Anti-Rachel strats, tips, and tricks thread.

Itz King Beebop

I know about Anna's FC df2 Mad Axes... that move is the greatest, gayest thing in life LOL That's why it's one of her best moves... but then again you have to keep in mind that her FC mix up in TTT2 is almost God-like

Itz King Beebop

Well as much as I'd like to keep scrolling down the list of stuff you can use as an Anti-Rachel strat (cause as long as I've been in this chat, it's just been a bunch of whiney ass button mashers whining for nerfs) So for the people who want to be good with this character, I'm going to start a Rachel Strat chat for those who want to commit to her. I' prefer it if no Rachel haters came in but they have their right to do so

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Here, try this.

Now, reacting during a blockstring is significantly easier, so you can generally block something 2-3 frames faster.

Itz King Beebop

I'm pretty sure you would LOL but we should play sometime (tekken or doa) I was thinking of playing Jaycee with my Zaf. Do you mind if I FR you?

Raze

Just because it's not on the site does not mean we do not know it.
What that means is people like you that do know it, should get the data up on this site, for others that do not. Information sharing is a benefit to the entire community. That is much more helpful than just saying this is unfair, that is unfair, this is useless, that is OP, this string isn't as good as that string, etc.

And the frame data would certainly help out with fundamentals if people knew what they were suppose to be doing in disadvantageous situations and had a readily accessible frame data table/sheet to access.

Raze

lol making a separate frame data thread is awesome enough, maybe a complainers thread after that would amusing haha.

Drake Aldan

Here, try this.

Now, reacting during a blockstring is significantly easier, so you can generally block something 2-3 frames faster.
I did it a few times (these are the averages).

(I would have been getting hit. At the same time, I don't see 2D players completely dominating our side of the pond...?)
Information sharing is a benefit to the entire community.
I wholeheartedly agree- at the same time, I don't fault people for the current state of affairs. Making those wiki pages, implementing standardization in character forums, sharing techniques and strategies, etc. is a lot of work (and for some competitively-minded, detrimental to possible performance in the field).

You can't have new players without good information resources, but from (anecdotal) experience new players tend to be taught locally instead of en masse via forums/Youtube/etc.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Nah, vast majority of 2D players get around the same. You can only block stuff 22f or less when you have a good idea when the move you need to watch for is coming (like PP2K). Keeping focus for prolonged periods of time is pretty much impossible.

vINv

Probably would be best to make a wiki page like XZero264's work with Leon.

17f?! Are yall Superman?!
My low blocking doesn't get consistent until 30f!
really u would not survive in tekken most lows are 20fps 80dmg or more this is pathetic learn how to play the game better oremei

vINv

the fact that this sounds like one big bitch fest and not actually info heres the facts for all u ignorant ppl out there raches bnb fps standing jab is 11fps 6p13 3p14 6k13fps im not going to lay all her frames on the table because ppl need to learn to turn on the move details in practice mode as far as ryu is concern u need to try more setups that involve izuna cimbos especially since he has a crouching izuna now rachel is terrible under pressure so a steady flow of good mids followed with un predictable grabs u will hassle rachel she doesnt even have a low crush so that right there should tell u should mix lows into ur pressure game and another thing rachel cant space for crap and ryu can y dont u look at the tools you have in the macth up and do your home work we understand how ppl feel niw adjust if they nerf her they nerf her but crying isnt making u ne better and fyi leon is a much better grabber then rachel and leon can do 180 dmg to a middle weight char most rachel can do is 154XD

Raze

I

I wholeheartedly agree- at the same time, I don't fault people for the current state of affairs. Making those wiki pages, implementing standardization in character forums, sharing techniques and strategies, etc. is a lot of work (and for some competitively-minded, detrimental to possible performance in the field).
Well all i'm gonna say is this, VF players in Japan where they are years above the rest, do as much information sharing with us (western, U.S. and Europe) as possible. We also share information with each other all day, everyday. Despite this GentlemanThief is still the best VF player that isn't from Japan, across multiple continents. It makes everyone better and brings the competitive level to the highest level possible for all all players. Just because we know all the data doesn't not mean we'll all have the Yomi (as some old school DOA players have said 'reading your opponent'), or execution to beat everyone. What it does mean is you'll have better matches and a higher play level from all.

From what i've seen at TFC all the old school guys can keep their tech and keep whining about Rachel. Since they can't punish, fuzzy, or crouch block (they had Mila nerfed in DOA5 because they couldn't crouch block) and wont contribute anything other than complaints, it's best to ignore them and move forward. I can't stand too see cry baby bad players get their way via nerfs, instead of actually improving their own play level. Now another new character comes out that they can't crouch block and she needs to be nerfed too, it's disgusting. Newer players seem to being doing well and are eager to contribute. So we may aswell add in frame data and improve while the rest of the players that can't crouch block, or block when they are at negative frames cry for nerfs. All the nerfs in DOA5 did is make me and many other competitive players from other games drop DOA5.

I really don't wanna see a bunch of cry babies that can't crouch block, fuzzy, or understand nitaku have another new character nerfed. That doesn't not bring any new players into the game, it only makes people drop it.

Other than that the forum is awesome, everyone is cool, the staff her is good, and the game is really solid. Just need to get all the frame data up and try to get the most out of a really solid DOA. #forgetthewhiners.

Rubedood

Sadly, all the majority of this community knows how to do is complain. The real problem is TN is too receptive to those people, and the game changes for the worst. I don't wanna see that again here, so people need to suck it up and practice more.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I agree with most of that. There's nothing wrong with a character who focuses on okizeme mixup potential. The only problem I have with Rachel is that she creates situations where you only make one choice and it costs ~70 damage in a game where most characters have to make repeated guesses to get that amount of damage. The only thing I'd change is either forcing her to actually play the stun game or make it so that the other characters are also able to avoid stun game and still get a decent combo off. She would still be a strong character if she just had to add an additional hit or two before going into the launch. It is a problem to me for one character to have dominion over okizeme AND guaranteed damage when both are so rare in 5U. The 41236T is fine, though.

What I would do is make Rachel's okizeme even stronger by forcing the stomp on every launch, then reducing launch height across the board as well as making 66K only +2 on block.

EDIT: Of course, if I had my way, every character would just be buffed until everyone is amazing at their niche.

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Sadly, all the majority of this community knows how to do is complain.
That's not true. I know how to complain about not having something to complain about.

I know what the punch, kick, hold and throw buttons are. I know what initial, active, and recovery frames are. I know what free canceling is. I know what the conditions for a guaranteed situation are. And if my browser on the Xbox wasn't so crappy, I'd write a few more things. But speaking for myself, complaining's not the only thing I know.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD