"You'll enjoy this, trust me. Ready?" The Sarah Video Thread

Bacaww

@Lulu & @Bacaww: All great information to keep in the back pocket! I think the only way to test my knowledge, aside from going through the numbers in Free Training, is to take it to the online world. Hope I can at least put up a fight!

I'll be checking back in here. May need to seek some more guidance from you guys! ;)
Well if youre looking for fights you can add me: Rudio1337, I'm not that active anymore but feel free to invite me whenever ya see me

yohmok

@Bacaww: Thank you! I'll add you for sure, but don't expect anything great since I'm still just a newbie. Maybe you could give me a few pointers on what to work on! :)

yohmok

Thanks, @DestructionBomb! Combo videos are such a feat to watch and I would've never imagined Sarah could do so many juggles... :)

Out of curiosity (again), how viable are those combos in a live match? I highly doubt I'd able to pull anything off like that, especially that "exploding floor" stage combo in the first video. :confused:

Lulu

Out of curiosity (again), how viable are those combos in a live match ?

I think because of how lenient DoA is even the most optimum combos are practical... unless you're part of the offline scene, having to play on different setups with different delays and even different Controllers then you may have to switch to more Reliable Combos.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Thanks, @DestructionBomb! Combo videos are such a feat to watch and I would've never imagined Sarah could do so many juggles... :)

Out of curiosity (again), how viable are those combos in a live match? I highly doubt I'd able to pull anything off like that, especially that "exploding floor" stage combo in the first video. :confused:

I find the ones that are consistent on maximizing damage and knockback to be very important and reliable. Interesting enough here, is that some people go with a general swap of combos during stun (which is normal, I do it too), but quite a few of them do those combos without being aware of the surroundings on which one is priority over the other. Sometimes you could end up wallsplatting someone doing a move with a bigger knockback without realizing it touched the wall to combo into, but then miss out on combos because the reach was a bit too far to continue on.

Example here is Leon. In closed areas/environment with breakables Leon becomes one of the most dangerous characters in the game because his air throws retracks to the nearest breakable or environmental situation including walls. It's why whenever someone mentions Leon with Home stage on many posts in the past, it's because he can deal roughly 70-80% of damage in stages like that from a -one guess- situation that's not even on counter hit (if we had to be honest, he really just needs one hit for a launch) and then poof, almost all your health is gone in under 8 seconds. This is extremely dangerous if he gets into your head and he can win the game without you even realizing it, however those same combos wouldn't work on a massive stage because either there are no breakables to do it on or the walls are too far away. When it comes to DOA, I find not only maximizing damage on juggles to be important depending on weight classes, but also which ones put good priority on the stage you are doing combos on. DOA's main factor of the series are the stages and the situations they bring. Combos are just the output factor on how you are dealing damage to your opponent.

Here's another good example using Akira. His Parry.

:9:/:3::h: :P: > :2::1::4::P: > :P: > :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: = 70+ damage
:9:/:3::[H]: :P: > :H*+K: > :P: > :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K: = 70+ damage

They are both the same damage on ender, however the one with the knee has more pushback and more reliable on stages that are more closed in because you have a higher chance to hit a wall for more damage when it splats. Compared to the other one where it's more general, easier to do, and can easily toss in another jab if you do it right next to a wall. Both has their usage despite being the same damage on output. So for Sarah, you generally want ones that are reliable in every situation and does the most damage that you feel (generally speaking), and he posted great combo videos showing them.

Last edited:

yohmok

Thanks once again, @Lulu and @DestructionBomb!

Always insightful information. I'll try to focus on the "most damaging" combos when the opportunity arises and keep in mind the surroundings to maximize wall splatting combos. ;)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD