Do you want to see more diversity in DoA's character designs?

Do you want to see more diversity in DoA's character designs?

• Total voters

human013

Add a demon or mythical themed character. Or a cyborg like Raiden. Or someone who wears power armor to fight. Random people should not be able to go toe to toe with ninjas. Utilize the fantasy element of DOA more. No need to limit it to humans.

My head will probably be put on a pike for this but I don't care about skin color. Design and execution are more important.

KwonJigglypuff

Types of characters that could be nice :
- a loli exotic dancer (Talim, Pullum, erm... Josie?)
- a mature Asian female (Taki, Juri, Jun)
- a more-or-less manly dandy (Cervantes, Vega, Chaolan)
- a weirdo/creature/animal (Voldo, Blanka, Gigas)

kejaris

Standard Donor
Team Ninja needs to look at Tekken as far as diversity. I remember that a poll was made for DOA 5 and I said you need more diverse characters in the game or a create a fighter mode.

Okay you can now change a lot of features on a fighter in this game but how about a player created fighter with a pre destined backstory? Maybe choose from about 4 or 5 and have them link to established characters, you now have a good reason to buy more costumes now to set you fighter up as a more unique person.

Or if TN are going to make their own please for the love of GOD, NO MORE LOLI'S!!!!! And get more guys in the game and women older than their teens fighting.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Team Ninja needs to look at Tekken as far as diversity. I remember that a poll was made for DOA 5 and I said you need more diverse characters in the game or a create a fighter mode.

Okay you can now change a lot of features on a fighter in this game but how about a player created fighter with a pre destined backstory? Maybe choose from about 4 or 5 and have them link to established characters, you now have a good reason to buy more costumes now to set you fighter up as a more unique person.

Or if TN are going to make their own please for the love of GOD, NO MORE LOLI'S!!!!! And get more guys in the game and women older than their teens fighting.
Create a fighter mode? No thanks. I don’t want to see self made uglies of others on my tv screen.

I agree with the no more loli’s but we haven’t gotten a little girl since the release of Kula Diamond. I agree with what you’re saying though.

kejaris

Standard Donor
Also I would like better costumes instead of the usual same themes. Holiday, maids,wedding, witches? Yawn, go on Pinterest or some other site for better inspiration for these outfits. Or get some more sporty stuff.
A summer dress and hat dosent look very fight worthy.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I just want some more males tbh. I want some cute young guys with more current gen personalities besides the apprentices and warrior type personalities that the guys already have xD I really feel like this year for DOA FEST if they have it, they should do a 4 category character design tournament so that way maybe in 2021 we can have at least 4 new characters with varied designs. But make it inclusive and not so centered on the Japanese ideals since western players have alot of good ideas too

kejaris

Standard Donor
Yeah some more guys would be nice. I mean MEN not little pretty boys like Elliot. Dudes that look like they can beat the soul outta you. I want more Rachel, Tina sized women of different nationalities too. Maybe a Gal Gadot clone?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah some more guys would be nice. I mean MEN not little pretty boys like Elliot. Dudes that look like they can beat the soul outta you. I want more Rachel, Tina sized women of different nationalities too. Maybe a Gal Gadot clone?
IMG_20200304_123443.jpg

I wouldn't say Eliot is little imo since he's pretty beefy now in DOA6 xD I think some younget guys about 19 to 22 would be good tho since there's a whole lot of different, more fresh character types they can use like valley boys, etc. And I wouldn't mind maybe a bitchy arrogant socialite girl who's about 21 to 22 who's like a tall statuesque girl xD

kejaris

Standard Donor
Well Tekken has Lilly and Street Fighter has Karin so why not? But no more blondes or blue hair! Can I get her as a fiery Ginger with Rachels body? Grrr

KwonJigglypuff

Create a fighter mode? No thanks. I don’t want to see self made uglies of others on my tv screen.

I agree with the no more loli’s but we haven’t gotten a little girl since the release of Kula Diamond. I agree with what you’re saying though.

That should not prevent them from creating such a mode. Just give us an option where you can block online customization.

And honestly I'd rather have such a mode than being stuck for ten years with Japanese only female characters.

MC625

"Nothing against Japanese women", i think he meant.
sorry I just quoted wrong.
I was talking about an iranian character in DOA. I can live with one in MK with burka and everything but in DOA? no please, only add a character that uses persian wrestling and I will be happy with our presentation, thank you.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I was talking about an iranian character in DOA. I can live with one in MK with burka and everything but in DOA? no please, only add a character that uses persian wrestling and I will be happy with our presentation, thank you.
Just because someone is Middle Eastern doesn’t automatically mean they’re Muslim or religious. Tina is from the south and we don’t assume she’s Christian. Also, what’s wrong with burka’s? It would be cool to see a character completely covered except their eyes.

kejaris

Standard Donor
It could add mystery to the woman but what fighting style would a character like that use? Also outfits would be kinda limited and definitely no bikinis!

KwonJigglypuff

Iranian female don't wear the burqa. It was banned 80+ years ago. Only a very few extremists peasants do it.

Anyway, outside of their country, they don't have to wear hijab (scarf) either. Having a DOA character from Iran would positively destroy that stereotype.

Iranian females have always been glamourous and feminine and using cosmetics for 5000+ years. And veryyy beautiful (I'm gay but still, true goddesses).

It is still at the bottom in terms of women's rights for sure, but don't mix up Iran with Pakistan or even India.

Edit: just to be clear, I'm not saying Iran is as "free" as Europe or the US, like you cannot wear a bikini in public. The Islamic law is present. Female modesty is a thing.
But let's decrease ethnocentrism as much as we can : just as much as I believe you don't have to be half-naked to be feminine, you should not think our culture is "normal" - having ads with half-naked girls all over the streets.

Last edited:

MC625

Iranian female don't wear the burqa. It was banned 80+ years ago. Only a very few extremists peasants do it.
Banned? what? people are free to wear anything they like here but it should not be too revealing. (should obey what quran says)
I think it was 10 years ago, people were arrested for wearing revealing outfits but now government is not as sensitive as then.

Anyway, outside of their country, they don't have to wear hijab (scarf) either. Having a DOA character from Iran would positively destroy that stereotype.
Correct

Just because someone is Middle Eastern doesn’t automatically mean they’re Muslim or religious.
but I think like 90% in middle east are Muslim so we can assume 90% that's true.
but not all Iranians live in Iran. some live in US, some live in Europe so maybe we can have an Iranian that lives outside Iran.

It would be cool to see a character completely covered except their eyes.
isn't phase-4 default costume like that except for her face being covered?

Also, what’s wrong with burka’s?
it's as wrong in a fighting games as bikinis or high heels. how can someone fight in something like that? but hey DOA is not that realistic so whatever.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD