Nioh General Discussion

Tyaren

Standard Donor
IMO Bayman is the most popular Western character created from TN together with Bass, and his facial features are well done for representing a warrior. Maybe TN was lazy in their decision to use for the Western main character of Ni-Oh the Russian fighter's appearence, but I believe that the decision was got because they were sure that a such model could work without being too much risky.

Probably easier to reuse assests they have. Look at Honoka, she reuses Marie's face but a different wig makes her look different enough.

Besides, it's not overly obvious and non DOA fans will probably barely even notice if at all.

I don't know... :/ I usually don't use the complaint: "Developers are sooo laaazy! D:" Because they are not, they just often have a tight schedule and budget. This leads among other things to reusing old assets and that's perfectly fine... But reusing a well known face like Bayman's for someone like the protagonist of a completely new game, maybe even franchise? THAT must be lazyness and it is also quite bold if I may say so! XD

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
and since nobody knows who Bayman or Brad is it really doesn't matter. everyone is calling him japanese Geralt which is absurd if you've ever actually seen Geralt's face, but fuck it.

the only thing i wish they would change is for god sakes give him blond hair. im pretty sure he's not supposed to look this old.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Use Zack's face. This time he came super prepared for dungeon plundering and he's always up for new adventures!

HHH816

with that grim environment
They better put a some girl in it
ayane-chan
stuck-out-tongue-smiley-emoticon.gif

Last edited:

synce

First I've actually bothered to look at the footage. This has flop written all over it

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
First I've actually bothered to look at the footage. This has flop written all over it

its likley going to be one of their best sellers actually. It has the combined interest of TN, Onimusha, and Dark Souls fans looking at it to the point where it's updates are shown regularly in Dark Souls forums.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh, this is cool! o__O I'll probably die a thousand times though and won't be able to finish it to get that special conent. XD I tend to suck at these types of games and I bet it is especially difficult and unforgiving.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
Gameplay. When you learn the quirks of NG: Black (and DMC:3) then its a truly rewarding and exhilarating experience that honestly hasn't been touched since the mid 2000's. Now its all about stupid ass rendering techniques that make the consoles melt and shit themselves.

HHH816

from the gameplay look like a dark souls slow pace hack and slash. In NG you die a lot but you die in heat of the fast pace battle and you already move far

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
so i just noticed barehanded was on option. William used it to catch the guys blade and stab him in the chest

pretty sure this guys going to be a future DOA character if this strikes big.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD