Modding Questions and discussions thread

Amaso

---C Files only matter for Toggleable objects and Alpha-152 , other than that they have no other function so it doesn't matter which one you use .
If I remember correctly someone said all @gatto tom 's mods have this bug .

CherryBlossomsNinja

It's odd because the mod is good for him like he showed in the screenshots when he released the mod.

@Amaso, thanks for show me the programs which reads the Naotora's DLC files. I found out I can to do this across the most current DLC Tool.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but how do I fix these?
y6CvXO3.jpg

DeXbzc0.jpg

What I did was:
1. Marie_COS_003: Remove all parts except shirt and skirt.
2. Kasumi_DLC_001: Insert socks and shoes to Marie_COS_003.
3. Marie_DLCU_002: Insert torso to Marie_COS_003.
4. Marie_DLCU_004: Insert remaining body to Marie_COS_003.

What did I do wrong? (I was so close! *sad face*)

nebula

hey there,

i plan to release some stuff including alt faces i did long time ago.. but i can't find eyelashes files anywhere. i looked into tmc body or faces but no clues.

basically it looks like to this... and last year i used to extract them using Umod
jHPshjH.png

If someone knows where those files hide just let me know !

THX ;)

C3S4RFC

hey there,

i plan to release some stuff including alt faces i did long time ago.. but i can't find eyelashes files anywhere. i looked into tmc body or faces but no clues.

basically it looks like to this... and last year i used to extract them using Umod
jHPshjH.png

If someone knows where those files hide just let me know !

THX ;)

This is in face TMC.
For example in Marie face is WGT_face_3

Captura-EYELASHES.JPG

nebula

This is in face TMC.
For example in Marie face is WGT_face_3

View attachment 21242
That's why i can't find it with texture tool.... Thank you @C3S4RFC

------------FIXED-----------------
OK eyelashes are indeed located in TMC faces files, at the bottom of the list, it was just the preview system wich can't read transparency preoperly

Last edited:

Vex

I have a question - lnk reshuffle - if I don't fill ---c and --p fields with new files - is it economy? I'll be able to import more tmc?

immi

well, you will lack the (correct) thumbnail in the character selection if you don't use the --p file
not sure if the game handles a missing ---c file correctly, might be worth a try. It shouldn't have any bad side effects (unless the ---c file is used to toggle hats & stuff on/off)

so yes, you could do that to have more unused files available

if it doesn't work with setting ---c file to empty, you can also just use the ---c file of another costume instead of importing a new one.
Most of the ---c file are basically empty.

Reactions: Vex

CeLioCiBR

Hey guys, how are you..?
So, someone can guide me in the whole process to swap costumes? i don't mean the basic whole costume swap (I mean, i know how to swap models but that's it), i mean just a part of it you know? like a Blouse.. or just the Shorts.. you know? i can't find any videos about that and my english is very ultra bad so i am having some problems... (brazilian here ^^)
Like the KASUMI_DLCU_004.. if i want to swap just the Short? how i do that?
Here's is the list of the programs i have about Dead or Alive 5..
http://i.imgur.com/j5XVD8n.png
I have something that you guys don't use anymore? so i can just focus in the best programs?
well, i know, i am noob and my questions of course are too but.. anyone can help me? :)
Basically, i want to Edit a costume in a easy way.. blender is too hard to me but.. i will try to learn if this is the case..
Sorry again for my english and my noob questions..

weetold

So, someone can guide me in the whole process to swap costumes? i don't mean the basic whole costume swap (I mean, i know how to swap models but that's it), i mean just a part of it you know? like a Blouse.. or just the Shorts.. you know?

Hey man, swapping clothing parts isn't that simple, but it's easy if you know what you're doing.

Kasumi's shorts from "KASUMI_DLCU_004" has 4 mesh parts.
  • The fur which is called "WGT_cloth"
  • Another fur mesh called "WGT_cloth_2"
  • The actual shorts which is called "WGT_body_8"
  • and the underwear that says "peace", is called "WGT_body_5"
Lets say for example you want to add these meshes to Kokoro's outfit, this one.
First of all you would have to make Kasumi's shorts fit Kokoro. The ABC tool or the Character Transformer tool can kinda do some of the work for you, but only so much, as there will still be clipping, so unfortunately you will have to use Blender or any supported 3d modelling program to fit the mesh better.

To make it easier though, you can do the fitting after you add the meshes to Kokoro.
You can use Blender, or the Polygon Tool to extract Kasumi's meshes, (for blender you will need the tmcmesh exporter script.) Then you have to use the Polygon Insert Tool to add or replace Kokoro's meshes, sometimes there isn't enough slots though, so you'll want to go into Object Tool and right click an object that has the textype of 0012, and then "add sub object". Heres a little graphic to kinda show what I mean.
You'll have to find out which meshes you will be replacing, so you'll have to open Kokoro's TMC in blender and check the name of the meshes you want to replace.

Once you've added Kasumi's shorts to Kokoros costume, now you have to add the textures for Kasumi's shorts into Kokoro's TMCL, so you'll have to extract Kasumi's shorts textures from her TMC with texture tool and then import the textures with texture tool into Kokoro's TMC, take note of the number of each imported texture, it's on the left most part of the texture tool window below the column "AbsID", you need these numbers to add the textures to the shorts again.

in object tool there are four texture types
  • Tex1- the diffuse texture or color texture
  • Tex2- the specular map (if the specular texture has a wet map then it goes into tex4 instead)
  • Tex3- the normal map
  • Tex4- the dirt map (if the specular texture has a wet map, the dirt map goes into tex2 instead)
You'll have to take the number of the imported textures, and assign them to the appropriate mesh, once again, you can find out the name of the mesh if you import the TMC in blender.

After you've done all that, you'll probably still have some clipping, if not, lucky you, you're done.
But more than likely you will have clipping, so you'll have to go into blender and refit the shorts meshes, unfortunately explaining this would take hours upon hours, as there are many many techniques to do this, so you'll have to know a little about blender to do that, if you don't know anything about blender, google some tutorials, there are a bunch out there.
But anyway, once you've fitted the shorts mesh in blender, you'll have to export the meshes again using the tmcmesh export script, after that, replace the meshes you edited in blender with the polygon insert tool.

And then you're basically done. I hope I was able to explain this well enough, and that it helped you in some way.

God be with you

immi

If I revert some already set - it will free files back?
it should ...
note that you need to use "revert swap" - to free the files
using the "revert" option only makes the costume not using the file anymore, but the content is still swapped
(yeah, i know it's confusing :p )

i also have some reports that the revert function behaves weird at times. Seems I broke something there, but I haven't had the time to look into it.

if all fails, open the mod.config file in a text editor, search for the filename and delete the line where it appears.
(close lnk_reshuffle before editing the file)

say you want to remove the file: MAI_MOD_VER_2.---C
you will find the following line somewhere in mod.config:
.swap:0x079a:0x08:0x00000000:0x000050:mods/MAI_MOD_VER_2.---C
(the numbers may differ, but it's just the file name that matters)
just delete the line and restart lnk_reshuffle

also remember to delete the file from your mod/ folder

note: only do the above if you are sure no costume is using that file anymore.

Reactions: Vex

Xillia

@immi

What does those commands do:
-swap
-import
-assign hair/assign face.
-DLC hair: add to costumes.
-------------
And about the added new empty slots, does that mean I can just add mods to them without having to use the dlc tool?

immi

What does those commands do:
swap: -> replace contents of that asset with your modded contents
set: -> change costume description to point to a different asset

the rest are basically just shortcuts for convienence:
import -> find an unused asset, swap the contents with your contents, then set the costume to use that asset
assign hair/face -> select hair/face from that characters dlc hair/face list - easier than using "set" command twice to set tmc & tmcl and having to find the hair/face between all available hairs/faces
add to costumes -> add the hair to all (non-dlc) costumes ( if not used already and there is room for more hairstyles )

And about the added new empty slots, does that mean I can just add mods to them without having to use the dlc tool?
correct

Anyone know what the L_3.dds in jacky's hair does? It looks like it has map to the head, but I couldn't notice a difference in noesis and when I put it on somebody else I didn't see any hint of it doing anything that other hairs with no such texture don't.

I also want to improve my workflow if possible. Right now straightforward retextures are roughly:
1. Launch texture tool
2. Drag tmc from explorer to open
3. (first time and unfubaring only) Extract all
4. (once per work session) Double click on tmc to open it in noesis (i set the file association)
5. Navigate to the texture folder from step 3
5½. (conditional) Delete the textures I don't plan to edit if they make the folder unwieldy (I cheat on dirt/sweat for personal use if it doesn't look hideous)
6. Open the desired texture(s) in an image editor (I've been using PDN, it was easier than gimp and photoshop would be wasted on my incompetence. I use ink something or other on the rare occasion vector stuff is relevant)
7. Do the texture edit. (then do it again... if applicable)
7½. Save, usually save as for a bad imitation of version control or if it's a costume I want to hex edit the detail files (thanks, KasumiLove)
8. switch to texture tool
9 swap&save
10. switch to noesis and file-> reload model to check my work.
10½. repeat 6 or 7 through 10 as needed.
11. (once per session) open lnk_reshuffle
12. lnk_reshuffle stuff
13. launch game to check for mistakes (usually ends up being a vs com fight on zack island for the water effect)

It's pretty rough, and it's rougher if I'm doing anything with the tmc tools line or blender. Scripting something to fake integrating the disparate tools sounds like a job for python, but I don't have the patience to work up to that from hello world. Any ideas that don't involve dozens of hours on a tangential project?

14. get frustrated and write one of the least helpful tutorials ever.

CherryBlossomsNinja

Somebody help me, please.:confused:

I'm trying to create a slot to a mod through Noesis, Photoshop and Texture Tool. PS e TT recognize the --P file after I swap dds to --P, but after I put this --P in DLC Tool and I save to transfer the DLC to the folder game the game doesn't recognize my --P. Plase, what did I err? :eek: I used some old version of Texture Tool or what?

gena2005

Somebody help me, please.:confused:

I'm trying to create a slot to a mod through Noesis, Photoshop and Texture Tool. PS e TT recognize the --P file after I swap dds to --P, but after I put this --P in DLC Tool and I save to transfer the DLC to the folder game the game doesn't recognize my --P. Plase, what did I err? :eek: I used some old version of Texture Tool or what?
It may be the case in the settings when saved file in the .dds?

DY3OXX1.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD