DOA6 Brad and Eliot Officially Revealed

After several weeks of speculation, Brad Wong and Eliot have finally been revealed in this stunning trailer that also demonstrates the new 'Unforgettable' stage. There are a lot of new elements to Eliot's gameplay that are worth talking about, and this creative new level holds a lot of stages and secrets you may have missed with your first viewing of the reveal. You can peruse Team NINJA's official website for the stage update and new character biographies.

This reveal starts off with Eliot and Brad Wong practicing moves in Miyabi's 'Hidden Garden.' Their relationship feels very competitive in this scene; similar to how it was in DOA5. Long time players might notice that parts of Eliot's default costume look a lot like Gen Fu's tiger print.

After the tense demonstration at Miyabi, Team NINJA takes us on a tour through the new DOA Museum! During the entirety of the stage reveal you will see signs that direct you to different stages in the museum, and some interesting pictures on the wall that commemorate moments throughout DOAs history. Most of these pictures correspond to the stage in the gallery, but some of them are hilariously out of place just to be fun.

'Unforgettable' is multi-tiered and includes samplings of five different stages from DOAs past. The top part of the stage includes Taylor's Bar and Hot Zone; both places being from DOA5. If you take the fight down the 'DOATEC Great Hall' stairs to the bottom level you can explore bits of Gambler's Paradise (DOA4), The Danger Zone (DOA1 Flashback Map) and The Sacred Miyami (DOA2).

The 'Sacred Miyama' is a boss stage where you fight Bankotsubo (the original Tengu) in DOA2. This level was revolutionary for its time in video games because Tengu could change the seasons during the fight (which ironically was mentioned by Team NINJA's Master several months ago on Twitter). Oddly enough, the Miyama section was the only part of the museum that was not ready for display.

Team NINJA starts off the gameplay section at 'Taylor's Bar' and showcase Brad. He launches Eliot with a classic 9K and follows up with kicks that animate similar to Rig's. As Eliot flies from the last kick you can see from the zoom out of the camera that there will be plenty of breakable objects at the bar.

The 'Hot Zone' section comes with the most important part: the tank! Before Brad bashes Eliot into it he gets damage on him by changing to his low stance and perfectly lifts himself off the ground just to punch Eliot in the stomach with a mid-punch! He launches Eliot into the air after the stun, hits the Toritsu K string and ends with a combo ending kick in his handstand stance.

Brad knocks Eliot down the staircase with his Break Blow and finishes his demo at the 'Gambler's Paradise' section. The level comes with the rails you could hop in DOA4, and some display cars that can still mess your character up big time. You can see the second tier at this stage from several different angles on the strip, and it's really fascinating how all these different levels and structures look merged together.

Eliot opens up with his 7P, goes into 8P, uses Gen Fu's stance, launches with Gen Fu's H+K, does his own 3P to extend the combo before using Gen Fu's 46P to smash Brad into the car danger zone. The crash sends Brad into the air, and Eliot uses Gen Fu's famous catch grab to politely keep his momentum going. Eliot uses his regular P string to send Brad over the rails to the 'Danger Zone' portion of the stage.

'Danger Zone' is no longer multi-tiered, but the one tier that it does have still launches your foe off the ground upon them falling onto it. Eliot continues to dip into Gen Fu's move list with his 6P string, and mid-punch reversal. Like most character trailers, the apprentice finishes his fight with his special combo and break blow to conclude the reveal.

Team NINJA is consistently reminding us that they care for DOAs rich history, and they are always looking for ways to honor the past. It's likely that Gen Fu has moved on from being a playable character in the DOA franchise for the first time because of these big move-set changes. Eliot's biography does not imply that Gen Fu has passed, so there is a chance that he will appear in the story mode, even if it's not for long.

Last edited:
The stage is basically TN going “how many assets can we reuse at once and make it still tasteful?” It’s like when cartoons have clip show episodes that completely reuse animation. They’re making the most out of what they already have.

If anything, I’m more disappointed that the bar section just has random chairs thrown around and not a single table, and that the stairs are blocked off by a breakable barrier. We have yet to have had an open fall danger zone in all of DOA6, what gives?

It literally looks like the Taylor Bar in XNA Lara LOL

Hopefully there are a few more areas ! Miyama is pretty iconic.

Hopefully Great Opera will be its own stage, with infinite stairs and new danger zones (burning beams, chandeliers, balcony falls...). The most epic stage for me back then. It would go well with many fancy costumes and cocktail dresses.

Another stage which need to be remade is Freedom Survivor. They did a great job in DOAD. Seeing it in full HD would be amazing (improved ballroom, aquarium in the middle of the ship, the deck with sunset options...)

And since we already have Aerial Gardens, the most poetic place to fight in the series, I'm already satisfied. The fireflies really add something unique to the atmosphere.

Well, it looks like the cars don't just come at you, but are much more manageable now that you actually have to hit opponents into them.

seeing our boys show off their fighting styles in the beginning, i wonder if they're gonna have an attract mode opening animation like in 2, 3 and 4 again? or maybe they're taking a page from soul calibur 3 and are hinting at a fighting style demos feature?

Examining the Eliot trailer, it seems he has his full moveset, but he can switch to iron fist mode after certain attacks (may be by pressing p+k .. or may be its automatic like Honoka?) Im loving this! He's literally 2 in 1.

You see it after his 8P and his 33P .. But I don't think he would have direct access to Genfu's moves off the bat.. so no i11f 6P from the start or a stupid crush everything 3p I can't wait to put him in the lab and test stuff out!

Before I was really able to get into these games I always wanted to experience the Gamblers paradise stage from 4 and the stairs mechanic so to be able to have that this time around is very... nice. I’m so glad it’s coming back in some form.

I’ve never been interested in either character before so seeing Eliot now, he looks really cool. Definitely interested in trying him out now. Still praying for Rachel.

Before I was really able to get into these games I always wanted to experience the Gamblers paradise stage from 4 and the stairs mechanic so to be able to have that this time around is very... nice. I’m so glad it’s coming back in some form.

I’ve never been interested in either character before so seeing Eliot now, he looks really cool. Definitely interested in trying him out now. Still praying for Rachel.
I don't think it will be the same stairs mechanic. it seems there’s a fence in front of them >__>

I don't think it will be the same stairs mechanic. it seems there’s a fence in front of them >__>

I saw that fence too and the cinematic camera angle for jumping over the fences :( That annoys me a little bit, but overall this is a very cool stage. The lighting seems a little off somehow? Is it too bright or too plastic looking somehow? Wish it had more lights overall

But I am very excited to be trying this stage out !!!!! :D

Wow what a bunch of negative Nancy’s in the thread. Just because 2 DOA5 stages are in the unforgettable stage doesn’t mean that the stage design is lazy. I don’t see how Hot Zone and Taylor's Bar are lazy stage designs. The concept of the stage is good and it’s something we haven’t seen before, merging multiple stages from previous titles into one stage into the next instalment is something no fighting game has done before. The idea is revolutionary and fresh, people need to learn when to be happy with something. At least the stage isn’t boxy and bland like stages from other fighters.

The most important thing : I can't wait to discover THE new DOA6 stage. The toilets stage.
IMG_20181213_214829.jpg

And I wonder if there will be dangerzones?
OMG
...Sorry

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD