Character you dont like fighting?

Argentus

I feel like every character is annoying at some point, but then it's not really the character, it's more like how the person I'm facing uses said character. I understand learning to deal with certain situations is good, HOWEVER, that doesn't make it fun whatsoever. I really hate having to play fucking stupid to beat certain strategies, because even when I win, I don't feel like I won, I feel like I just was irritated the whole time.
That is exactly why I get so irritated when people try to pull the "you're just mad cause you lost, you wouldn't be complaining if you won".

Yes. I would. Because just winning doesn't suddenly make it fun.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I know this may be general among DOA players but Gen Fu is really getting on my nerves these days. I can't seem to get out of his endless loops and blender. It's the guessing game that really bugs me. I would appreciate anti-Gen Fu strategies in the sense of: 1) Avoiding to get in his blender/vortex or 2) Getting out of his blender/vortex.

Also, Lisa is giving me trouble. I rely much on guarding and Lisa is doing constant guardbreaks which give her guaranteed hits. I also don't know what is best to do when she starts running because she has many running options. And when she has her back turned towards me, I get confused as well. Any tips?

For GenFu, learn to hold the second hit of 3PP, 3KPP/3KP6P, and the third hit of 6PPP. Taking away CH 3PP and 3KP really hurts his CH damage game in terms of trying to open you up, because he'll more, or less be forced to try and throw you since his lows are less than stellar, and thus a non-factor most of the time. If he free-cancels and just does 3P or 3K, try to learn to react to the free-cancel attempt, since he may be fishing around for a throw to open you up.

As for his throws, yeah, they hurt, ALOT. If you get grabbed by 236T, he can catch you to guarantee a 5K, followed-up by a mix-up. If possible, try to fuzzy guard the mix-up after the guaranteed 5K. The common follow-up attacks are Mid P's like 4P6P, Mid K's like 3KPP (or H+K if you derp and mash buttons at disadvantage) or highs like another K. If you get grabbed by 214T, particularly when backed into a corner, you get put in a more annoying 50/50 than Hitomi's 6T. It's a 50/50 between another 214T reset or a 16P which does a retarded amount of damage on Close Hit and Wall Splat. You can try to fuzzy guard the mix-up after 214T, but it's essentially a 50/50 between: Die now (16P), or die later (214T). If you happen to guess right and block 16P, at least it's throw punishable :rolleyes:. GenFu dominates in close range, so attempt to zone his dirty old ass since that will reduce him to using: 214P, 214PP, 66P and run-up 3KP mostly. 214P/P & 66P are annoying but are also Mid P's, which account for majority of his moveset. When in doubt, hold Mid P lol. :cool:

For Lisa, I'm not as familiar with her but she is really good in 5U. A slight tip that like most grapplers, not all her GB's are advantage. Learn which are and which aren't. I'll say that Lisa is pretty damn slow and I'm fairly certain that your characters are faster than her so feel free to stay in her face and pressure her. Her defense relies on spacing and crushes, oh and 4H+K. Fuck 4H+K! The move is unthrow-punishable on block and requires strike punishment that can reach within the time limit of -26. I.e. the slowest move than can punish it will be something i24 or faster. A pretty stupid move IMHO.

When she's BT, it'll likely be a 50/50 between her BT T or a launcher (though she can use her BT P+K, ass attack as a fast i12 safe poke). Actually most times she'll be in BT is when she's hit you with something that has led to BT such as 9K, so it's essentially dealing with a stun mix-up. Her common BT launchers are BT 4P (Mid P) and BT7K (High K) I think (unsure of the notations). Dunno if she has a BT Mid K launcher, though she might. If she's in BT from neutral, poke her out of it with a 5P, 6P, or 2P or something quick.

If she's running at you in Carrera stance she's likely to 66K (Mid K that can lead into another Carrera loop on hit or block), Running T (running jumping OH), P (High P) or H+K (running Low K). Carrera H+K is a reactable low that is -20 on block. Carrera T (Running T) is a somewhat slow jumping OH punishable by crouch then low throw. Carrera P is one of the quicker options and has a decent stun of about +13 on NH. Use a high crush move against it. Carrera K6 (or 66K6 Carrera loop) is the more abusable attack out of Carrera Stance and is a mix-up with Carrera T. 66K6 is a +6 GB on block (with the no Carrera 66K being -6). This will be the most common attack to deal with. It is sidesteppable and holdable (don't duck it though thinking it's high despite her clearly hitting you in the head lol). She can also use Carrera P+K to whiff punish you (It is a -18 GB however).

Yurlungur

also lisa has a really nasty jab game pp into bt can lead into some really nasty set ups as well so be wary of it

crapoZK

Standard Donor
also lisa has a really nasty jab game pp into bt can lead into some really nasty set ups as well so be wary of it
You can Jab her out of the twist for CH. It's really good, but online, I don't think it will happen. You will just get stuffed, lol :)

crapoZK

Standard Donor
but she has a mid punch after pp or a low drop kick
Yes, she does, but the twist is notably different to the follow-ups. If she does twist, you will know and you can easily jab from there. Stay blocking if you don't see a twist, that always works.

Either way, the PP mix-ups with Lisa are dirty.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Thanks for the heads up, but yeah, you can jab her out of it lol or even 2P if you're on point. But yeah, gotta set up that booty bump somehow :cool:!

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Thanks for the heads up, but yeah, you can jab her out of it lol or even 2P if you're on point. But yeah, gotta set up that booty bump somehow :cool:!
With Zack you can get a 7P if you are like, on-point.

but she has a low drop kick
You can jab her out of that too. Zack can 7P or 9K for launch, and then combo afterwards.

but she has a mid punch after pp
It is a high punch. You can duck it. 2P out of that.

Basically, 2P out of all of her options, lol. (Besides PP2K. that jumps over your low, so aim to jab when you see her jump.)

I can't stand fighting Jacky or Pai.... I feel as if they gave the VF fighters some pretty great skill. Even though I have only beat Arcade up to Hard, I still have issues attacking both. Either they block or hold, when I go in for a throw they attack, when I try to hold I get thrown. Maybe it's just that I'm a newbie, but these two characters I cannot fight....I can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I fought someone online who was using either one.

lotr9690

I know this may be general among DOA players but Gen Fu is really getting on my nerves these days. I can't seem to get out of his endless loops and blender. It's the guessing game that really bugs me. I would appreciate anti-Gen Fu strategies in the sense of: 1) Avoiding to get in his blender/vortex or 2) Getting out of his blender/vortex.

Also, Lisa is giving me trouble. I rely much on guarding and Lisa is doing constant guardbreaks which give her guaranteed hits. I also don't know what is best to do when she starts running because she has many running options. And when she has her back turned towards me, I get confused as well. Any tips?
Yes! I only know Lisa so well because I like to play as her. But I'll message you when I get a sec. I just feel too tired to be specific but she's a character you have to adapt to quickly in a match... more on this later. lol.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
The AI doesn't actually read your inputs per se, they just react to certain strings or setups or take actions based on the situation they're in. They don't always guess right and can be fooled.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Pretty sure it's exclusive to DOA, though I'm sure the topic is in general for the characters overall no matter where.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD