DOA5U Phase 4 match video and critique thread

Chapstick

Not a particularly spectacular fight, the lag was screwing me and I'm sure him as well up but he said to me after this match I was "the biggest coward" he'd "ever seen" and I'm really not sure where's he's getting that from? Can someone tell me?

Zero Beat

Seems to just be salty about getting beat. Probably expected you to just rush in and start attacking instead of playing patiently.

Tempest

Not a particularly spectacular fight, the lag was screwing me and I'm sure him as well up but he said to me after this match I was "the biggest coward" he'd "ever seen" and I'm really not sure where's he's getting that from? Can someone tell me?
I mean you spent 99% of the match in close range so I don't know what he's bitching about. Probably just your average underage doa player that takes ranked too seriously. If you really wanted to piss him off you could have sat at mid range and whiff punished him with 6p, 3k, 3p+k p, etc.

Tempest

Critique if you guys would be so kind?
I don't know what you did after 66T that got beaten out by Sarah's bt 2p, but I'd stick to using 7k, p, and 6p as those are all guaranteed.

You did 236T and only followed up with 4p, 6pk when you could have gotten a lot more damage.

Around 0:33 you blocked Sarah's wakeup kick and then tried to do a raw power blow when you weren't low enough for it to be available instead of just using a poke. I really wouldn't recommend using 4P+K in the neutral at all.

around 0:58 you did 1PP, 6P+k which isn't guaranteed even without stagger escape. Use 1PP, P+K if you land that move.

around 1:05 you did a raw chifu t which is slower and does less damage than 33T

around 1:23 you tried to free cancel k into p6p, which won't reach due to 5k's push back

around 1:36 you tried to hit a button after 9k was blocked. That move is throw punishable, and even if they don't throw it you shouldn't try to strike after it.

ShinMaruku

Thanks for those pointers. Some of it was dropped inputs but thanks for the move suggestions and noting when things are unsafe. :)

ShinMaruku

Oh I won't take that wrong. I am trying to get that taken care of. It's a part of the issue of me trying to get the execution requirments down. I guess I just need 6 hours in training mode before I get to matches again. Any good pointers in tenfu enders on walls?

Chapstick

Oh I won't take that wrong. I am trying to get that taken care of. It's a part of the issue of me trying to get the execution requirments down. I guess I just need 6 hours in training mode before I get to matches again. Any good pointers in tenfu enders on walls?
Tenfu~P PKKK in general if the height allows it. If you think the opponent's going to start going off to the side too far and the last K will whiff use 6PK or PP6PK instead if the height is good enough.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Worrying about execution should be something taken care of in the training lab. During a match you should have the execution down to a point where you don't waste brain resources worrying about it. The primary issue I get from your Phase-4 is that you mash 6PP then go for a throw too much. Even average players offline will catch on to that pretty quickly then blow you up for it. Try to get a CH with 6P, PP6P, PP6K, PP2K, 1K, or P+K instead. It just looks like you're not thinking during your matches and are just chucking things out.

Last edited:

Chapstick

I'll start off by saying I'd like to see one replay vs someone who actually throw punishes you. That and you need to work on your teleport timing, it's very important with this character. Try running through her combo challenges every time you start up the game. People do this with command training to memorize movelists but I'm sure doing it with combo challenges can help work on your muscle memory.

1) Use 214T instead of 236T until you get your teleport timing down. I'm guessing you're trying to do 4P 6PK~K~P but dropping that first teleport every time. That's also not a very good juggle even done successfully, it's 57dmg while 214T is 58dmg.
2) You do P+K from your teleports a lot, is it hitting P+K too many times when you try to teleport?
3) Pay attention to the environment and walls. Very important.
4) You use throws with 6P and 6PP a lot even on block. Autopilot?
5) 1:44 in the Jacky replay you did a CB and then hit T when it wallsplatted him. Also autopilot?
6) 2:12 you attacked from -17. With a 16f move. God bless you it worked but never do that again

ShinMaruku

Funnily enough most of thew people who I play don't fuck with throw punishes online because they doubt it will work. It works far more than they give credit.
1) I will try 214 T never knew the damage would be good. Generally off 236 T I try to do 4p 6pkk T depending on how my timing is. That instance is probably muscle memory.
2) Most likely correct.
3)Noted I should do 33k against a wall to avoid wall splats
4)Most people I play with always either counter or just block after the 6p.
5)Yup
6) Sometimes that one time you do the competly unexpected to win a match. But I agree. Never knew I was -17 though. I would have done something else.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Funnily enough most of thew people who I play don't fuck with throw punishes online because they doubt it will work. It works far more than they give credit.
1) I will try 214 T never knew the damage would be good. Generally off 236 T I try to do 4p 6pkk T depending on how my timing is. That instance is probably muscle memory.
2) Most likely correct.
3)Noted I should do 33k against a wall to avoid wall splats
4)Most people I play with always either counter or just block after the 6p.
5)Yup
6) Sometimes that one time you do the competly unexpected to win a match. But I agree. Never knew I was -17 though. I would have done something else.

Stuff like this is why it's extremely easy to fall into bad habits in DOA5LR. Chapstick is right though. You need to play against people that know how to punish you or your habits will just get worse. The biggest problem I see in your matches is a general lack of fundamentals more than anything. Don't worry about gimmicky stuff.

BboyDragon

Premium Donor
I came here to troll ..... So can any one tell me how I can make my Rush Down better. I'm so bad at rush down please help me i'm a noob with phase-4 TROLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL ALL serious i just wanted to post this video to give people ideas on pressure

Chapstick

I'm not too sure how you're trolling us but ok lol

What're you at if the opponent techs out of that 66K~K force tech setup? It looks like if someone teched right away they could low throw you. I'd rather take the damage honestly

BboyDragon

Premium Donor
I'm not too sure how you're trolling us but ok lol

What're you at if the opponent techs out of that 66K~K force tech setup? It looks like if someone teched right away they could low throw you. I'd rather take the damage honestly
yes and no it depends on height and if I hit first frame etc and etc. but 66k teleport K yeah sometimes, but normally i'm just negative a lil bit look at runtime 5:25 there a reason Kwiggles didnt go for a low throw
. But what I find interesting is with 6pk teleport k and than I miss that kick I'm actually plus a lot more than people think if they tech out of it... I'm so plus not even Christie can mash me out ask @ShinMaruku when I did a stream on that phase-4 tech

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD