Petition to bring back LEON as DLC!

Would you like to have Leon and Ein DLC?

• Hell yes!! Bring back the Strongest Man in the World !

Votes: 161 75.9%
  • No, let him die the desert from dehydration..

Votes: 51 24.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Tengu is horrible character and people that use him should just pick a decent character.

In DOA4 and DOAD, yes he was. Sometimes people just click with certain characters though. When this game first came out you were absolutely convinced that Helena was the worst character in the game, but you still played her instead of just picking a decent character.

Besides, it's not like he always has to suck just because he did in his last two games. He was great in DOA2U. I've discussed various times with other players how they could make him better and it really isn't hard. For the most part, he just needs more mixups, and faster frame data. A 15 frame jab is absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for. Shave it down to 11 frames like the rest of the slow jabbers.

Leon I just don't want to learn how to play against since only 3 people will use him.

That was the case in DOA4 because it was DOA4 and he wasn't a game dominating ninja. In DOAD, he just sucked. I'd easily imagine that people would pick him up if he were good, which again, is totally possible. Just give him some buffs. Besides, the simple fact that he's a "new" character will cause plenty of people to try him out and if he was buffed enough, they might stick with him.

Just try to put yourself in our shoes for a minute. Imagine that they cut Helena and Lisa (who I think you submain) from DOA6. Naturally, you're not going to be very pleased about that. Sure, you'll pick someone else because you have to, but you'd always want your real mains to come back and once they did you'd probably switch back to them.

PJudge

In DOA4 and DOAD, yes he was. Sometimes people just click with certain certain characters though. When this game first came out you were absolutely convinced that Helena was the worst character in the game, but you still played her instead of just picking a decent character.

Besides, it's not like he always has to suck just because he did in his last two games. He was great in DOA2U. I've discussed various times with other players how they could make him better and it really isn't hard. For the most part, he just needs more mixups, and faster frame data. A 15 frame jab is absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for. Shave it down to 11 frames like the rest of the slow jabbers.

That was the case in DOA4 because it was DOA4 and he wasn't a game dominating ninja. In DOAD, he just sucked. I'd easily imagine that people would pick him up if he were good, which again, is totally possible. Just give him some buffs. Besides, the simple fact that he's a "new" character will cause plenty of people to try him out and if he was buffed enough, they might stick with him.

Oh Percy, I think you and I are going to be friends...

DR2K

In DOA4 and DOAD, yes he was. Sometimes people just click with certain certain characters though. When this game first came out you were absolutely convinced that Helena was the worst character in the game, but you still played her instead of just picking a decent character.

Just try to put yourself in our shoes for a minute. Imagine that they cut Helena and Lisa (who I think you submain) from DOA6. Naturally, you're not going to be very pleased about that. Sure, you'll pick someone else because you have to, but you'd always want your real mains to come back and once they did you'd probably switch back to them.

Asthetically Helena had breasts, and tons of people were willing to break her down. Tengu is a giant dick nosed character that people only played when he was absolutely broken 10+ years ago. He's as shallow and stupid as all the other boss characters that made playable status.

In all seriousness Tengu should be one of the absolute last characters to make it back. Team Ninja doesn't know what to do with him. He has either been super broken or super shit.

Had they not wasted 3 slots for VF characters and put in new characters they can use for free forever I don't think this whole Leon/Ein/Tengu uproar would be as prevalent.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Asthetically Helena had breasts, and tons of people were willing to break her down. Tengu is a giant dick nosed character that people only played when he was absolutely broken 10+ years ago. He's as shallow and stupid as all the other boss characters that made playable status.

Every character in the game is extremely shallow though. It's a fighting game. That's just the way it is. Being a boss character has no relevance whatsoever. Aesthetically, one could argue that Tengu was among the more interesting looking characters the series has ever had though. I don't know about you, but to me, a dude with a huge beard wearing a pom pom sash and a pair of one-toothed getas while holding a feather fan looks a hell of a lot more unique and interesting than a middle-aged drunkard, a slutty cowgirl, a biker/wrestler, Bruce Lee, four ninjas, a gelatinous mold of a naked chick, a luchadora, et cetera. After all, what other game out there let's you play as a tengu?

In all seriousness Tengu should be one of the absolute last characters to make it back. Team Ninja doesn't know what to do with him. He has either been super broken or super shit.

Then they can listen to us. We do know what to to do with Tengu. As I said, it's not hard.

Had they not wasted 3 slots for VF characters and put in new characters they can use for free forever I don't think this whole Leon/Ein/Tengu uproar would be as prevalent.

Not many people seem to complain about the VF characters being in, so I don't think that's necessarily true. Still, those three slots definitely should have been used for Ein, Leon, and Tengu. Three new characters, as you said, would also have been a better choice.

PJudge

The whole reason I started using Tengu was because he was a demon, and had GIANT WINGS. I'd say that Tengu was probably the most interesting character design in DOA. Hell, if they wanted some more interesting designs then they should port some of the original NG bosses through too because they were pretty awesome.

I don't think it's really a big deal to have fighting game characters have a deep story, as I'm only going to use them to beat the shit out of other people. That's why I like Leon so much, he just wants to beat up other people in the name of love!

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
The whole reason I started using Tengu was because he was a demon, and had GIANT WINGS. I'd say that Tengu was probably the most interesting character design in DOA.

Without a doubt, my friend. And yes, them giant wings are badass.

I don't think it's really a big deal to have fighting game characters have a deep story, as I'm only going to use them to beat the shit out of other people. That's why I like Leon so much, he just wants to beat up other people in the name of love!

Ha ha, agreed.

Well Leon's back EMPEROR_COW so will this discussion still be needed?
Well, I would love to know specifically what was the operation strongest man in 4 phases...

Yeah, I would say that this thread served it's purpose and we can all thank EMPEROR_COW for that. Now we'll use it for phase 4 of Operation: Strongest Man, then we wait for the Leon subforum to open up and get a Leon general discussion thread.
:leon:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Yeah, I would say that this thread served it's purpose and we can all thank EMPEROR_COW for that. Now we'll use it for phase 4 of Operation: Strongest Man, then we wait for the Leon subforum to open up and get a Leon general discussion thread.
:leon:

Operation Strongest Man was a complete success ..
and I can confirm that shinbori and Hayashi approve.
Expect something funky soon lol.

PJudge

And the intro/ending tag between Leon and Bayman, mysteriously present just in Doa3 (in Doa2U and Doa4 they don't show any particular animation).
That was the best tag entrance in the game. Closely followed by Leon & Bass.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Desert stage??? OH JESUS I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY!
Lol. I don't know about a desert stage. But I actually requested that twice already .. I hope they deliver :)

They can even take the sand and wind effects from the NG3 Day 2 stage. I think a desert stage would be amazing!
Throw in a cactus, a palm tree and a camel and I'm sold lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD