World War 3: The war with Ukraine.

Seigen

Oh well, even if that’s the case. I think Russia should stay out of Ukraine. Russia is the agressor here and started to invade Ukraine. Not the other way around. Russia literally had no fucking business invading Ukraine, Putin threatening with nuclear weapons isn’t helping either.

You and Marussya like to paint Putin as a victim of some sort, but often victims aren’t the agressor. Putin is wrong for this, and he should be stopped, even if it results in his death. The United States isn’t completely innocent either, but Russia is the enemy here and I hope they learn their lesson with this war. They already lost the Cold War, and now they’re trying to start shit again.

What are you, 5 years old? The infantilism and geopolitical ineptitude of Westerners amazes me. Russia's the enemy? Who's enemy? If you want Russia to chill, the Muricans should fuck off from Ukraine, stay bussy invading some shitholes around the globe to bring them "democracy", trans rights and cretinoid pronouns lmao

marussya

Your attention will switch off as soon as Team Ninja will reveal new Dead or Alive (jk it will be another shitty souls/action game with no relation to DOA that you ll be admire lol).
And it doesn't influence on KT/TN because they think about profits, if you think that they will change their business plans because of situation you re wrong

Helonomi

Welcome to episode two of my podcast, Crystal Clear. I joke. Anyway, back to clarifying the comments in this thread. Today I will explore the meaning behind the last sentence of comment #13:

-What claims were made in this thread (at the time) that need sources?
Most of them. Sources are important for discussing a serious event like this because our opinions come from the media (pictures, video, articles, etc.) covering it as it unfolds. And if you want to meaningfully debate someone else's ideas, it helps to know what influenced them. So let's start with comment #1:
"... to see all the Ukrainian people run for their life and leave everything they got behind because they have to make the decision between staying alive, or staying at home and risk of getting bombed."
Please share these visuals. A video from two days ago briefly covering what the civilians were experiencing paints a less grim picture:

"Today I've seen a few videos of children being extremely being distressed and scared because there were bombings close to them."
Please share these videos. I would advise typing a brief trigger warning pertaining to the distressing nature of the content and then putting them in a spoiler.

"...the war in Ukraine since it affects all of us and is actually something important to talk about..."
An anecdote would be best for this claim since your experience will differ from anyone elses. Here's mine, the invasion of Ukraine has not become a news headline where I live. Country wide and local news channels gloss over it like any another international news story. Daily life since the situation broke has remained the same. To get a clearer understanding of the situation in your country, and you don't need to give away your location, could you please briefly describe how your daily life has changed since the invasion began?

Alright. I feel if thread/topic creator, @Onryoki, chooses to respond to these requests, we will be able to see what they personally saw circulating on the internet at the time. I want to relate to what they were feeling because the media I found is pretty mild in comparisson to what he said he saw.

Anyway, that is all I have time for today. It's pretty cool how the information we're able to find and access on the same situaion can differ. Next post will cover comment #2. Cheers! I'll probably see you tomorrow at some point, have a good day or night.

[Closing notes]
There are no closing notes this time.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
What are you, 5 years old? The infantilism and geopolitical ineptitude of Westerners amazes me. Russia's the enemy? Who's enemy? If you want Russia to chill, the Muricans should fuck off from Ukraine, stay bussy invading some shitholes around the globe to bring them "democracy", trans rights and cretinoid pronouns lmao
Well if they invade a country that isn’t theirs, doesn’t it make them the enemy of Ukraine? If someone comes into my garden breaking my shit and trying to take over my house I’d see them as my enemy too, it’s common sense. Russia started to attack and invade Ukraine, therefore they’re the enemy. It’s that simple. That the US and rest of the west wants to intervene is their business.

If you want to be very precise, everybody should fuck off don’t you think? Russia should keep their 3rd world dictatorship in their own country instead of forcing other countries to be part of their slave driven government.

You can laugh all you want about trans rights and stuff like that, but those people in the end matter too and deserve the same rights as everybody else. That you’re against diversity and mocking people the way they want to express themselves, is something you have to deal with. It really shouldn’t become anybody else’s issue.

Also, I’d rather be a 5 year old than a miserable little man like you that plays nothing but videogames all day.
Welcome to episode two of my podcast, Crystal Clear. I joke. Anyway, back to clarifying the comments in this thread. Today I will explore the meaning behind the last sentence of comment #13:

-What claims were made in this thread (at the time) that need sources?
Most of them. Sources are important for discussing a serious event like this because our opinions come from the media (pictures, video, articles, etc.) covering it as it unfolds. And if you want to meaningfully debate someone else's ideas, it helps to know what influenced them. So let's start with comment #1:
"... to see all the Ukrainian people run for their life and leave everything they got behind because they have to make the decision between staying alive, or staying at home and risk of getting bombed."
Please share these visuals. A video from two days ago briefly covering what the civilians were experiencing paints a less grim picture:

"Today I've seen a few videos of children being extremely being distressed and scared because there were bombings close to them."
Please share these videos. I would advise typing a brief trigger warning pertaining to the distressing nature of the content and then putting them in a spoiler.

"...the war in Ukraine since it affects all of us and is actually something important to talk about..."
An anecdote would be best for this claim since your experience will differ from anyone elses. Here's mine, the invasion of Ukraine has not become a news headline where I live. Country wide and local news channels gloss over it like any another international news story. Daily life since the situation broke has remained the same. To get a clearer understanding of the situation in your country, and you don't need to give away your location, could you please briefly describe how your daily life has changed since the invasion began?

Alright. I feel if thread/topic creator, @Onryoki, chooses to respond to these requests, we will be able to see what they personally saw circulating on the internet at the time. I want to relate to what they were feeling because the media I found is pretty mild in comparisson to what he said he saw.

Anyway, that is all I have time for today. It's pretty cool how the information we're able to find and access on the same situaion can differ. Next post will cover comment #2. Cheers! I'll probably see you tomorrow at some point, have a good day or night.

[Closing notes]
There are no closing notes this time.
1. You can look that shit up. Google is a useful tool you could use yourself.
2. This is my last response to you, since it’s clear you’re just in this thread for attention.
3. I don’t have to share my personal experiences, I decide what I want to say and what I don’t want to say.

Last edited:

marussya

I don't know how long you will be discussing it (hope not too much)
But Im sure you'll forget about it as soon as TN will reveal new project (probably March/April or E3) so you ll return to discussing games and devs, whether operation will end or not

Helonomi

The plan for this post was to explain why comment #2 needed sources, then I'd proceed to do the same for each subsequent comment down til #13. Yet anyone who reads comments #1 through #12 can see for themselves that there are no sources for any of the claims made about this Russia/Ukraine conflict. So I will focus on explaining why it is an issue instead.

Without sources, literally every reader has to take on the burden of proof, an obligation to proove one's assertations. But the readers did not make any assertations. And I do not say this to mean comments #1 through #12 of Onryoki, deathofaninja and marussya are false. There is just no way of knowing which part of their claims are facts, personal opinion or even personal opinion about facts.

An example, apparently when Russia first announced it was planning on invading Ukraine last month, this photo was making it's rounds on the internet:

Some people took what they saw at face value so much so it was fact-checked:

Anyway that's all the time I have for today. Next posts will be about addressing gaslighting and how to deal with it in a volatile thread like this. Specifically for members like myself who have new accounts but are not actually new to FreeStepDodge. Peace, see you again maybe tomorrow but definitely Friday.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't care what side people are on - it absolutely sucks to know that 16 (maybe even more) children have been killed in this fight.

"Russia lost 5,840 troops, 30 planes, 31 helicopters, 211 tanks, 355 cars, 60 fuel tanks, 85 artillery pieces, 862 armored personnel carriers, and 9 anti-aircraft warfare among others as of March 2."

This report on Russia's losses is the news we are given by Kyiv Independent.

Businesses are boycotting Kremlin such as Disney and Sony.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
That's a lot of assets to lose only 6 days into a war, when you're supposed to have overwhelming force on your side. I only ever got to fire a Javelin once, and let me tell you.... those things are carrying hard right now. Especially with the glass jaw that is the Russian tank's turret.

Helonomi

Hey there folks. Found an article highlighting some issues with the way Western media is covering the R/U war:

The more you know, right? Anyway, I'll begin my breakdown of gaslighting on Friday. I'm reading an article about how the war has affected surrogates in Ukraine right now, so I'll probably post that tomorrow. Bye for now.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
When it comes to wars, we tend to side and form a bias with whoever we relate to the best. The media knows this. In the west, we are going to feel a bias towards freedom seeking, democratic countries with similar values. And we are going to demonize regimes that are more autocratic.

That all said, there is enough common sense to look at the Iraq conflict and say, sooner or later it had to happen. Ideally, it should have happened during Desert Storm but Bush senior didn't think he could hold the coalition together long enough to take Saddam out. Saddam and his sons were some truly evil bastards that needed to be removed from the world stage, and I'm sure that point was drilled into George W pretty hard over the years. It just so happens our justification for going in, whether our intelligence really believed it or not, was actual bullshit. And what happened afterwards was utterly inexcusable.

So a desire to do good, turned bad, and the only thing we can do is reflect on that and try to make better choices in the future. With the middle east, it's nearly impossible because the values they hold are simply too different from ours for any kind of intervention to have a positive lasting effect. That has been the lesson learned with both Iraq and Afghanistan.

With Ukraine, it's different. We hold similar values to Ukraine, and Putin does not. He doesn't like that, and in his essay he wrote as much. Their state media spins things and makes fabrications to fit his view of that country, while our media reports what it believes to be true and sometimes glosses over other uncomfortable facts. The thing making our media more reliable is that they aren't all a part of one state media controlled network, and when you change to a different source, you're going to find different information. Russia state media, on the other hand, will just outright make things up in accordance to whatever fits Putin's narrative. Calling the Ukrainians neo-nazi's is probably the biggest hot take I've heard in a decade, and there is absolutely zero logic to back that up. The president is a Jew for crying out loud.

Another difference between how we would handle things, would be Cuba. During the Cuban missile crisis, going in and forcibly invading Cuba to remove the threat was certainly a possibility and it was discussed. But we did not do that. We resolved the issue peacefully. And to this day, Cuba sits there with a somewhat-hostile posture to us, right off the coast of Florida. But no missiles are pointing in our direction. That's diplomacy. What Russia had done to Ukraine was a decision made without a problem ever being presented to them in the first place. They claim one thing, but if missiles were truly their concern they had the ability to discuss an arrangement to avoid that, same as we managed with Cuba. Putin chose violence instead, because NATO was always just an excuse for him to build his empire.

Last edited:

Anura

Imperialism is wrong, but I won't write an essay here to back up that claim. Still, I hope most will agree that starting a war over geopolitics is a reproachable act, no matter who the aggressor is.

Hey there folks. Found an article highlighting some issues with the way Western media is covering the R/U war:
On Sunday, Al Jazeera English presenter Peter Dobbie described Ukrainians fleeing the war as “prosperous, middle class people” who “are not obviously refugees trying to get away from areas in the Middle East that are still in a big state of war; these are not people trying to get away from areas in North Africa, they look like any European family that you would live next door to.”

The media network later issued an apology, saying the comments “were inappropriate, insensitive, and irresponsible”.

“Al Jazeera English is committed to impartiality, diversity and professionalism in all its work. This breach of that professionalism will be dealt with through disciplinary measures,” it said in a statement.

lmao

image.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad Al Jazeera English exists since they complement western media coverage. Still, I can't help being cynical about that last part.

Calling the Ukrainians neo-nazi's is probably the biggest hot take I've heard in a decade, and there is absolutely zero logic to back that up. The president is a Jew for crying out loud.

Whenever there is civil unrest there is the potential for well-organized assholes to gain influence. Ukrainian ultranationalists came into prominence during the Euromaidan protests, now they are being exploited by Russian propaganda.

As Ukraine’s struggle against Russia and its proxies continues, Kiev must also contend with a growing problem behind the front lines: far-right vigilantes who are willing to use intimidation and even violence to advance their agendas, and who often do so with the tacit approval of law enforcement agencies.

Andriy Yermolayev, the head of the New Ukraine independent thinktank, said the government in the past had turned a blind eye to the rise of nationalist groups, using them as a scare tactic. He added that now the ultra-right has turned on the authorities.

“The well-organized and aggressive nationalism in Ukraine is a child of the government,” Yermolayev said. “The government has lost control over radical nationalists. Poroshenko has lost that game.”
The country’s ultranationalist groups came to the fore in 2014, when they spearheaded massive street protests that led to the ouster of Russia-friendly President Viktor Yanukovych. Russia responded by annexing Ukraine’s Crimean Peninsula and backing separatists in the east, moves that drew Western sanctions. Thousands of Ukrainian nationalists then headed to the east, forming volunteer battalions that served as a vanguard for the Ukrainian forces in the rebel regions.

Since then, the influence of nationalist groups has steadily grown, driven by public dismay over the country’s economic woes and rampant corruption. Mostly teenage members of the ultra-right groups have followed the guidance of war veterans, practicing martial arts and learning how to handle weapons. The number of ultra-nationalists is estimated at about 10,000, and they can quickly take thousands to the streets and resort to violence.

“They have undergone organizational, military and ideological training,” Yermolayev said. “They are strongly motivated and active.”

Seigen

Another difference between how we would handle things, would be Cuba. During the Cuban missile crisis, going in and forcibly invading Cuba to remove the threat was certainly a possibility and it was discussed. But we did not do that. We resolved the issue peacefully. And to this day, Cuba sits there with a somewhat-hostile posture to us, right off the coast of Florida. But no missiles are pointing in our direction. That's diplomacy. What Russia had done to Ukraine was a decision made without a problem ever being presented to them in the first place. They claim one thing, but if missiles were truly their concern they had the ability to discuss an arrangement to avoid that, same as we managed with Cuba. Putin chose violence instead, because NATO was always just an excuse for him to build his empire.

You are ill informed. Russia has continually seeked a diplomatic agreement after the fall of the Soviet Union through which NATO (meaning the US, cause let's be honest, NATO is the US) would commit to no further expansion towards Russia's borders, an agreement that the US perpetually refused to have, giving Russia the middle finger every time it raised the issue; after several NATO exapansion waves, culminating with the Bucharest NATO summit in 2008 in which it was established that Ukraine and Georgia have a perspective of becoming full NATO members, Russia stated that it will not allow these countries to become part of a military alliance that targets it and if a diplomatic solution will not be reached, which would guarantee the halt of NATO's expansion and Ukraine's military neutrality, it will have to take whatever measures it deems necesary to protect its interests and security. Putin stated many times that Ukraine is a red line for Russia regarding NATO's expansion.

Of course the US continued to act completely autistic to Russia's diplomatic demands and not only that, it started supporting anti Russian far right nationalists in Ukraine with the color revolutions, antagonizing Russia even more. When these came to power Russia decided to take back Crimea from Ukraine (which was part of the Russian empire from the 18th century, with majority Russian population and which was gifted by Khrushchev to Ukraine in 1954, for better administration within the Soviet Union), as it wouldn't risk it to become a US military base.

The US and Ukraine could have reached a diplomatic agreement with Russia till the very last moment but they decided to piss on Russia's demands.

I suggest you listen more to what Putin and Lavrov had to say over the years on this issue; contrary to Western propaganda, Putin is not crazy and he's not dumb. And the fact that the regime in Russia is semi-autocratic is completely irrelevant to the issue. The US needs to understand that it can't do whatever it wants without Russia reacting however it sees fit, that Russia is not Libya or Irak.

This whore Zelenskyy keeps telling Ukrainians to keep fighting and destroy the country while his ass sits safely in a secret bunker, bitch, why don't YOU personally go and fight the Russians? Ah, you hide like a little bitch while inciting the stupid Ukrainians to fight. And for what? What does Ukraine have to gain by fighting the Russians? Will this bring Ukraine into NATO and EU? You have to be a complete moron to believe they would ever allow Ukraine to join and risk a nuclear war with Russia for its sake. Zelenskyy is just a US puppet that uses Ukrainians to fight and die stupidly in a proxy war against Russia. God, Ukrainians are stupid.

And make no mistake, I see all these media reports on how good the Ukrainians are fighting the Russians and the Russians are having a difficult time gaining control. The only reason this is happening is because Russia is showing restrain in their approach because if they would have decided to go all in they would have flatened Ukraine in 2 days.

Nobody said the Ukrainians have to love Russia, but when you border a military behemoth like Russia you have to at least try and have good diplomatic relations with it, irrespective of the feelings you may have for it.

I posted this video on the previous page but I see YT censorship deleted it; here is the same one within a reaction video, this is what Putin was saying in December at an end of the year press meeting, I suggest you watch it if you haven't already.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm not ill-informed in the slightest. Nothing you have said is new information, and it goes right back to what I said about the Cuban Missile Crisis.

To make things clear -- Russia DOES NOT DESERVE a sphere of influence, or a buffer zone. It is not Russia's god given right to use their neighbors as shields. The USA does not do this, Russia does not get to do this either. They can buck up and defend themselves like the rest of the world does.

Or better yet, get actual allies that like you for reasons other than the bullshit threats they constantly levy at Ukraine, Finland, Sweden, etc.

Last edited:

Seigen

I'm not ill-informed in the slightest. Nothing you have said is new information, and it goes right back to what I said about the Cuban Missile Crisis.

To make things clear -- Russia DOES NOT DESERVE a sphere of influence, or a buffer zone. It is not Russia's god given right to use their neighbors as shields. The USA does not do this, Russia does not get to do this either. They can buck up and defend themselves like the rest of the world does.

Typical US arrogance lol.

Have you read what I wrote?

You said:

We resolved the issue peacefully. And to this day, Cuba sits there with a somewhat-hostile posture to us, right off the coast of Florida. But no missiles are pointing in our direction. That's diplomacy. What Russia had done to Ukraine was a decision made without a problem ever being presented to them in the first place. They claim one thing, but if missiles were truly their concern they had the ability to discuss an arrangement to avoid that, same as we managed with Cuba.

Implying that Russia hasn't seeked a diplomatic solution and it suddenly woked up this year in a bad mood deciding to fuck Ukraine up for no reason. A diplomatic solution can be reached when both parties are willing to listen to eachother in good faith. Which the US and Ukraine refused to do. In Cuba's case the USSR was mature enough to come to a diplomatic agreement; if this wouldn't had happened Cuba would be a US state right now. I swear US hypocrisy is nauseating.

And to make things more clear, the US does not decide what Russia deserves or does not deserve, what it can have or cannot have, Russia sets its own terms, you can agree with them or or not, and suffer the consequences. In this case the US doesn't suffer anything because it just used the stupid Ukrainians to poke the Russians luring them in a conflict with no benefit for them.

For the record, I may come as supporting the Russian attack on Ukraine, I do not; but just as the US had the right, through its military might, to fuck the ME up following its interests, coming up with all kinds of BS justifications, so does Russia, irresepective of how fair or unfair you think it is.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Book of Boba Fett was pretty good. Has its detractors, I know, but I enjoyed it. Minus the annoying biker gang.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD