Zack in DOA 5

Lobo

Has he always been able to go into duck after his 2P?

That looked like some serious pressure just off a simple 2P.

Verify

I don't think 2p duck will be very useful, he transitions pretty slow.

But 4k is now -1 on block so he can go into duck after and press p+K new high launcher and it'll CH anything except high crushes. If blocked tho its -13. So he has a legit mix up after a blocked 4k with duck p+K and p. After blocked 4k duck p will beat 12 frame lows and crush highs, but lose to 11 and 12 frame mids.

MasterHavik

what makes him bad though? We got two cbs and sit down stuns for days...I mean yeah losing 6pk unholdable and followups after 6H+P are something to care about it, but it doesn't make him crap tier.

Verify

His only usable sit down stun is off back turned 4k, air walk is the only other one. He's also lost some juggle ability and damage. I don't think he's terrible, but he just wasn't given anything to take advantage of the new systems other than 2CBs. I feel like most characters will have better options.

MasterHavik

I feel we need to see what Dogg said about him. You got the guide? I wanna compare. Even though he may have lost some damage. Maybe TN made this guy more mix up, since his character and persona is that his fighting style is unpredictable. I think Zack has legit 50/50 and we will get mix up for days. We'll playing a more ground base game here that's all. Besides...that day 1 patch might make him better. I will say Zack did get a little weaker from your words, but his core got better. I'll find out tomorrow for myself.

Verify

Only you can decide if a character is right for you. I'm gonna keep playing Zack no matter what but if I don't like him competitively then I'll be playing other characters as well.

MasterHavik

Dude Zack is the only DOA character I know how to play at a high level. I knew how to use other characters, but never really got anywhere with them. So Zack has been the only character I have known for years. I never seen you play other characters in tournaments before man. I hope it doesn't come to that. Heck, I'm thinking of picking Alpha because she is ass and I love to make low tiers look good.

Verify

Well I haven't given up on him just my preliminary thinking is other characters will make better use of the system. For now I'll just keep posting everything I find. And he doesn't get absolutely nothing for a 6throw he gets pp for an extra 21 damage.

Verify

Thanks for the tip on p+K it doesn't quite build max but it builds it 1 hit away which is better than all his other attacks including CBs.

Verify

Ya it sidestepped but if use the designed attacks out of it you'll get tracked and it has bad recovery but I guess it can get used. I think you're better off just doing sidestep p after if u wanna step.

MasterHavik

yeah. just got the game and just as i thought. He's more mix up. He lost a lot of stuns and we have to come up with new combos as a whole.

RhythmikDesigns

Ya it sidestepped but if use the designed attacks out of it you'll get tracked and it has bad recovery but I guess it can get used. I think you're better off just doing sidestep p after if u wanna step.

Sidestepping again after the spin looks to be hella evasive, and doing it twice after the spin will put you behind your opponent

Verify

4f+K and the pp6pk version also cause sit down stun on NH. The string version may be useful cause its safe now and you may catch people trying to crouch/counter the sweep ender

RhythmikDesigns

I hope there's nothing crazy going on with this training mode, because if not, I think I've found a way to get Zack to CB in 3 hits.

1. I'm assuming this is because Zack has to play the stun game, and also the move can be countered mid not matter if its a punch counter or kick counter. Also you have to bait the counter for it to work but,

DUK P -> bait the counter -> P+K

from there you use either CB. Could the P+K catching the counter in recovery be causing some type of revision on the critical damage?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD