DoA 5 Gen Fu topic.

TRI Mike

The reason he's OP is simple... no one would use this geezer otherwise. Helena and Lisa can be utter trash but they still have boobs

That's only how you and the people from that other forum think. Fu is amazing and I think players who say he's "lame", "old" or "ugly" shouldn't even play the game to begin with. Gen Fu has placed better in tournaments than any of the girls in all the games in the franchise.

synce

I'm just sayin' bruh. No one wants to play an old guy who's low tier too. I only play DOA but I'm willing to bet almost every fighting game's token old guy is high tier :cool:

TRI Mike

I have no idea if the old guys in other fighting games are top tier or not since I'm only familiar with this franchise and Virtua but refusing to play Fu because his model is a senior Chinese martial artist is illogical.

Omegan Eckhart

That's only how you and the people from that other forum think. Fu is amazing and I think players who say he's "lame", "old" or "ugly" shouldn't even play the game to begin with. Gen Fu has placed better in tournaments than any of the girls in all the games in the franchise.
Of course he has always placed higher than any of the girls he has ALWAYS been top tier! He has always been substantially better than the vast majority of the cast. And yes he is amazing, you can win with him without having to learn a large move set or doing much. Hooray!

I can win easily with him just by using:
:6::P:
:236::F+P:
:8::P:
:3::P+K:

You know why he is referred to as a tournament character? Cause he is piss easy to use and piss easy to win with.

Tenren

his crush's were ok, He could be crushed out like anyone else. Juggles were ok damage but worn't very long. He had no range. So dealing with Hayate/Ayane/Tengu/Nicole was a pain. Crappy launchers. His poke game is heavey with lows n mids.
The only real good things were he could push you into a gradable sit down stun, mix ups, parry's, and an SS attack that crush's everything even walk up kicks if done right. To be the only non-ninja to be top tier in 4 he still had his down sides. To me the only thing that made him really good was no 1 played him so no 1 knew how to play against him

Omegan Eckhart

his crush's were ok, He could be crushed out like anyone else.
Juggles were ok damage but worn't very long.
He had no range. So dealing with Hayate/Ayane/Tengu/Nicole was a pain. Crappy launchers. His poke game is heavey with lows n mids.
The only real good things were he could push you into a gradable sit down stun, mix ups, parry's, and an SS attack that crush's everything even walk up kicks if done right. To be the only non-ninja to be top tier in 4 he still had his down sides. To me the only thing that made him really good was no 1 played him so no 1 knew how to play against him

Okay let me qualify this by saying that I'm not trying to be rude but most of what you said is incorrect.

First off the ninja's did not occupy top tier, Busa > Gen Fu > Helena > Spartan. One ninja out of four made it into top tier.
You said his crushes were okay, have you ever used his :3::P+K:? That thing trashes everything, just like Helena's :P+K: and Busa's :2::F+K:.
His juggles did great damage, :3::K::P::6::P: was great for air juggles and if there was a wall vaguely close it would add wall damage as well. I don't understand your comment about his juggles being short, in about 5 or 6 hits he does more damage than Helena can do in 12 hits, short combo's are not detrimental to his game play. It just makes him easier to play.
His poke game was heavy cause his :6::P: beat everything except 9/10 frame jabs. He pokes a lot cause he knows you can't do much about his about it outside of guessing a counter. His lows are shit, I'll give you that.
His launchers are not crappy. :8::P: :3::P+K: :8::K: all great launchers, all different hit levels. Plus the first two have almost identical animations making them impossible to react to.

The things that made him top tier in DOA4 were his godly pokes, high damage output, the fact that he was very safe, his learning curve was the equivalent of nose diving off of a tall building, his side step attack worked great, he could crush almost everything and his launchers were varied enough to keep you guessing.

Saying he is an okay character with average damage, mediocre crushes and crappy launchers is just wrong.

Tenren

Well then maybe I sub Fu and just didn't notice lol
Probably, I can dominate very well with Gen Fu and I have never practiced with him once.

lol Im going to agree with Dr.Dogg and say you have already contradicted yourself saying you never practice with him. Or you just don't practice with anyone. Almost everyone has either a 9 or 10 frame punch. His :6::P: can be crushed out. His launchers are crappy cuz he can only do 4-6 hits and needs wall damage to keep up with thos who dont. The two launchers :8::P: :3::P+K: do not look alike. :8::P: stands in place and hits up with his chest facing player 2 while :3::P+K: takes a crouching step forward before the hit with his chest either facing the screen or away. A high lev player can see the deff. His :3: :K::P::6::P: juggle only works on light weights or counter blow. His Juggle :8::P: :3::K::P::6::P: on counter blow and wall splat only does 77damage while :3::P+K: :3::K::P::6::P: does 89 with counter blow and wall splat. Most of the cast can do this with out wall splat. Oh and btw he was my second in 4 and 3 and prolly will be my second in 5

Omegan Eckhart

I was joking, I have never taken Fu into training mode what so ever.

Almost everyone has 9/10 frame jabs? Are you sure about that? Helena does not, neither does Leon or Tina or Bayman or Bass or La Mariposa or Tengu or Brad Wong. Only two characters have 9 frame jabs, do you know who they are?

His :6::P: is pretty easy to crush? Okay outside of characters that can crush mid attacks, Fu, Helena and Busa how many characters can crush it?

You are saying that :3::K::P::6::P: only works on lightweights or counter right? I just did :3::P+K: on a mid weight on counter hit and :3::K::P::6::P: connected. 69 points of damage, pretty respectable for a simple high crush launch.

Are you saying his damage is average because that's the best damage you can get off of a high crush with no additional stun? You are getting a basic launch off of a high crush, how much damage do expect to get off of that? I just did :3::K::P: :3::P: :3::P+K: :3::K::P::6::P: 108 points of damage for a 7 hit combo! That is why his damage output is considered high, 108 points of damage off of 7 hits!

I'm usually polite but if you want to refer to yourself as high lev and then write all that crap that is completely wrong I will call you on it.

Jefffcore

DOA4 Gen Fu is crazy, the only character that should really give him trouble is Busa. He has the ability to crush what only 2 other characters can (but his are safe), parries, the fastest high kick in the game, and good range.

8P is a high that crushes high, and 3P+K is a mid that crushes mid and high. Personally I never bothered with 8P, If I thought someone will hold I throw or go for 8K.

Omegan Eckhart

DOA4 Gen Fu is crazy, the only character that should really give him trouble is Busa. He has the ability to crush what only 2 other characters can (but his are safe), parries, the fastest high kick in the game, and good range.

8P is a high that crushes high, and 3P+K is a mid that crushes mid and high. Personally I never bothered with 8P, If I thought someone will hold I throw or go for 8K.
Gen Fu would win the Busa match up if he wasn't so punch dependant and Busa didn't have his izuna holds.

Jefffcore

Nah. At neutral it's who guesses better, but 'Busa wrote the Bible on untechable set ups, and he does more damage.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD