Status
Not open for further replies.

P2p1mbs

Its just that it
A) is really lackluster compared to the rest
And
B) one of those "would have been better on a different girl" kinda outfits

At least she got something, that's more than you can say for Leon, right? TN clearly cares about her enough to put in the effort to make something.

Argentus

At least she got something, that's more than you can say for Leon, right? TN clearly cares about her enough to put in the effort to make something.
Lol if that were true these would be original costumes, not more crossover junk.

Tn doesn't even like Mila, I'm pretty sure. Maybe one notch above Lisa on their totem pole, but that's still below ground level.

SoftCabbage

If nobody bought any dlc we'd have been stuck with DOA5 vanilla and no plans to continue the series period.
Without first evaluating the situation through feedback and research as to why nobody would buy their DLC, followed by checking out the statistic of active players, community, etc?

Tn doesn't even like Mila, I'm pretty sure. Maybe one notch above Lisa on their totem pole, but that's still below ground level.
TN doesn't seem to like any girl with short hair

Chapstick

Without first evaluating the situation through feedback and research as to why nobody would buy their DLC, followed by checking out the statistic of active players, community, etc?
From what I heard a while back, DOA5 only came about because DOAD sold some copies and DOAD was basically made to test the waters. If DOA5 stayed unsuccessful I'm not sure they would have spent anymore effort on it. But, considering Razor's Edge, I could be wrong.
TN doesn't seem to like any girl with short hair
:ayane:

Xhominid The Demon Within

It doesn't speak so well about a game if in order to survive, their developers have to get the money from costumes DLC, not because of the game itself.

That's gaming these days honestly. Koei Tecmo doesn't have the money to go crazy with these days to placate fans of Japan and America like they used to(especially with things like the Warriors series)

Funny enough, SF5 is on the same roadmap and it's not really doing so hot sales-wise anyways(to Projection rates or to overall satisfaction)

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Funny enough, SF5 is on the same roadmap and it's not really doing so hot sales-wise anyways(to Projection rates or to overall satisfaction)

Actually yes they are. Before no, now? yes. When Capcom started selling SFV within the same week of release people were highly disappointed with the lack of content from the game itself. It's as if the game was worth $30. However when the DLC characters started to come..the sales of the game and community started to expand, DLC is always the phase of spending money and exposure because it brings something new to the table. SF consumers (especially for SFV) will get hype off of anything DLC+update related because the original game itself lacked replay value aside from online where it was more or so focused towards getting players for competitive gaming. Just look at the poorly done story mode that looks like it was done on Microsoft Power Point, terrible...though the DLC content manages to make some of them forget. A powerful trick by Capcom that usually works too.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

Actually yes they are. Before no, now? yes. When Capcom started selling SFV within the same week of release people were highly disappointed with the lack of content from the game itself. It's as if the game was worth $30. However when the DLC characters started to come..the sales of the game and community started to expand, DLC is always the phase of spending money and exposure because it brings something new to the table. SF consumers (especially for SFV) will get hype off of anything DLC+update related because the original game itself lacked replay value aside from online where it was more or so focused towards getting players for competitive gaming. Just look at the poorly done story mode that looks like it was done on Microsoft Power Point, terrible...though the DLC content manages to make some of them forget. A powerful trick by Capcom that usually works too.

I don't know...the main problem with that practice is now that SFV is now DEPENDENT on that DLC even moreso than DOA is(and that's a feat honestly) since there is plenty of people who echo that SFV's core gameplay is while solid, is so devoid of any actual depth that they drop off pretty fast.

So basically, it's a strategy that will save their asses, but either people will get tired of it like we are with DOA5's same costume strategy or people will drop off because the gameplay finally bored them out.

Dark-truth

Because no one plays DOA for the male characters. NOBODY. We only exist in TN's darkest, alcohol-fueled nightmares...

That and probably even if people who like the male characters exist, they're not as willing to put up their houses as collateral to buy a whole bunch of DLC for them like fans of the female characters are.
Uhm sorry but I almost have all raidou's hayate's and ryu's DLC, so yeah I am willing to put up my house as a collateral.

Rifaz89

CiU1-vYWUAA7Ft-

The whole set everyone !

Christie's and Tina's looks gorgeous... and maybe if Rachel didn't have that rainbow-rope-thingie she'll look a tad better.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
What about her first time costume (her old wrestling outfit) or her ninja theme suit? Those were relatively sensible by her standards.
Her collaboration ones are also quite tame from what she usually gets. And let's not forget her Red Riding hood Halloween costume :p

P2p1mbs

Her collaboration ones are also quite tame from what she usually gets. And let's not forget her Red Riding hood Halloween costume :p

I personally wouldn't call her Senran Kagura Mashup outfit decent. As I've said before though, it seems perfectly in character for her to dress like that so it still works overall. I wouldn't put it past her to treat the other doa girls like Katsuragi does in her series ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD