Digi's DoA5:U thoughts & expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
It would be NinjaCW trolling

Whoever it is, they're not wrong
He ain't the kind of person that would express himself in anonymity, even if he was trolling. He's outspoken enough on Facebook as it is.

David Gregg

More/bigger evasive movement options (even if they ARE universal...and yes I mean jumps IDGAF), more strict counter hold system, and less tracking are the essential things needed for this game to truly take off the ground IMO.

Alright au_im_digimon let's take a time out for a sec.
21cs7m1.jpg

You have some good points that I like (even if I disagree on the jumping) but there's no real control we have over what TN decides to do to the game. I think we all need to just wait for it be released, see how gameplay is, and then go from there. There is a VERY good chance that more high level play is on the way with not only Ultimate's release, but also the F2P and the arcade versions.

2 more months to go people it's too early for meltdowns.

Brute

Standard Donor
Personally I hated jumping. If I hold 9, I want to move forward and up or ready myself for a 9-based attack input, not leap into the air like some half-assed inline skater.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
IMO I am for jumping to return in the DOA series. You said jumping never worked like it did in other fighters which is true (VF5FS being the best). However, that doesn't mean that it can't be reworked to make it more efficient and viable.
-IMO Everything do not need to be universal amongst 3D fighters(or even within the same game). As you mention, Jumping is very good in VF5FS, that is apart of its over arching design. It is not in DOA. If jumping and the like is something players would like to do, than use a character that specialize in such techniques. Lets not pretend that the technique is not in the game at all.

Honestly, if TN spent more time on reworking other mechanics instead of bringing in new things we might have a better game. Hopefully they do this with DOA6.
-This do not make any sense to your argument at all. You would like for Team Ninja to work on a Jumping mechanic, but fault them for bringing in others. From the look of things, Team Ninja is doing a lot more than bringing in new things, and is reworking other mechanics while balancing the game. This is a process that is no different than What VF went through. VF5 wasn't right on its first try and had to go through many revisions before VF5FS was finalized.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Just dont be surprized if the game gets a patch down the line to address some community issues if need be. But from the way things are going, that might not even happen at all.

To my understanding, the reason so much time is being spent on balance and ironing out is to avoid another incident like doa5 (going through 4 patches) happening again.

They want it to play out right from the get go and I respect that. Especially since they have an arcade version to be compared to.

Kinda like how back in the good ol days where you just had to live with the home version since its just not gonna change. Because for the most part they got it right from the start.

With all the changes we're getting for the entire cast, we might as well call this doa6 anyway. Don't expect the exact same game and exact same characters. Otherwise what the hell is the point?

However, the core elements that were placed in DOA5 in order to improve the system from its previous games will remain intact. I'm saying this to reassure you all.

People need to relax.

S

SolemnSaturn

IMO a patch for DOA5U will happen, because the game is reaching the arcades and as far as I know the top players in japan play in the arcades, so they will play the game and will give TN a feedback. I just hope that are less patches than vanilla doa5. And IMO I don't think that will be to much changes in characters "to call this doa6" I mean It will not change so much the play style(is this word right? My english is not that good.) of the characters
This is just my thoughts about it I have no intention to go against you point EMPEROR_COW, respect you point..its just how I'm thinking about this, and I hope that the changes are for the best.

Zeo

Interesting how people hate revisions and buying the same game a 2nd time but those same people want the game to improve and want more content but for whatever reason want to wait a long period of time to get it and pay for DLC when it would all together probably cost more than just buying another disc.

And further more, those same people didn't seem to have any trouble with VF5 going to VF5R.... then VF5FS. In fact I'm pretty sure the majority of America was pissed off and jealous that we didn't get it. I wonder if those same people would have been complaining about having to buy VF5 again if R had been announced to come to the states right off the bat.

ScattereDreams

And further more, those same people didn't seem to have any trouble with VF5 going to VF5R.... then VF5FS.

VF5R and FS were meant to be arcade games ONLY. But the American VF FGC and French VF players petitioned Sega/AM2 to bring it to consoles. The game had extraordinary changes/great differences that set it apart from VF5 vanilla. Not to mention with FS XBLA release it was one of those games you couldn't turn down due to its pricing; you got so much for so little. Honestly i'm not seeing the "GREAT" changes that sets DOA5U apart from DOA5 vanilla. Characters, stages, and costumes are always good but I want changes overall to the system did TN make to give "ULTIMATE" it's signature?

Zeo

VF5R and FS were meant to be arcade games ONLY. But the American VF FGC and French VF players petitioned Sega/AM2 to bring it to consoles. The game had extraordinary changes/great differences that set it apart from VF5 vanilla. Not to mention with FS XBLA release it was one of those games you couldn't turn down due to its pricing; you got so much for so little. Honestly i'm not seeing the "GREAT" changes that sets DOA5U apart from DOA5 vanilla. Characters, stages, and costumes are always good but I want changes overall to the system did TN make to give "ULTIMATE" it's signature?

We still don't know that much about the game yet. VF5's transition to R and FS had new stages but only 2 new characters in comparison to Ultimate's 5.

As far as the system goes, you can't outwardly tell from low level or trailer gameplay but it could be potentially changed on a deeper level. All sit-downs guaranteeing launch/CB and/or every character getting more + frame moves alone is enough to justify the "Ultimate" signature it's been given. The game may benefit from an overhaul but all it really needs to do is refine a few small things to greatly improve the current system.

ScattereDreams

We still don't know that much about the game yet. VF5's transition to R and FS had new stages but only 2 new characters in comparison to Ultimate's 5.

As far as the system goes, you can't outwardly tell from low level or trailer gameplay but it could be potentially changed on a deeper level. All sit-downs guaranteeing launch/CB and/or every character getting more + frame moves alone is enough to justify the "Ultimate" signature it's been given. The game may benefit from an overhaul but all it really needs to do is refine a few small things to greatly improve the current system.

Meh.. hard to say, I won't continue to put too much trust into TN anymore as they haven't really done much of lately besides disappoint.

Omegan Eckhart

I still have no idea why some sit down stuns are like -3 on block whilst guaranteeing CB and others are -11 on block whilst only being +13 guaranteeing nothing.

Viable sit down stuns should be as universal as holds. The balance being that characters who have high damage output and godlly pokes like say Jann Lee shouldn't have as many as say Helena (assuming she loses her PFT).

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
When the changelog comes out for DOA5 Ultimate, that's when we decide what's good and what's bad. In the meantime, relax.

As for the jumping mechanic, I would not like it to return. Sure Tekken Tag 2 and VF5FS had it, but in newer DOA games (from 4 to 5 Ultimate) I just don't see it working. However, I wish most of us American players used the Sidestep option a bit more.

Argentus

When the changelog comes out for DOA5 Ultimate, that's when we decide what's good and what's bad. In the meantime, relax.

As for the jumping mechanic, I would not like it to return. Sure Tekken Tag 2 and VF5FS had it, but in newer DOA games (from 4 to 5 Ultimate) I just don't see it working. However, I wish most of us American players used the Sidestep option a bit more.

We'd use it a lot more if it were more viable. I use it constantly, but nearly everything tracks regardless, so its mostly useless. It's just habit for me, which is why I continue to use it.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
VirtuaKazama said:

-Exactly. No need to get overly pessimistic over a DEMO(which is months behind the actual current build), an incomplete version of the game. Once we actually get the game in our hands, we can get an accurate view of the changes, and how it will affect the game.

au_im_digimon

Lets not pretend that the technique is not in the game at all.

it's NOT. moves that tech jump DOES NOT equal, jumping. it's not even the same thing. I can't choose which direction i want to jump. I can't decided if I want to empty jump or jump delay into a mid or low.

I don't even understand why veteran players like yourself find it acceptable that fighting games lack basic universal system mechanics. especially in 3d fighters.

I think posting this thread was really a waste of time. My major gripes with DoA is the system mechanics. Shitty scrubby ass counters MID HIT STUN (guess you guys don't even understand when someone sarcastically says "Counter Better") and lack of universal evasive options. Most grounded and boring 3d fighting game series ever.

Honestly there's ZERO reason to play DoA over VF. If only more people in the U.S weren't so fucking stupid and knew good fighting games when they see em.

I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD