Your DOA Collections!

Moneyspider_Todd

I would like to ask: how many official versions of Dead Or Alive 4 were released? There was any kind of "special edition" to look for?
One of my goals this year is getting PAL and NTSC-J copies of DOA4, as i already own two copies the local NTSC-U standard version (with the "subititules en español" info circle on the front) and a copy of the Platinum Hits version.

Attachments

• 0o9Q8xgz.jpg large.jpg
    0o9Q8xgz.jpg large.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

P2p1mbs

My sister came back from US and got me these :D:
20220129_101440 min.jpg

Also found this (the demo disc that got me into DOA):
20220129_101818 min.jpg

All my (physical) games so far:
Collection 1-29-2022 min.jpg

Not pictured: My digital versions of DOA1 on my PSVita, 1 Ultimate, 2 Ultimate, 3, 4, 5 Last Round on my Series S and 6 on my PS4

DyByHands

I would like to ask: how many official versions of Dead Or Alive were released? There was any kind of "special edition" to look for?
One of my goals this year is getting PAL and NTSC-J copies of DOA4, as i already own two copies the local NTSC-U standard version (with the "subititules en español" info circle on the front) and a copy of the Platinum Hits version.

Are you asking about DOA part 1 versions? Or just versions of DOA in general?
I know there are special editions of doa 2 and multiple for the different releases of 5. And I know doa 2 (ps2) and 4 had special slip covers for certain releases and 6 had a steelbook case.
most everything you will find scrolling through this thread.

Moneyspider_Todd

Are you asking about DOA part 1 versions? Or just versions of DOA in general?
I know there are special editions of doa 2 and multiple for the different releases of 5. And I know doa 2 (ps2) and 4 had special slip covers for certain releases and 6 had a steelbook case.
most everything you will find scrolling through this thread.
thanks for your answer. Sadly, i forgot to add the "4" when i was asking for how many versions of Dead Or Alive 4 are avaliable.

game01er

Today I managed to collect all six different Lenticular cards for "Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball". It took a lot of time and money because I'm in Germany and the cards were intended for the US market.

Attachments

• Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #1.jpg
    Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #1.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #2.jpg
    Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #2.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #3.jpg
    Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #3.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 118
  • Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #4.jpg
    Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #4.jpg
    388.1 KB · Views: 120
  • Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #5.jpg
    Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #5.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #6.jpg
    Lenticular Card 3D Dead or Alive XBV [Xbox] NTSC-U Theme #6.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

game01er

I would like to ask: how many official versions of Dead Or Alive 4 were released? There was any kind of "special edition" to look for?
I think you should definitely have the promo version (with the yellow bar) plus the PAL, NTSC-U, NTSC-J version. And apparently there was the NTSC-U version with two different covers, one just Kokoro and the second has the whole troupe like the PAL Version on the cover. But that's not certain, maybe they just showed the instructions. And don't forget the Collector's Edition slipcover for the Japanese NTSC-J version! I just scanned the promo version and the slipcover in a hurry, if you're interested I'll have to look for the others.
I have two of the NTSC-J Collectors Edition slipcases, so I'm selling one.

Attachments

• Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] PAL Promo 50.jpg
    Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] PAL Promo 50.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 116
  • Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] PAL 50.jpg
    Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] PAL 50.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] NTSC-J 50.jpg
    Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] NTSC-J 50.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] NTSC-J Slipcover 50 01.jpg
    Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] NTSC-J Slipcover 50 01.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] NTSC-J Slipcover 50 02.jpg
    Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] NTSC-J Slipcover 50 02.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] NTSC-U 50.jpg
    Dead or Alive 4 [Xbox360] NTSC-U 50.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

P2p1mbs

And don't forget the Collector's Edition slipcover for the Japanese NTSC-J version! I just scanned the promo version and the slipcover in a hurry, if you're interested I'll have to look for the others.
I have two of the NTSC-J Collectors Edition slipcases, so I'm selling one.

My version of DOA4 had the slip cover but I tore it up in anger from repeated losses to Alpha-152 when I was trying to unlock all characters :oops:. I was so angry I even went and smashed my pirated copy of DOA2 ultimate as well :mad:.

game01er

And also new in my Collection: Lifesize Mashimo Cushions from "Dead or Alive Xtreme 3" Hitomi and Honoka. In the pictures still in vacuum-compressed condition.

Attachments

• 2C012C29-1417-47F8-B42F-D15B55FFD642.jpeg
    2C012C29-1417-47F8-B42F-D15B55FFD642.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 122
  • C5BE49D7-37A0-420A-81E0-125982504A7D.jpeg
    C5BE49D7-37A0-420A-81E0-125982504A7D.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 720BCE6E-F708-411F-A52F-1FD74F8E8406.jpeg
    720BCE6E-F708-411F-A52F-1FD74F8E8406.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 3A90985B-E853-4E9F-8E31-79B38AF0D7F7.jpeg
    3A90985B-E853-4E9F-8E31-79B38AF0D7F7.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 131

game01er

Today I show you my collection of "Dead or Alive 3" Demo/ Booster Discs from Official Xbox Magazine [US] and another Demo Disc of "Dead or Alive Ultimate".
TECMO ANNOUNCES REVOLUTIONARY DEAD OR ALIVE 3™ BOOSTER DISC™
Official Xbox Magazine DVD provides bonus extras for U.S. fans of Dead or Alive 3™ at no extra cost.

TORRANCE, Calif., March 8, 2002 - Tecmo, Inc. announced today that it will be releasing a Booster Disc™ for the game Dead or Alive 3™, available only on the Xbox™ video game system from Microsoft. A revolutionary, first-of-its-kind idea, the Booster Disc will be included free of charge on the demo disc for the June issue of the Official Xbox Magazine and will feature a new movie and costumes for the DOA3 fighters. The June issue of the Official Xbox Magazine has a street date of May 7. Players will need a full version of Dead or Alive 3 to see the new material. For those who don't yet own Dead or Alive 3, the demo disc will also include a new playable demo to sample what the game has to offer.

"The Booster Disc is my way of personally thanking gamers for supporting Dead or Alive 3," said Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of the Dead or Alive series. "We developed Dead or Alive 3 first and foremost for the U.S. market. When we created this bonus material for the Japanese and European versions of DOA3, we didn't want American gamers to feel left out. That's why we're offering these extras free of charge. It's a win-win situation for everybody. Of course, the only system on which this is possible is Xbox, thanks to the built-in hard drive."

"Tecmo has always focused on advancing new technology and maintaining excellent relations with our consumers," said John Inada, Marketing Director, Tecmo Inc. "This is the perfect match between those two ideas. We're trying something that's never been done in the industry before, and the reason we're doing it is to give back to the consumer, who is our #1 priority."

The idea of giving gamers more value for their money, by taking full advantage of the Xbox hard drive, is a surprising innovation for consoles. Microsoft was very excited about the potential for the hard drive to revolutionize gaming. "This is a unique and revolutionary idea to offer bonus material for a game post-launch free of charge," said J. Allard, General Manager, Xbox Platform. "Xbox is the only system on which this is possible out of the box. We are proud of the pioneering spirit of third party developers such as Tecmo who push the envelope of technology while showcasing the full power of Xbox, the most powerful video game system on the market."

Dead or Alive 3™ is the third installment in Tecmo's popular fighting game series. The suggested retail price is $49.99, and the ESRB rating is Teen. Gamers can order Dead or Alive 3 at Tecmo's website (http://www.tecmoinc.com). For additional information about the game, visit the official Dead or Alive 3 website (http://www.deadoralive3game.com), which offers wallpaper, screenshots, and a movie of action-packed fighting footage.

About Tecmo, Inc. Tecmo, Inc. (http://www.tecmoinc.com/) is well known for its hit series Dead or Alive™. The most recent version, Dead or Alive 3 is available on Xbox. Other notable classics include the million-selling series Ninja Gaiden® and Tecmo Bowl Tecmo also publishes the hit series Monster Rancher® and Gallop Racer®.

About Xbox Xbox () is Microsoft's future-generation video game system that delivers the most powerful games experiences ever. Xbox empowers game artists by giving them the technology to fulfill their creative visions as never before, creating games that blur the lines between fantasy and reality. Xbox is now available in North America and Japan, and will ship in Europe and Australia on March 14, 2002. *Reseller prices may vary. Xbox is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.

George Ngo
Tecmo, Inc.
(310) 944-5005 x105
gngo@tecmoinc.com
Melody Pfeiffer
Tecmo, Inc.
(310) 944-5005 Ext. 114
mpfeiffer@tecmoinc.com

Attachments

• Dead or Alive 3 Demo & Booster Disc.jpg
    Dead or Alive 3 Demo & Booster Disc.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

game01er

Today I show you my collection of Promo/ Demo DVD for Japan only „Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate“ [PS3, Xbox360], „Dead or Alive 6“ [PS4], „Dead or Alive Xtreme 2“ [Xbox360], „Dead or Alive Dimensions“ [Nintendo 3DS], „Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune & Venus“ [PS4, PSVita].

Attachments

• Promo DVD Dead or Alive.jpg
    Promo DVD Dead or Alive.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 136

TheIndustrialCowboy

NiCO Evangelist
Premium Donor
I love that statue. A lot of people have a problem with NiCO, but I thought she was a great addition to DOA6. Her move set is a lot of fun.
I identify with the character of NiCO in many ways. Its almost like Team Ninja transposed my own mannerisms and fashion choices (thin neckties, blazers, boots, long overcoats, etc.) onto a cute anime girl with a brilliant mind (and killer moves as well lol). I find her backstory of losing her father to be particularly heartbreaking as well, given the close relationship I've shared with my own father since my parents separated.

Apologies if things took a rather dour turn at the end of my post here lol. I just thought I'd take the opportunity to share what NiCO means to me

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD