DOA6 1.02 Patch Notes and Core Fighters Released

Team NINJA has released Dead or Alive 6: Core Fighters alongside the 1.02 update patch notes that fixes various bugs and makes adjustments to characters. Even though the full list of changes have been released by Team NINJA, fighters are strongly encouraged to share and compile any possible hidden tech here at FSD. New players can get involved with DOA by installing Core Fighters for free on any platform and will have plenty of options to learn the game and characters at their own pace.

For simply checking out DOA6 you get Diego, a new character, for free. Also included for free: Kasumi, Bass and Hitomi! Team NINJA picked a strong assortment of characters to start off your DOA6 experience that will properly teach you different weights/classes. Additional characters are 3.99 and can also be purchased in bundles with the story being sold separately for 20.00 as a fun optional add-on.

Team NINJA's generosity continues with the inclusion of DOA Quest (with 20+ brand new quests added in the update), all of the game and training modes plus levels are at your disposal for free! You can access DOA Central and buy costumes, explore the encyclopedia and even make music changes. Pretty incredible deal when Team NINJA and the community are just beginning with DOA6s lifespan and the official game only came out two weeks ago.

The new update adds Nyo-Tengu to the game stores, fixes issues with online modes, and also adds additional wedding costumes for purchase and game/character adjustments. Some examples are Leifang's Unshu guaranteeing attacks again, and it seems Mila can no longer juggle into machine gun from 4P anymore. What have you found from 1.02? Sound off in the forum!

Last edited:
It's insane to release the f2p version without lobbies. INSANE! This is for casual players who don't follow game news, the majority of them will think that there will never be lobbies! This is doubly bizarre if they think they will have them running by the end of the month. I mean whats the rush? It seems like they are sacrificing DOA in a attempt to get there earnings up before the end of the quarter.
How if TN tweeted that lobbies will be available soon? You act like people are utterly retarded and don’t understand the meaning of soon. TN already stated at release or even before that, that they’re adding lobbies at a later time. So people already know, lol. Even the casuals.

How if TN tweeted that lobbies will be available soon? You act like people are utterly retarded and don’t understand the meaning of soon.
TN also said that online functionality would be added to 5LR on PC. Then they delayed the promised date several times only to finally patch it in... without lobbies.

Exercising skepticism about KT's promises is not "retarded." It's the most sane/rational approach you could have.

TN also said that online functionality would be added to 5LR on PC. Then they delayed the promised date several times only to finally patch it in... without lobbies.

Exercising skepticism about KT's promises is not "retarded." It's the most sane/rational approach you could have.
I was more putting emphasis on the casuals not knowing. KT is very unreliable, but what company isn’t? They only care about the cash anyway.

I was more putting emphasis on the casuals not knowing. KT is very unreliable, but what company isn’t? They only care about the cash anyway.
SOOOooo your saying that casuals know that lobbies are coming soon, but they also know that KT is unreliable meaning they know that lobbies aren't coming soon, because KT only cares about cash and not the people who give them said cash?

Regardless, the only way you release the F2P version two weeks after the retail version and two weeks before you have lobbies up and running is because your bleeding cash and looking for a tourniquet but only have a roll of toilet paper available to stop the bleeding.

All I can figure is that they lost a lot of money courting esports and are now trying desperately to get the montazation train going, but even that dosn't compute since you can't buy costumes individually yet. So, I got no idea whats going on.

It's one thing to release the retail game unfinished, I find it unethical and shoddy but you can rationalize it from a business perspective. This F2P version was going to be their second wind once they hade all the bugs and features ironed out, but instead they threw it overboard without a life preserver, and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

Given I'm sat in a lobby right now, it's gonna be kinda hard for TN to go back on this one. Think we're probably safe ;)

Oh geez... people give me sideways lik when I say I don't care about lobbies.

Next question... is the 4 characters open in the Core Fighters edition permanent? Or are the just in rotation? Like every month or couple weeks a new pair of characters will be playable. Just wondering since I'm really Diego right now.

Oh geez... people give me sideways lik when I say I don't care about lobbies.

Next question... is the 4 characters open in the Core Fighters edition permanent? Or are the just in rotation? Like every month or couple weeks a new pair of characters will be playable. Just wondering since I'm really Diego right now.

Well on Steam I didn't see them available to purchase.

It seems there are hidden buffs in this update too.
Leifang's Unshu Throw allows a guaranteed followup again. And it is glorious! Lol

Now if they only do something about that 7K.. >__>

Literally the last thing she needed. Hell I still think its dumb that she even has OH's.

I swear I hear something....Brute? Who's that? A fart in the wind you say?
A very mature response that an adult would post. Not at all childish.

When you decide to actually address people's points instead of deflecting, I'll be waiting.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD