Status
Not open for further replies.

SoftCabbage

DW title has been halted for years, while SW4 is still going on. That's first and most sensible.

Secondly, their SW franchise tend to get used by Japan's official historical event or show for something like sponsor or such, I don't know. Sometimes TV show related to Sengoku Jidai history may use characters from SW to the related topic being shown. This kind of thing are always informed around their Japanese FB and Twitter.

Third, most likely because DOA's front faces are Japanese. Ninjas, not bunch of Chinese kung fu men.

Fourth, you should know they're prioritizing Japan fanbase first and SW series just go hand-in-hand in this case, which also goes back to point 2 where SW is 'used' in Japan.

Argentus

DW title has been halted for years, while SW4 is still going on. That's first and most sensible.

Secondly, their SW franchise tend to get used by Japan's official historical event or show for something like sponsor or such, I don't know. Sometimes TV show related to Sengoku Jidai history may use characters from SW to the related topic being shown. This kind of thing are always informed around their Japanese FB and Twitter.

Third, most likely because DOA's front faces are Japanese. Ninjas, not bunch of Chinese kung fu men.

Fourth, you should know they're prioritizing Japan fanbase first and SW series just go hand-in-hand in this case, which also goes back to point 2 where SW is 'used' in Japan.
Halted for years?

DW 8 Empires came out last year. With 8xl and 8 in the years before that.

Didn't know about Japanese history shows using sw versions. Would definitely explain it.

So basically comes down to the usual "japan doesn't like anything that's not Japanese".

I guess that means those abs and bulge are fake. Not really surprising when you think about it; between constantly getting beaten by ryu, getting captured and never being featured in ninja gaiden unlike his sisters, he must feel REALLY inadequate...

The next pack is a valentine's day theme due feb 16 with 34 costumes then after that, on march 22 is the new girl, new stage and a Samurai Warriors Mashup Set with 30 costumes (presumably one for everyone but the VF characters)

Thanks! I wonder what we will see Stage?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Just a heads up DW8 is DW7 in Japan. So what Soft Cabbage is actually referring to is DW9.
Black-Guy-Meme-Question-Marks-18.gif

AsheMann21

It's a little complicated. Only in Japan are the games 1 number behind because the very first Dynasty Warriors was a fighting game and not a "true" hack n slash

I still wanna know, why Samurai Warriors rather than Dynasty Warriors? Has anyone asked TN? I mean I'm guessing just because japan over china, but isn't DW the bigger franchise of the two? I feel like everyone knows what Dynasty Warriors is, but much less are aware of SW. (Then there's also that European knights version)

I think it's because Samurai Warriors 4 Empires is due for release sometime this year. Which (not so) coincidentally happens to be around mid-March

Last edited:

lotr9690

*coughs* Burai Zenin! *coughs*
Even if they did Burai Zenin they may do the "dry" version which would just sounds like something they would do.
latest
I hope they just add aerial gardens with rain.
Honestly though, if they just did Burai Zenin with rain I'd be okay with it. I miss weather.

Macca Beam

Meh, I'd rather have this over another set of bikini or grimderp armors. The fact that everything's wacky and colorful out of the ass really helps with the game's terrible visibility

And I hope those Ryu and Raidou costumes are kept in the future games

Chapstick

It'd be a good choice but such a boring choice tbh how many schoolgirl outfits are in this game let alone sailor ones

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Not Athena because Honoka needs another school girl outfit (can't see them anymore! D: ) but because Athena is Honoka just in comic style and I was amazed Argentus didn't make the connection.
It's like wondering who Akira might cosplay when releasing Street Fighter DLC. XD
Hmm...I wonder...

I'm sure Athena was one of TN inspirations when designing Honoka (beside obviously Love Life! Honoka).

Argentus

Not Athena because Honoka needs another school girl outfit (can't see them anymore! D: ) but because Athena is Honoka just in comic style and I was amazed Argentus didn't make the connection.
It's like wondering who Akira might cosplay when releasing Street Fighter DLC. XD
Hmm...I wonder...

I'm sure Athena was one of TN inspirations when designing Honoka (beside obviously Love Life! Honoka).
I actually did make the connection first time I did that but for some reason forgot this time lol

SoftCabbage

Just a heads up DW8 is DW7 in Japan. So what Soft Cabbage is actually referring to is DW9.

Wut???

I addressed DW8 as DW8, instead of Shin Sangoku Musou 7 just so western users don't get confused.

And I meant DW8 as DW8. Not Shin Sangoku Musou 8 which would be DW9 in the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD