DOA5LR PC-version information collection

extravagant

What the hell is with the controller support?

I use a PS2 controller with a PS3 adapter and I can't even get the damn controls to work. I read up on other people having issues with the controls but with Xbox One adapters.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Deleted a few posts. There are certain types of mods that won't be so much as discussed here. Don't talk about them, don't link them, don't ask for them.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
@Forlorn Penguin Hey man if people are capable of doing the rips, Bankotsubo may return to live in the PC version.

Yes, I've been aware of this possibility since the PC port was first announced. It doesn't necessarily get me hyped though. It's not like the mod would become tournament legal.

Still, I'd be very interested in seeing this mod come to life anyway, even though I don't plan on playing the PC version. I'd still love to watch videos of it and see an updated Bankotsubo in all his divine, majestic perfection.

Bonus points if whoever revives him also gives his C1 to Nyotengu as an alternate costume. More bonus points if that outfit also makes use of the "glasses" toggle option give let her wear his glorious beard.

Last edited:

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
KuRuPt said:
Surprisingly, the game actually runs on a Macbook under Parallels + Win 8.1. Too bad even with the lowest settings and max resources allocated, the game runs at like 10-20 fps lol. I'll have to give it a try under Bootcamp and see if it's any better.

UPDATE: For what it's worth, the game runs solid on a Mac under Bootcamp + Win 8.1 on lowest settings. I am getting a solid ~60fps. Also for anyone running into getting stuck on the auto save screen after the logos, try uninstalling all Xbox game controllers / HID game controller devices in Device Manager. Most likely the game gets confused on what is the primary input device for the game.

Last edited:

gamemaster14

I have the game running Maxed out at 1080p (highest my monitor goes) on first gen i7 940 (no OC), 6gb ram and gtx 480 superclocked.

The game will slowdown if I try to capture with fraps at that resolution but gets a solid 60fps capturing at 720p.

The requirements they listed are kinda overkill for minimum atleast. Probably only needed for higher then 1080p.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The requirements they listed were most likely the lowest end they tested. heh.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
If you got a nvidia card you can use shadowplay to capture games. The performance hit is only like 1-2 fps. A lot better than Fraps!

gamemaster14

Unfortunately Shadowplay does not work for the GTX 480. I believe it needs a GTX 600 series or higher card in order to work at all.

I was actually surprised that my computer can run the game at 720p full shadows AA and everything and capture with fraps at a full 60fps.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
My PC isn't anywhere near a monster rig but it's not too shabby. I have it maxed out rather easily at 1080p, rock solid 60fps, everything cranked. Could likely go higher than 1080p but my TV doesn't so yeah.

AMD A10 APU
16GB RAM
GTX 960

Those are the relevant specs, anyway. The processor is definitely my weakest link but this isn't even close to processor-intensive.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It seems Fuel has the worst performance for me. If the Camera is pointing to the back corner in any of the three platforms. This is fine for me at 1080p max settings, but when I bump it to 4K max settings my GPU struggles. Otherwise it's practically smooth 60 fps for my rig at max settings:

GPU: EVGA nVidia GTX 980
CPU: Intel i7 980 @ 3.2 GHz
RAM: 24 GB

NightAntilli

I noticed that in general the shadows are the heaviest for the GPU. I can play at 1080p with SSAAx4 and 2048x2048 shadows with at most 80% GPU load. At SSAAx2 with 4096x4096 my GPU struggles. Haven't tested it without SSAA because honestly I'm not interested. AA is a must lol, and FXAA makes things too blurry for my taste.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I finally got around to testing the game out with my craptop and it's mostly stable on my end:

Intel Core i5 M 520 2.40Ghz
Win 8.1 64-bit
8GB Ram
GTX460M

I decided to try it safe and turn off shadows and AA until I get a decent rig to try it out fully in the future.

I used my Qanba4 stick. Interesting thing is that the game doesn't detect both the stick and keyboard controls at the same time. Also, reinitializing the game without a stick inserted didn't go anywhere since non of my keyboard inputs were being identified on the main menu. Haven't tried my Ps360+ stick yet, but I'm guessing that works too. For some weird reason, the only training mode macro not working for me was the reset one, which made no sense despite all my buttons working.

Most slowdowns happen with some particle effects like water and Fuel being a real hog. Fuel was normally a slow stage on consoles too, but it really shows in the PC version.

I think I'll generally use the platform for testing and mods, but my PS3 can finally take some time off since I won't be using that for combos and such.

Overall, not a bad port, but it needs some work and it has the most ghetto config options. I'm pretty sure even the Guilty Gear games had better cofuguration options than this game.

So yeah, lot of stuff need addressing even if it is a serviceable port.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD