The Uncharted Thread

UpSideDownGRUNT

- Treasures now mean something. They can be sold at a nearby outpost or used for character buffs.
- It is exploration focused.
- Lost Legacy is puzzle heavy.
- Combat feels mostly the same, it's a bit more stealth focused.
This is exactly what the new Tomb Raider games are missing ESPECIALLY Rise of the Tomb Raider... Lost legacy is probably gonna be the best Tomb Raider I'll play in years and it isn't even a Tomb Raider game LMAO

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The only bad thing about Lost Legacy is that it is "just" 10-12 hours long. :( That's apparently the length of UCs before UC4, but still...

Jadeinchains

This is exactly what the new Tomb Raider games are missing ESPECIALLY Rise of the Tomb Raider... Lost legacy is probably gonna be the best Tomb Raider I'll play in years and it isn't even a Tomb Raider game LMAO

The new tomb raider games... The 2013 one I really liked. Rise though... It was okay. I just hope the next one is actually FULL ON Lara Croft.

And I don't know is it 10 hours completely or the campaign cause maybe doing the side content will make it longer? Also I don't remember how long it took me to do UC4 but hopefully I'm not done with this too quickly.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The new tomb raider games... The 2013 one I really liked. Rise though... It was okay. I just hope the next one is actually FULL ON Lara Croft.

And I don't know is it 10 hours completely or the campaign cause maybe doing the side content will make it longer? Also I don't remember how long it took me to do UC4 but hopefully I'm not done with this too quickly.

Uncharted 4 is a 18-20 hours game. For you that would be 10 hours though. XD
(It is still a mystery to me how you do it. Do you actually take as much time as people normally do, but play a game 24/7 until you are finished or are you actually incredibly fast, reducing the actual gameplay time to a fraction?
Have you thought about a career in speed running games? XD)

Strangely, Naughty Dog is a bit secretive about Lost Legacy's playtime for some reason, nearly all previewers have mentioned that. There being something like a or even several side missions and there apparently being some kind of hub village/outpost, that you can return to whenever you want, probably means that it can be longer for some players, depending on how much time they want to take and explore and do everything that is in the game.
I hope I am right and Naughty Dog is deliberately keeping something secret from players. That being more content or a bigger size of the game world than we do expect. They certainly are not the kind of developers who would skimp on game content. They are basically Sony royality as far as developers go. And I am sure Sony grants them literally funding without limit. So I am really expecting something great. :)

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Uncharted 4 is a 18-20 hours game. For you that would be 10 hours though. XD
(It is still a mystery to me how you do it. Do you actually take as much time as people normally do, but play a game 24/7 until you are finished or are you actually incredibly fast, reducing the actual gameplay time to a fraction?
Have you you thought about a career in speed running games? XD)

Strangely, Naughty Dog is a bit secretive about Lost Legacy's playtime for some reason, nearly all previewers have mentioned that. There being something like a or even several side missions and their apparently being some kind of hub village/outpost, that you can return to whenever you want, probably means that it can be longer for some players, depending on how much time they want to take and explore and do everything that is in the game.
I hope I am right and Naughty Dog is deliberately keeping something secret from players. That being more content than we do expect. They certainly are not the kind of developers who would skimp on a game or content. They are basically Sony royality as far as developers go. And I am sure Sony grants them literally funding without limit. So I am really expecting something great. :)

Lol! XD Well yeah I probably play a bit longer than I should but I'm also pretty good at managing to figure out what I have to do fast and/or get through combat sections etc quickly, I don't know but I'm good at it I guess. And lol can you get paid for speed running games? Cause if so I need to look into that. :p

And would this be the first Uncharted game with side quests then? I'm sure that will increase the play time especially if you seek out all the other side stuff too. 10 hours might be just for the campaign. I like the idea of a hub village too hopefully it's something like that. I wouldn't worry about it anyway since I'm sure they'll make it good.

Jadeinchains

Cool, short The Lost Legacy Making Of video with some new footage:

This looks and sounds sooo good. :3

So they're just moving on from Nathan then. I guess it will go between different characters from now on. I preferred Nadine during UC4 anyway. I actually was kinda rooting for her lol. I don't know about the daughter becoming a protagonist though but...It might happen.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Uncharted is blessed with tons of interesting characters, not just Drake so I'm perfectly fine with Uncharted retiring Drake entirely.

Tomb Raider only uses Lara because she's usually the only character that does the Raiding of Tombs and such, with side characters just being support or villains.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So they're just moving on from Nathan then. I guess it will go between different characters from now on. I preferred Nadine during UC4 anyway. I actually was kinda rooting for her lol. I don't know about the daughter becoming a protagonist though but...It might happen.

In another interview they've mentioned that too. They don't seem to be finished with Uncharted in general (it is their biggest franchise after all) they are just finished with Nate's story. UC4 wrapped his story very well up.
Since UC4 was my first and so far only UC I don't have an as deep connection to Nate anyway. I'm completely fine with some of the other characters taking the lead role.

I'm actually really excited for the Chloe/Nadine pairing this time. :) It's bound to be interesting, because they are like polar opposites.
Nadine is the muscle, she's disciplined, goes by the book and as long as you stay true to your part of the deal, she'll be loyal. If you cross her, she'll be a ruthless killer.
Chloe is the brain, she's easy going and doesn't care for any rules. While she's not a bad person, she does look out for herself first and she will easily leave you behind. She does seem to care for friends/family though...

Yeah, this is going to be good. :)

Jadeinchains

In another interview they've mentioned that too. They don't seem to be finished with Uncharted in general (it is their biggest franchise after all) they are just finished with Nate's story. UC4 wrapped his story very well up.
Since UC4 was my first and so far only UC I don't have an as deep connection to Nate anyway. I'm completely fine with some of the other characters taking the lead role.

I'm actually really excited for the Chloe/Nadine pairing this time. :) It's bound to be interesting, because they are like polar opposites.
Nadine is the muscle, she's disciplined, goes by the book and as long as you stay true to your part of the deal, she'll be loyal. If you cross her, she'll be a ruthless killer.
Chloe is the brain, she's easy going and doesn't care for any rules. While she's not a bad person, she does look out for herself first and she will easily leave you behind. She does seem to care for friends/family though...

Yeah, this is going to be good. :)

Yeah same, Since I only played UC4 Nathan doesn't mean much to me and like I've said before he was okay but kind of annoying to be honest with something's he said lol. So I more was interested in Sam ( who was cool ) Sonny? The old man... Samson?... And Nadine. Nathan's wife was okay too but she wasn't really in it much. I liked her where she did appear though.

And yeah the UC franchise is huge so I'm not surprised they aren't just stopping it or anything but I think it was the right choice to still end Nathan's story where it was supposed to end. It will be cool to see it focus on the other characters now. And I wouldn't mind Nadine being the protagonist of a future game... Please survive this new game Nadine... My favorite characters always die... :(

I'm definitely more excited for Chloe and Nadine's interactions anyway. From the looks of the trailers they're going to have a really bumpy relationship.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
My new hype-inducing desktop background:

DGbkgM7VwAA618N.jpg:large

Soon. :3

Tyaren

Standard Donor
As usual I still haven't even preordered the game, that I am super pumped for for ages, lol and it's just two more weeks.
I hope I get it early as usual. I love getting all games days before @UpSideDownGRUNT.
Lol, I shouldn't challenge my luck...

Will you guys get the physical or digital version?

Jadeinchains

As usual I still haven't even preordered the game, that I am super pumped for for ages, lol and it's just two more weeks.
I hope I get it early as usual. I love getting all games days before @UpSideDownGRUNT.
Lol, I shouldn't challenge my luck...

Will you guys get the physical or digital version?

Wait it comes out in 2 weeks?! :/ I didn't even know lol. And no I haven't preordered it. I don't like preordering games to be honest. I am getting it though when it comes out. I'm getting the physical game.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wait it comes out in 2 weeks?! :/ I didn't even know lol. And no I haven't preordered it. I don't like preordering games to be honest. I am getting it though when it comes out. I'm getting the physical game.

It comes out the 23th. That's a couple days more than two weeks, but I was already deducting the days that I will get this earlier. XD What am I doing?! I'm really challenging my luck. D:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So how are you getting it a couple days early lol!? :p

Like I usually do, I preorder it at my local game shop. They usually immediately call/text when they get a game delivered instead of waiting for the official release date to sell it. Injustice 2 I had like a week before official release, which was crazy.

Ah...I'm really excited for this game. >__<' I enjoyed UC4 so much...and even though this will be unfortunately shorter, it might still be even better. With more open environments and more exploration they are going in exactly the direction that I would want them to go.

Just look at how amazing this will be:

pbmUgxM.gif

qvWn4By.gif

Oh, all the screenshots that I will take... *__*

I think, I will be replaying UC4 before TLL comes out.

Jadeinchains

Like I usually do, I preorder it at my local game shop. They usually immediately call/text when they get a game delivered instead of waiting for the official release date to sell it. Injustice 2 I had like a week before official release, which was crazy.

Ah...I'm really excited for this game. >__<' I enjoyed UC4 so much...and even though this will be unfortunately shorter, it might still be even better. With more open environments and more exploration they are going in exactly the direction that I would want them to go.

Just look at how amazing this will be:

pbmUgxM.gif

qvWn4By.gif

Oh, all the screenshots that I will take... *__*

I think, I will be replaying UC4 before TLL comes out.

Lol your lucky getting it a week in advance etc. Make sure not to post anything spoilery then when you get it. :p And same I'm really excited. More excited than UC4 anyway just in terms of being more interested in the characters and what they're doing. You'd think Nadine would be over these near death experiences after what she went through in UC4 but from what I've heard she didn't really have a choice.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD