DOA5U Bugs

werewolfgold

Something I've noticed for Command Training. After you've completed it with a character. The number doesn't reset and it doesn't give you any audio cues anymore to signify you've done the move correctly. It still cycles through the moves as you do them, however.

I still think this needs to be fixed as it can be kind of jarring.

Brute

Standard Donor
Something I've noticed for Command Training. After you've completed it with a character. The number doesn't reset and it doesn't give you any audio cues anymore to signify you've done the move correctly. It still cycles through the moves as you do them, however.

I still think this needs to be fixed as it can be kind of jarring.
I think that funky system is actually intentional.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Might also be something with importing save data as you get a title from it. I got an alert when I finished Leon's but not one for Ein (pretty sure intentional).

BTW PS3.

Cla

Standard Donor
Buffering tags needs to be fixed. Let's say you want to launch with Momiji's 236P and then tag switch, the game thinks you want to do a Snapback (236Tag) because you recently pressed 236, despite the fact that the 236 was actually already used for Momiji's 236P. You can still do a regular tag, but you have to delay pressing Tag by quite a bit. Too easy to accidentally press Tag too early in the heat of battle though. Definitely needs to be fixed. This happens if you attempt to buffer a tag after any attack with a 214 or 236 command. (214 makes you do Tag Burst, of course) Problably would also happen for 41236 or 63214 attacks too.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Trophy descriptions (PS3) are wrong for Arcade (Tag), Time Attack (Tag), and Survival (Tag) Cleared. They say you have to clear all courses but you only need to clear one course to get them.

Leifang2000

Sept 9, System voice and match opening voice disappear
For some reason, when set to own character voice, the system voice and match opening voice of both characters disappeared after several online matches. Voice can only reappear after resetting the system voice to some definite characters 2 or 3 times. I am already playing the patched 1.01 of the game.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Not really bug, but something Team Ninja probably didn't think through:
Now, that they changed the tag throws from a simple throw to forward, forward, throw, the AI hardly ever uses tag throws in Spectator Mode. That really sucks, because I loved watching tag matches there... :(

Musourenka

I'm sorry, did I say Ninjutsu? I mean Ninjutu. Lrn 2 Romanize, TN. Cause I'm pretty sure Ninjutu was in vanilla as well across the board.

Yeah, it was there in Vanilla (same for Kasumi and Ayane). Additionally, Kokoro and Akira are still proficient in "BR JR QUAN".

Chapstick

This weird thing happened a few days ago. I was online and during a fight with Codemaster's Pai, he used a power launcher on me and did more than 5 hits from it and for some reason when I went offline back to the main menu I got the title for it.

Each character has a title for doing 5+ hits from a power launcher (a lot of them are names of the characters' favorite foods) and I've never used Pai's power launcher a single time myself, but it popped up anyway.

Last edited:

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I dunno, I somehow have 15 combo challenges for Jann Lee and I've never touched him. In fact, I don't even have the first few combo challenge titles for him.

Seppu

if you have a winning streak in ranked matches and you view your fight record on the main menu, there's no space between the text and your wins. for example, it would read "CURRENT RANKED MATCH WINS5" or "CURRENT RANKED MATCH WIN$0" if you have double digits. there's also a lot of overlapping with the subtitles while playing online, which is why i have them disabled.

on some occasions the health bars in tag will be misaligned too, with the gauge only being half full and the rest going off the side of the screen.
Sept 9, System voice and match opening voice disappear
For some reason, when set to own character voice, the system voice and match opening voice of both characters disappeared after several online matches. Voice can only reappear after resetting the system voice to some definite characters 2 or 3 times. I am already playing the patched 1.01 of the game.
i've had this happen a few times, but that was before i unlocked the opponent and own character system voices.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Got another one on PS3.
Occurs in Practice Mode Solo Training with Solo Ranked Throwdowns active as Player 1.
When you receive a Throwdown (icon displays) you press Select and begin the process of going to the character select screen (opponent has accepted match before you press Select). If you get a message saying the player has disconnected (black screen, didn't get to character select) you will return back to training.
You will be unable to control the character you are playing as in Practice but you are still able to Pause and bring up the Pause Menu.
Requires exiting Training to regain control.

d3v

I'm sorry, did I say Ninjutsu? I mean Ninjutu. Lrn 2 Romanize, TN. Cause I'm pretty sure Ninjutu was in vanilla as well across the board.
Ninjutu is the correct romanization using the official Kunrei-shiki system that romanizes つ as "tu" and not "tsu" (which is how it's pronounced).

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Yeah, a lot of Japanese people use the dumb system and the entire western world use Hepburn like reasonable people. If you see any sort of romaji in Japan, though, it'll be in Hepburn 90% of the time. I giggle every time I see a Japanese person try to talk to English speaking people about "syoto."

werewolfgold

Ninjutu is the correct romanization using the official Kunrei-shiki system that romanizes つ as "tu" and not "tsu" (which is how it's pronounced).
Yeah, that system is dumb. lol
I'm pretty sure it's a typo, though. They use "tsu" for every other official spelling of it. Or else the branches don't talk to each other.

Chapstick

(PS3) I was doing Gen Fu's combo challenges and when I selected the ceiling combo one my entire system froze with the bgm still playing and these two little things at the top of the screen.

tumblr_inline_mtsarmCiMC1rz2mye.jpg

Kronin

Through twitter I reported some of them to Team Ninja:

1)
2 bugs/glitches:
- The game freeze starting tutorial "40.9"
- Some times the water in Lost World shows no texture
https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/381024796617625600

2)
There is a glitch tied to #Lisa's BT 4P+K: http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/la-mariposa-booty-bump-glitch-doa5u-ps3.2662/… Please fix it in the next patch.
https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/381758482187165696

3)
There is a bug related to EIN in Arcade and Survival mode: taunting with him doesn't increase the score
https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/383620172218507264

4) Minor mistake: in "DoA" stage, the data about EIN display the Hayate's profile (an hint about his real identity? ;))
BVLlSsVCAAEfPCC.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/383621027571302400

5) A minor bug: the textures of Kasumi's bunny white outfit doesn't show fluff (here a picture of comparison):
BVKqsjYCAAAkHKh.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/Kronin1/status/383556600662720512

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD