Halloween Designer Challenge 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwonJigglypuff

Great, I'm not the only one who liked Bee Mila! ;)
To be honest I prefer Pai's Bee design but still, it's very cute.

Prince and Bee are her best costumes. Mummy wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a Momiji swap.

I really don't like Halloween costumes that simply scream Halloween because it's orange and purple or have pumpkins...

egv6Lg6IZ4r94MeFP1KjXvDcTwRs1MhS.png

Paige

Marie Rose and Honoka apparently got a revamped design for Kasumi that had been submitted in a previous contest. TN did not credit the original artist.
Kasumi would really have looked stunning.
2197n.jpg

5.jpg
7.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Marie Rose and Honoka apparently got a revamped design for Kasumi that had been submitted in a previous contest. TN did not credit the original artist.
Kasumi would really have looked stunning.
View attachment 24505
View attachment 24504View attachment 24503

There were many more black and white swan costumes already. It's a very popular theme.
I've been telling you this from the moment Marie's and Honoka's designs were revealed. Don't act so surprised all of a sudden. XD

Paige

• KOEI TECMO GAMES has the right to remodel any designs that are provided. Remodeling includes, but not limited to, Altering the design, changing the color, adding some elements, and removing some elements.
  • The design may be used for a different character than the original author intended to or for other characters in different titles.

• Any designs submitted will become property of KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD., and by participating in this contest you grant KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD. and its parent company TECMO KOEI HOLDINGS CO., LTD. the rights to use such designs for commercial and/or promotional purposes without compensation.
That is not surprising in any way because this had been stated in the rules each year.

Jadeinchains

I mean why would they credit the designer of the Kasumi costume In the first place? It didn't get in. The designer who made the Marie and Honoka designs did. It's sad since the Kasumi design is older but like Tyaren said that's what happens with popular themes like the Swan Lake type one. Lots of people make designs that may be similar to each other but not all will get picked.

Jadeinchains

For coming up with a concept for the game. Why not when this had been done previously with Kokoro and Helena swap or Rachel's costume that had been givent to Kasumi's?

Because In those cases It was a design meant for one character that was then designed but given to another character. In this case though It's two completely different designers and designs.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
A gap of 2 years is the only difference.

One case is one design going to another character in one contest, the other case is a very common overall theme not making it in an earlier contest, but making it in a later contest by a different designer and for different characters.
If you have problems with the ballerinas, what about the hundreds of belly dancers, vampire slayers and pumpkin witches? They basically look the same as well.

And as I already mentioned, there were even more and (probably also earlier) white and black swan ballerina designs in the contests. Not just by those two designers.

Paige

Witches and vampire slayers are themes you can expect of a Halloween Designer's Challenge.
9.jpg Also half of the belly dancers in the game were designed by the same artist so that is okay.

In this precise case, you can see where the idea originated from so it's quite a shame for the author of this concept.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD