The Fight Stick Thread

Heikou

Standard Donor
it can take different times for everyone. what will you budget be for a new stick if you do decide to get one?
Right now I don't have the money to spend on one, but I'd be fine with spending a little under $150 on a stick in the near future. I'll probably just buy a new joystick and see where that gets me as Tenren advised. Thanks for being so helpful, you two.

Commmanda Panda

my old SE stick stopped working and i didn't feel like fixing it lol.
However, I found someone who was selling an Injustice Battle Edition Stick for cheap. So I got me a new stick :3

Commmanda Panda

upload_2014-5-13_23-2-50.png

here it is. K-on themed of Mio. Decided to keep last two buttons(that i don't use) just for the LED.

the buttons will be temporary for i'm gonna be working on exchanging the microswitch on the other stock LED button to a Sanwa microswitch so i can still have the LED

ModusPwnins

Question, anyone know where I can get my stick artwork printed on a transparency of some sort without significant loss of quality? In an addition, where can i get the stick and button holes cut out? I've got a see-through plexi stick and would like the artwork to also be see-through if possible.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So you want it printed on a transparent paper? low opacity?

I suggest going to Kinko's or Staples and looking at their printing options. You'd have to cut the holes yourself though, and that kind of paper ain't cheap.

ModusPwnins

I see, how do people go about cutting the holes anyways? I can't imagine cutting a perfect circle without screwing up.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Typically using an xacto knife and using the steel template of the stick top as a guide on where to cut.

Heikou

Standard Donor
Trying to buy a new arcade stick but not sure what brand to buy from now. I'm stuck on Eightarc, Madcatz, and Hori.
Madcatz seem to be the most popular, so if you get a Madcatz stick and decide you want to replace something, then it shouldn't be too difficult. You might want to link to the actual sticks you're considering, though, as brand name alone isn't enough to purchase a stick on.

Commmanda Panda

Trying to buy a new arcade stick but not sure what brand to buy from now. I'm stuck on Eightarc, Madcatz, and Hori.

If you are are on a budget getting the Madcatz Fightstick Pro. It's a quality stick for a good price at $100
http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-Arcade-FightStick-PlayStation-3/dp/B00FC1UH82/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1402618954&sr=8-2&keywords=madcatz fightstick pro

Only problem with the stick above is that it is not dual modded (this may not be a problem for you though).
If it is then consider getting one of the Qanba Q4 series sticks. It comes dual modded so you can play on 360/ps3/pc
http://www.amazon.com/Qanba-Q4-Q4RA...=UTF8&qid=1402619295&sr=8-2&keywords=eightarc

I don't have much experience with the Hori branded sticks, but I have heard good things about the Fighting Edge

Tenren

i use a madcatz pro, Love it. Cant beat it for the price. Since buying it I've swapped it over to a Korean crown and new buttons. All the original parts are still good. As panda said only down side is dual mod. If you don't ever plan on dual modding it then its fine. If you do you may wanna look at the Qanba. Pretty much same part but made better. They are heaver too. All the parts can easily be swapped out with all modern stick these days.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
I want the Quanba Q2 Glow! And Sanwa Denshi custom buttons for every character I play Ino, Tina , Ibuki, May, Tira, and Asuka. So far there's an Ibuki custom being made for Evo.

Edit: being sold 7-11-14 at arcade shock if people are interested or you can get them at Evo

Gruff757

Standard Donor
So I dual modded my stick for the first time alone. I was going to get someone else to do it for me but I decided to try my first mod for myself before deciding to go to someone else for furture mods......and I was successful on my first try :D

Feels good man.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD