uploaded a while ago by @Gultigargar with a few of them missing, and much like the DOA3 video, I'd appreciate if the quotes were translated.

Missing intro/victory quotes:

Leifang - "Good job." - (only in Story Mode)
Ayane - "I don't have time to play around with you." and "I'll let you get away this once." (only in Story Mode)
Hitomi - "Hit me with your best shot." (against Ein)
Bayman - "Well, if it isn't Leon!" - (against Leon) and "Sorry, my friend, you're out of luck." (standard victory pose)
Tengu - "You amuse me." (standard win pose)
Aye-aye-aye, you've been waiting on this for a while, huh? I must not have gotten the notification. I'll see what I can do when I have some spare time.

It's nice how someone managed to translate a lot of the dialogue lines and such, but there's still something strange about the DOA++ endings.
What do they even mean? Leifang's just made me question what the devs where thinking on writing that, is there even lore or context behind these?
I probably was trying to be too literal in my translations, which can lead to problems. I should probably re-do them. But, Leifang is talking to herself, trying to build up courage to approach (probably Jann Lee) to tell him her feelings.

Kasumi's is referencing her getting captured and cloned.

Hayabusa's ending is referencing his leaving and going back to his wife Irene afterward (based on the original Ninja Gaiden series). But that got retconned with the reboot of Ninja Gaiden afterward. He and Irene just "work together" as of now, though some people make jokes about their relationship.

Bass' and Raidou's endings are probably going to be weird no matter what. lol

I'll go over the Kasumi quotes when I can. But you're right in that line being pretty much the same.

PrincessPeachfan2016

Aye-aye-aye, you've been waiting on this for a while, huh? I must not have gotten the notification. I'll see what I can do when I have some spare time.

I probably was trying to be too literal in my translations, which can lead to problems. I should probably re-do them. But, Leifang is talking to herself, trying to build up courage to approach (probably Jann Lee) to tell him her feelings.

Kasumi's is referencing her getting captured and cloned.

Hayabusa's ending is referencing his leaving and going back to his wife Irene afterward (based on the original Ninja Gaiden series). But that got retconned with the reboot of Ninja Gaiden afterward. He and Irene just "work together" as of now, though some people make jokes about their relationship.

Bass' and Raidou's endings are probably going to be weird no matter what. lol

I'll go over the Kasumi quotes when I can. But you're right in that line being pretty much the same.
Ah, that explains the Leifang ending a lot, guess if we re-translate the DOA++ endings and make some theories maybe all of them will make more sense.

I'm not an expert in Japanese, but I tried translating some of Kasumi's DOA3 lines, and these were the result, they actually sound pretty close to how she pronounces them.

Intro Quotes:
''Yurusarezarumono.'' (You're unforgivable.)
[許されざる者]

(Story Mode Only; Against OMEGA)

''Kizutsuketakunai, demo...'' (I don't want to hurt you, but..)
[傷つけたくない でも]

''Jama wo shinaide!'' (Don't stay in my way!)
[ 邪魔をしないで ]

''Onegai, jama wo shinaide.'' (Please, don't stay in my way.)
[おねがい、 じゃま を しないで]

''Darenimo jama wo sasenai.'' (Nobody stands in my way.)
[誰にも邪魔はさせない]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Winning Quotes:
''Mou, ushinau mono wa nani mo nai no'' (I have nothing left to lose.)
[もう失うものは何もないの]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I'm wrong about any of this, do correct me, as I tried listening to the intro poses with Youtube subtitles, and I went on hearing what the characters both said and compared the text, while trying to correct any mistakes and to not make too literal meanings.

Last edited:

PrincessPeachfan2016

This is probably "wo" and not "wa". But it still works grammatically to mean the same thing.
Oh hey, looks like I got it mostly right.
Now, I decided to check some of Helena's DOA3 quotes:
Intro Quotes:
''Saikō no sutēji ni nari-sō ne'' (This is going to be the best stage for us.)
[最高のステージになりそうね]
''Kami no shukufuku no aran koto o'' (May god bless you.)
[神の祝福のあらんことを]
''Rekuiemu o purezento suru wa'' (The requiem approaches you.)
[レクイエムをプレゼントするわ]
''Ikimasu yo!'' (Here I come!)
[いきますよ]

''Makeru wake ni wa ikimasen'' (I cannot afford to lose.)
[負けるわけにはいきません]
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Win Quotes:
''Sonomama nete ite kudasai'' (Please, stay down.)
[そのまま寝ていてください]
''Jiyū no tame'' (I fight... for freedom.)
[自由のため]
''Jiyū wa kono-te de tsukami toru'' (I must achieve freedom by my own hand.)
[自由はこの手で掴み取る]
''Kami wa watashi to tomoni aru'' (God is by my side.)
[神は私と共にある]
''Oroka ne'' (Imbecile.)
[愚かね]
''Son'na udesho watashi wa taosenakutte yo'' (Precisely. You cannot defeat me.)
[そんなうでしょ私は倒せなくってよ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's about all I translated. I couldn't quite translate some of the lines, since the ''WINNER!'' sound effect nullified the text and sometimes the subtitles mistook some of the text for numbers, rendering them intranslatable, still I tried my best on doing this, maybe I'll do this for another character sometime.

Last edited:

PrincessPeachfan2016

I've been reading more, and felt like translating Leifang's DOA2 lines, so here we go:

Intro Quotes:
''Yoroshiku ne'' (Nice to meet you.)
[よろしくね]
''Kakugo wa ii'' (Are you ready for the worst?)
[覚悟はいい]
''Motto motto'' (More, more!)
[もっと もっと]

-----------------------------------------------------
Win Quotes:

''U ̄ n jōdeki'' (Hmm~ Nice work!)
[うーん上出来]
''Yoshi ī kanji'' (Yeah! I feel great!)
[よしいい感じ]
''Honkiga shi sugi chatta'' (Was I too much for you to handle?)
[ほんき が し すぎ ちゃった]
''Budōkai de o ai shimashou'' (I'll be seeing you in the ballroom.)
[舞踏会でお会いしましょう]
''Ojīchan murishinai de'' (Don't overdo it, gramps.)
[おじいちゃん無理しないで]

-----------------------------------------------
Lose Quotes:
''Uso, uso! Uso yo!'' (A lie! A lie! It has to be a lie!)
[うそ, うそ! うそ よ!]

Last edited:
There some Hitomi Playthrough With Japanese Translation. Who Knows language - You can translate ?

And There - Ultimate.

In Her Winner Pose With Punch (Only costume 3) She Say - Ichigeki Hissatsu ! - Japanese Karate term Which translates Kill By One Blow. One Of Fundamental Principles Of Japanese Karate. 一撃 必殺

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Alright, here's the translation of the DOA++ endings. Raidou's took forever, by the way. Like, WTF?

Kasumi
-#1 AWAKEN-
--Brother, I won...

(Electronic interference...)
(Computer nonsense...)
(Electronic interference...)

--I want to go home, brother...

--WHAT
IS
THIS
???

--Brother...

KA
SU
MI​

Ayane
-#2 BREAKDOWN-
A dense fog arrived seemingly out of nowhere, and the surroundings became unsettlingly dark.

--Hey! Can you hear me? What in the world is going on?
--I don't know! I can't confirm anything!
With a violent roar, a gust of wind raged through.
Soon, the fog was gone, and light returned to the room.

--Huh?​

The forms of the two people who were supposed to commence the violent battle weren't there.
...And without a sound, the room slowly began to collapse.

--Hey! What's wrong? Are you listening? Hey...

Jann Lee
-#3 DIARY-
Today, I went to see the DOA tournament with my family. There was a guy there that yelled things like "acho~", and I cheered him on with all I had. He was so cool until the very end. After the tournament was over, I went over to him and made him a promise. I'm going to be strong, too, just like him! I'll do my best!

End

Leifang
-#4 CONFESSION-
I don't know...what this is. I have this restless feeling. Could this be anxiety? Yes... Who am I...talking to? I know. No..., I don't. Meaningless rambling. It's hard to breathe. Well, then, I'll go on and say it.

H e l l o .

Tina
-#5 DREAM-
What is my dream?
I'm going to become Mom. It's because I feel sorry for Dad who's all alone.

My dream for the future?
I'm going to become strong. I have things I want to protect.

DREAM
Was that really my dream?

Even now, I'm getting so involved in dreams.

Bayman
-#6 REPORT-
DOATEC leader Fame Douglas deceased...

Cause of death unknown.
Possibility of assassination.
Confirmation is being rushed.

Replacement leader for DOATEC decision is predicted to be tomorrow.
Effects toward T-NET inevitable.

Avoid any confusion in information.

Hayabusa
-#7 MESSAGE-
--Welcome to DEAD OR ALIVE
Fame Douglas

--Come back soon. I'll be sure to watch over the house.​
--Irene...

--So, you're the successor of the Hayabusa ninja bloodline?​
--This, too, is fate...
--I didn't want to have to fight you like this.​

--It's over, Irene...
--Welcome back...​
--No. I still can't see the light...

Bass
-#8 DIALOGUE-
--I see. It went well, did it...?
--Yes.​
--In that case, the objective will soon be within reach... And the data?
--All data entry has been completed.​
--The dangerous sample... No. You know, I take it?
--The plan is already in motion.​
--Better than expected. Let's proceed to next phase... Seize the girl...

Zack
-#9 PROMISE-
1: Try your best not to tell any lies.
2: Don't pick up money.
3: Rhythm is important.
4: Want what you want.
5: Aim big!

Gen Fu
-#10 VOICE-
Can you hear me?
I can hear you.​
A faint voice.
Hey.​
I can hear you...
Grandpa...
It's okay now.​
Thank you, really.
Something's crying out...
Hey.​
I can hear you...​

Raidou
-#11 ENCOUNTER-
I can hear a faint voice from beyond the perpetual cycle...

The foreign entity who was unable to fuse with me violently resonated inside "that". "That" gave forth a scream from within the spiraling time-space of myself...

In the shadow that the scattering particles cast, the young girl's name rises to the surface. Time forms a ripple, and in that space, a distortion comes forth.

In the loop seemingly without end, the information made manifest within the rift stops the flow.

In the the white darkness, the growing chaos and the new will made contact.
Reading these, it seems like some Endings are going from like a 3rd person perspective of one of the DOATEC's experimentation lab workers. Bass's ending from what I can tell seems to be the most explicit of what likely happens like how they kidnapped and imprisoned Kasumi after she won the first DOA tournament and they cloned her.

From what I can tell, it seems like since Bass won, they now are gonna do that to him and they're likely gonna use Tina too

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD