EVO 2013: DoA5 has a shot! But there's a catch...

evo.jpg

So the EVO 2013 lineup was announced just moments ago on Wakeup SRK, and it's the largest EVO roster in years. Dead or Alive 5, unfortunately, is not on the main roster. This is due in no small part to a lack of consistent offline support in comparison to other games. We've been on the upswing, especially after the solid showing at NEC, however we have a lot of building to do yet. This is something that we're still working hard on changing, but this is currently our reality.

Now, the title says we still have a shot, and we do, but that catch is really going to put us in a put up or shut up position like never before! The Player's Choice slot, EVO 2013's eighth title, goes to the community and game that donates the most money to a chosen charity. The other part was that the game had to receive more than 500 votes in the poll that ran on the EVO Facebook page, which we did pull off. As of this writing, the donation page (link at the top) states we have 21 days to donate as much as we can, or til the end of January.

This is a chance for the entire DoA community to back our game. Online players, offline players, stream monsters, EVERYONE has an equal opportunity to help out the community. If you can't travel, toss a few bucks at the donation. If you prefer online play for any reason, donate anyway. If you do travel, definitely donate. Everyone should be donating as much as they can so that we can get our game back on the EVO main stage. Even if that doesn't happen, your money still goes to charity.

So DoA community: FSD members and DoAWorld members, online and offline players, casuals and pros...the time to step up or stay off to the side is coming!

It sounds like you're just throwing out pathetic excuses to not help out. The only reason people are making a fuss is because Julius Rage is being ridiculous. Don't let some bad words or small name calling scare you.

I'm being ridiculous?

Whats so ridiculous about conviencing evo staff to let us donate to a single person? All we'd have to do is call a fucking Mayo clinic, get information on a single person battling cancer, get her information to the evo staff and have our donation page route money specifically to a paypal for that person.

We're still helping fight breast cancer!

And I bet if we plastered this persons face on the website then. . .wow.

Think about it. . . .

A photo collage of a woman in a hospital, fighting cancer and throw the words "I'm a fighter!" over that. . . .

Whats ridiculous is how I'm the only person whos trying to figure out a way to draw money for our cause from outside of the community because i know, just like everyone else here knows that My Little Ponies, PSAllStars and SCV all have a better shot at getting in because of OUTSIDE MONEY!

sorry, but DOA isn't solid enough for me to consider donating for. maybe after patch but since some people still look at it as an eye candy game, it won't make the cut. maybe after patch.

You post incites that you're angry enough to tell someone to leave. It's impossible to mistake that as anything but anger.

I meant to leave the topic. This topic is about supporting DOA5. If you're not going to support it why waste your time posting non sense? What I posted had nothing to do with anger, but basic logic.

I'm not mad at people who is deciding not to support. But to come in a topic asking for support and posting "I'm not supporting" I don't see the point. This isn't even about opinion.

I meant to leave the topic. This topic is about supporting DOA5. If you're not going to support it why waste your time posting non sense? What I posted had nothing to do with anger, but basic logic.

I'm not mad at people who is deciding not to support. But to come in a topic asking for support and posting "I'm not supporting" I don't see the point. This isn't even about opinion.

His opinion was that DoA5 isn't a good enough game to vote for over the others. This pertains to the topic at hand. Whether or not you agree with him does not merit telling someone to leave.

If you want to be taken seriously you have to accept the negative comments with the good ones.

Anyways, I'm glad you're "protecting" your community. Good luck!

just donated $15, lets hope we can get DOA5 in EVO.

If you love DOA5, you should donate. Whatever the current state of the game, if it gets into EVO, it's a given the devs will double their efforts to make the game shine, so it will be patched accordingly, and so if you want the game to improve, getting it into EVO can only help.

Hey Julias, have you ever had a family member with breast cancer? If not, then stfu. My aunt has it, and she caught it to late and she is now past the point of being saved and only has a few months left, but at least with these donations the research could save someone else.

So ya, stfu you low life pos.
Breast Cancer and Leukimia are the most feasible cancers to cure nowadays because everyone has it but the survival rate is fairly high for them now. I agree with Julius that at this point there isn't much need to donate to breast cancer because everyone does so much for them. Have you ever heard of neuroblastoma? No? My brothers dying from that but no one ever cares all you see is "Save the Boobies" "Protect the TaTa's" Wheres the braclet for my brother saying "Save the terminally ill kid" "Save The bone marrow" etc. So I think if we had the option we should try to change where our money goes because breast cancer has more then enough to work with. If I donate, It'll be souly for DOA5 and not breast cancer.

I'm sorry to hear that some of your family members had pass away Julius Rage :( Rest In Peace to some of your family members. I hope you're doing alright bro and to Haydeeze, Raansu and everybody's (on this thread)family members who are fighting cancer, I wish them the very best & may god bless them (such a dark twisted evil world we're living on) :(
We're all fighters.

divekick... is beating DoA... MLP.. is beating everything... done.

Many of the players who will be donating (like me) haven't. My money goes in today and presuming it went in 2 hours ago we'd be right above Guilty Gear.

If 10 people put in just $50 each we'd be even closer to SSBM, but most want to be negative and just assume that no one else is going to donate so they won't.

Many of the players who will be donating (like me) haven't. My money goes in today and presuming it went in 2 hours ago we'd be right above Guilty Gear.

If 10 people put in just $50 each we'd be even closer to SSBM, but most want to be negative and just assume that no one else is going to donate so they won't.
if i could, i woulddonate. i have the money, not the ability. i still have hope, but the fact that DIVEKICK is up there, and MY LITTLE FREAKIN PONY is top (because of trolls) is smh worthy to me. i do believe we can still get 2nd though, which is all we really need.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD