Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Let's cool things off with some casual costume conversation #Yolo
005.jpg

Check out dat Pai sporting some new threads~ as well as a new hair do! muy bueno

Raansu

So much wrong in this part...

On Force Techs though..there doesn't seem to be any legitimate reason for them beyond "Keep the combo going", which shouldn't be enough of a reason to be able to kick people from the ground back to a standing position without any input on their part. You knocked them down, combo should end then. It's literally a mechanic to encourage KICKING PEOPLE WHILE THEY ARE DOWN. Think about it, how screwed up is THAT? Force teching is essentially the very definition of poor sportsmanship.

Wouldn't be surprised if they took the next step and made it so you could force tech people straight into a juggle. Let's go the whole distance and make the game take no effort at all! Force tech to knocked down opponent resulting in immediate air juggle leading to 60% life loss!

I'll never understand why people want things to be so easy...

So yeah, I don't like force techs, think they should be removed almost entirely. That is my opinion on the matter. Carry on.

Holy crap, you are like the literal definition of what a scrub is. If you don't like being force tech'd then do this magical thing called tech rolling. Stop sitting there trying to get a wake up kick giving them free damage and fucking tech roll.

You must be one hardcore button masher.

ScattereDreams

You guys said Health was increased back to 300 and holds do more damage in ultimate? But doesn't that cancel out since health was increased, unless the damage that holds do now is way higher than it was in DOA5 vanilla when health was originally 300?

David Gregg

You guys said Health was increased back to 300 and holds now do more damage? But doesn't that cancel out since health was increased unless the damage that holds do now is way higher than it was in DOA5 vanilla when the health was already originally 300?

That's why I'm confused and why I asked about the critical threshold. What exactly changes if they up the damage on everything? :confused:

Holds do NOT need to have higher damage though I hope they realize that.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I suppose if your play-style revolves around only holding people since everything else seems to be getting damage nerfs...

ScattereDreams

So it sounds like TN is butchering the game because they're taking feedback from Japanese players, which I don't understand because I thought DOA was more competitive in the states?

synce

So it sounds like TN is butchering the game because they're taking feedback from Japanese players, which I don't understand because I thought DOA was more competitive in the states?

If they were taking feedback from Japanese players 5U will have a ton of guaranteed combos because that was the #1 most requested thing in 5U from a Japanese fan survey sent to TN. We'll see if they at least deliver on that, because matches are definitely longer now and the ground game may have been completely overhauled. Anyone remember the force tech glitch in 1.03? Maybe wasn't a glitch but a work in progress

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
You guys said Health was increased back to 300 and holds do more damage in ultimate? But doesn't that cancel out since health was increased, unless the damage that holds do now is way higher than it was in DOA5 vanilla when health was originally 300?

No because attacks are about the same damage according to most reports and the threshold is the same. Meaning more time playing the critical threshold game.

HoodsXx

Ever heard of DOA4? I'm pretty sure even if health in DOA4 was 300 hp. The amount of dmg holds did in that game was still ridiculously stupid. So... Depends, but I doubt it'll "balance" it out.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ever heard of DOA4? I'm pretty sure even if health in DOA4 was 300 hp. The amount of dmg holds did in that game was still ridiculously stupid. So... Depends, but I doubt it'll "balance" it out.

DOA4 used 240 hp.

David Gregg

If they were taking feedback from Japanese players 5U will have a ton of guaranteed combos because that was the #1 most requested thing in 5U from a Japanese fan survey sent to TN. We'll see if they at least deliver on that, because matches are definitely longer now and the ground game may have been completely overhauled. Anyone remember the force tech glitch in 1.03? Maybe wasn't a glitch but a work in progress

See now that actually makes sense! (I want DOA to be more combo based anyway). Hopefully that's the case though. If not and they still made those other changes...

ShitHitsFanMediumT.png

So much wrong in this part...

On Force Techs though..there doesn't seem to be any legitimate reason for them beyond "Keep the combo going", which shouldn't be enough of a reason to be able to kick people from the ground back to a standing position without any input on their part. You knocked them down, combo should end then. It's literally a mechanic to encourage KICKING PEOPLE WHILE THEY ARE DOWN. Think about it, how screwed up is THAT? Force teching is essentially the very definition of poor sportsmanship.

Wouldn't be surprised if they took the next step and made it so you could force tech people straight into a juggle. Let's go the whole distance and make the game take no effort at all! Force tech to knocked down opponent resulting in immediate air juggle leading to 60% life loss!

I'll never understand why people want things to be so easy...

So yeah, I don't like force techs, think they should be removed almost entirely. That is my opinion on the matter. Carry on.
SilverKhaos, is that you?

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
If they were taking feedback from Japanese players 5U will have a ton of guaranteed combos
Not sure where you got that impression. Team Ninja said directly to the face of people on this forum that Japanese players prefer the DOA4 style gameplay.

synce

See now that actually makes sense! (I want DOA to be more combo based anyway). Hopefully that's the case though. If not and they still made those other changes...

It's tough to tell... I have a list of all nerfs/buffs so far and the ratio is like 9:1 lol But I really want to believe it's because people are playing DOA5 instead of 5U. If TN implemented proper bound then we might have longer, Tekken style juggles and the lifebar increase might make more sense. I wish TN would release a combo video

David Gregg

Not sure where you got that impression. Team Ninja said directly to the face of people on this forum that Japanese players prefer the DOA4 style gameplay.

Why would anyone prefer 4? They better keep the timing window for holds tiny as hell then b/c I don't want to relive the nightmare that was DOA 4. :(

synce

lol For the thousandth time, it's not a regional thing. Read a few posts up... anyway here is the survey I talked about

http://doa.gg-blog.com/Entry/661/

If you want to see why DOA will always be a joke, go to twitter. Almost nobody is talking about gameplay, most DOA fans care more about the costumes (on twitter anyway). And before that, people wouldn't shut up about Rachel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD