Characters How did everyone come up with their mains?

SweetSauceBoss

DOA universe: Leon because he's the strongest man in the world. Really wish they'd expand on his background with Bayman and they are included in DOA6s story if it's ever made.

DOA5U: Akira/Jacky. Watching outstanding Akira players made me pick him up. So satisfying when you do damage with the VF characters.

Kohlrak

Akira is a monster. I was fighting his AI getting all ticked until i realized his AI almost always throws mids. The VF characters fight so differently that they are so much harder to read and deal with. I hope they add more to the game, really.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
hmm lets see..

Leifang... since DOA1 ..
- she had short hair
- wore leather
- had the legs .. and I like legs ...

I hated her in DOA4 since she had no leather outfit and ... I don't like her alien face in DOA5 much but ... its growing on me.. lol

I just really want her ponytail back ... :(

Kohlrak

hmm lets see..

Leifang... since DOA1 ..
- she had short hair
- wore leather
- had the legs .. and I like legs ...

I hated her in DOA4 since she had no leather outfit and ... I don't like her alien face in DOA5 much but ... its growing on me.. lol

I just really want her ponytail back ... :(

Chun Li and Cammi in street fighter?

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Akira is a monster. I was fighting his AI getting all ticked until i realized his AI almost always throws mids. The VF characters fight so differently that they are so much harder to read and deal with. I hope they add more to the game, really.
Not really. You need a spatial buffer zone when fighting them. Then reading them becomes easier. Of course a skilled Akira wont let you run for too long but pehaps that's what you need to force his hand.
No...

Juri... lol

but my main's actually Dhalsim

2014-06-03-product-7.jpg

I just realized that Ivy from soul caliber was/is a 6ft English woman wearing leather and uses a whipsword to fight and that I don't play her at all. Its time I sat down and fixed that

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I fell in love with Helena sometime in Janurary 2010 during the Dead or Alive 4 days. As many people already know, my main character in Tekken is Xiaoyu. And when I noticed that both her and Helena shared a fighting style (Pi Gua Quan), I got used to using Helena pretty quick and easily. Her character, story, elegance, beauty, voice and story are also another reason why Helena is my main in the Dead or Alive series. There's more I would like to add, but I think you have the gist of it.

Kohlrak

Not really. You need a spatial buffer zone when fighting them. Then reading them becomes easier. Of course a skilled Akira wont let you run for too long but pehaps that's what you need to force his hand.

I'm a terrible reader. I don't play enough to memorize my opponents every strings. I did notice that mid hold spamming beats the Akira AI every time.

2014-06-03-product-7.jpg

I just realized that Ivy from soul caliber was/is a 6ft English woman wearing leather and uses a whipsword to fight and that I don't play her at all. Its time I sat down and fixed that

You realize he's a trap, right?

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I'm a terrible reader. I don't play enough to memorize my opponents every strings. I did notice that mid hold spamming beats the Akira AI every time.
Keep in mind that a good/human Akira player will alternate his/her guardbreaks and make use of that low kick that can be confirmed into a grab. When you do create that spatial buffer he has ways of getting around it like that low kick I mentioned earlier, the satanic elbow(666p) and the low punch that looks like the satanic elbow that fakes low. If the Akira player is really feeling pissed then he will begin to use that WR :H+K: when you are trying to space him out as a way to persuade you.
You realize he's a trap, right?
Fucks given = -36

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
My main is and will always be Kasumi: when i was 11, i saw her beautiful face, hair, and body in DOA4 on youtube. So when i downloaded core fighters nearly five years later, i got to play her for the first time, and since then, i've never looked back. Her english and japanese VAs are both great, her costumes are hot, and.....i can overlook her thin, badly rendered loose hair. That's what her default ponytail is for anyways:)

Kohlrak

Keep in mind that a good/human Akira player will alternate his/her guardbreaks and make use of that low kick that can be confirmed into a grab. When you do create that spatial buffer he has ways of getting around it like that low kick I mentioned earlier, the satanic elbow(666p) and the low punch that looks like the satanic elbow that fakes low. If the Akira player is really feeling pissed then he will begin to use that WR :H+K: when you are trying to space him out as a way to persuade you.

Fucks given = -36

Of course. I didn't mean to suggest that Akira himself was that bad of a character. I'm just saying the pre-programed AI was done lazily. What's amusing is that this guy, gen, jacky, and pai are the ones that mess with me the most. I'm embarrassed that i loose at all to the AI. I'm just saying, the power of his mids to come out at the speeds that they do that i don't even realize i'm getting killed with various mids is representative of him and the other VF characters. The fact that they are designed to match their slightly faster paced original game adds to their charm and challenge.

Intelligent Alpha

I tend to always main the new character. For DOA5 it was Alpha, then Rachel. In SF4 it was Viper, then Juri, then Poison. Fuck waifus, I'm about that harem.

Alpha was never "new"! (I don't consider playable bosses in this vein) Same could be said for Tengu, Genfu or anyone else we had to unlock! The other seven, eight, etc. were/are guests! But I see why you switched to Nyotengu! I bet you did that alot! You'll switch again, I'm sure! XD

BlankOctober

Standard Donor
I use Tina, Nyotengu, Mila and Rachel...

Tina: I'm a huge wrestling fan, and because of this, I started to use Bass. I felt I was missing something though, maybe it was speed. So, I picked Tina up and instantly knew that she was my character. Throw all of the "she's not great offline" bullshit that I've said aside, because that is my woman lol. Another reason is that there was a lady in my Human Growth and Development class a couple of semesters ago that actually looked like Tina. Why didn't I get with her? I'll never know...

Nyotengu: I've never messed with Tengu in the past, so this was a new experience for me. Couple that with her just being pretty damn hot (I know, "casual" mindset there) and her 2T against crouching opponents, and you have a winner.

Mila: This chick was actually supposed to be my main from the jump in Vanilla, but to be honest, her cheapness scares me. However, she's cute as hell and she hits like a trucker. I'll never let her go from my character stable.

Rachel: I actually started to learn Rachel from MechWarrior at TFC this year. She's a bonafide beast with an obvious array of "assets".

Well there you have it. Moral: Mostly I like white women.

XxLovelessGirlxX

I use Tina, Nyotengu, Mila and Rachel...

Tina: I'm a huge wrestling fan, and because of this, I started to use Bass. I felt I was missing something though, maybe it was speed. So, I picked Tina up and instantly knew that she was my character. Throw all of the "she's not great offline" bullshit that I've said aside, because that is my woman lol. Another reason is that there was a lady in my Human Growth and Development class a couple of semesters ago that actually looked like Tina. Why didn't I get with her? I'll never know...

Nyotengu: I've never messed with Tengu in the past, so this was a new experience for me. Couple that with her just being pretty damn hot (I know, "casual" mindset there) and her 2T against crouching opponents, and you have a winner.

Mila: This chick was actually supposed to be my main from the jump in Vanilla, but to be honest, her cheapness scares me. However, she's cute as hell and she hits like a trucker. I'll never let her go from my character stable.

Rachel: I actually started to learn Rachel from MechWarrior at TFC this year. She's a bonafide beast with an obvious array of "assets".

Well there you have it. Moral: Mostly I like white women.

Mila Cheap? <_ < someone is definitely mistaken.

XxLovelessGirlxX

I've Mained Mila since day 1, never dropped her. in fact the day I got the game I just hopped online without a second of practice with her as my 1st choice. and lost my 1st fight ofc but my second fight I won so I took that as a sign that she and I were destined to whoop ass together XP. mind you this was my 1st DOA experience ever so I felt accomplished lol.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I remembered the good ol' days of my childhood in late 1991. Back then - apart from that thing called school - Saturday morning cartoons, the Disney Afternoon, and the non-stop talks about Sega giving Nintendo a run for its money ruled my life. Things couldn't get any fucking better, right? Wrong. One day, my mother found a better paying job, and it occured to us we needed a babysitter to watch over me and my little sister. She was an exquisite, majestic being... short hair, curvy (like fucking bangin, yo), high school senior, and quite the grease monkey. It could be safe to say she was my first crush, the first person to make me appreciate motorsports and biker chicks, and the one to give me my first boner. And wouldn't you know it, her name was Christie.

Every other day on the weekday after school she'd keep me on top of my shit... chores, school work, you name it. But unlike my mother, she would allow me to get my Disney Afternoon fix WHILE I do my homework, which was fucking genius. My mother always taught me that was impossible to do, but Christie opened my eyes. I always felt smarter after watching Darkwing Duck anyway. But the real fun part of the day was after we finished all that stuff. By the time we were finished, it was game shows back-to-back: Nick Arcade, Double Dare, Video Power, it didn't fuckin' matter, we had a fuckin' blast. And all the while I had tendencies to cuddle with her in my mind, or maybe have sex with her (which I had no clue what it meant back in the day, I only saw Cool World and my parents made me believe that was it, lol)... but I never made it too obvious.

For over a year, she watched over me and my sister, and when our grades went up, so did our gaming library. She was a godsend to me. My ideal woman. If I were to ever get married, I would want one just like her. Who'd have thought exactly 10 fucking years later, I'd come pretty close, but not in a way I was expecting?

November 2001. Fresh from some sneak peeks of Dead or Alive 3 in previous magazine issues, I was already an avid fan and preordered it and an Xbox on blind faith. I literally had no fucking clue what I was getting into, nor how good the game was going to be (or whether it was gonna be a big piece of fucking shit like a previous E3 private showing implied). When I booted the game up, I was literally put in awe about just how un-fucking-believable the visuals were.

Upon slightly getting over the spellbinding intro, I proceeded to play the story mode and try out the new characters. One of them was named Christie, and the immediate thought that came to my mind was my babysitter at childhood. Unable to resist my dirty urges, I played the character instinctively, not knowing shit about how the character plays or anything. She seemed fast, easy on the eyes, and easy to get into... well, maybe not in the literal sense. *ahem* Double entendres aside, I plowed my way through most of that story mode, but came across some weird shit when I had to fight the last boss in an admittingly uncomfortable angle... like, what the actual fuck was Team Ninja on when they decided to progrram this fucking fight on this piece-of-fucking-shit angle? Blue-and-yellow purple pills? Obviously so, 'cause they let Ayane officially win that fucking tournament... fucking big-boobed, purple-haired ass ninja succubus! I wanted Christie to win, dammit.

Even though she didn't win, it turned out that I was winning in the end. As I delivered the final blow to Genra, aka Omega in the final battle to decide the fate of the world, there was an image that would forever etch to my memories for all time... the shapely fucking buck-ass naked derriere of Christie while taking a hot fucking shower after a hard day's work as an assassin. And as they say, you can't be a good assassin without having twice the ass. It was that moment that I knew Christie was the one for me... the main I wanna bang. The DOA character I always wanted to play. No DOA girl in recent memory has ever made my dick rock-hard as she did with that particular ending. It was like she was the reincarnation of my first crush given form as a video game character. My mind and my balls were just blown from the thought. The rest was history.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD