DoA 5 Gen Fu topic.

Omegan Eckhart

Nah. At neutral it's who guesses better, but 'Busa wrote the Bible on untechable set ups, and he does more damage.
I counted about 47 untechable set ups with Helena last time I checked. Busa's still a bigger f&*$£!t though I won't disagree with that lol

Tenren

I was joking, I have never taken Fu into training mode what so ever.
Almost everyone has 9/10 frame jabs? Are you sure about that? Helena does not, neither does Leon or Tina or Bayman or Bass or La Mariposa or Tengu or Brad Wong. Only two characters have 9 frame jabs, do you know who they are?
His :6::P: is pretty easy to crush? Okay outside of characters that can crush mid attacks, Fu, Helena and Busa how many characters can crush it?
You are saying that :3::K::P::6::P: only works on lightweights or counter right? I just did :3::P+K: on a mid weight on counter hit and :3::K::P::6::P: connected. 69 points of damage, pretty respectable for a simple high crush launch.
Are you saying his damage is average because that's the best damage you can get off of a high crush with no additional stun? You are getting a basic launch off of a high crush, how much damage do expect to get off of that? I just did :3::K::P: :3::P: :3::P+K: :3::K::P::6::P: 108 points of damage for a 7 hit combo! That is why his damage output is considered high, 108 points of damage off of 7 hits!
I'm usually polite but if you want to refer to yourself as high lev and then write all that crap that is completely wrong I will call you on it.

uh your giving me a headache
No he is right that only Kasumi & Christie. Zacks is 10. I was saying most of the cast have either a 9 or 10 frame punch and if they dont they have an 11 frame. Even tengus :3::P: i believe is 10 frames. Id have to look. I believe Lisa is the slowest with a 12 frame jab. Take your time and read the frame date i posted up a year ago http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/why-is-doa-4-0-better-than-4-1.485/

Everyone can crush his :6::P: with a low attack, even some mids can crush it out. Its an 11 frame attack so any with a 10 frame or faster jab can beat it out. Jann Lee has the only true mid in the game. Also crush means you pushed the button after they started theirs and your attack beat it out.

I said that juggle only works on either light weight or with a counter blow. You just proved me right by saying you did it on a med weight with a counter hit. 69 points of damage on a counter blow is weak. Kasumi basic ppppp string dose 62. Heres a good tip. You can also get away with a better juggle but still using the counter blow :3::P+K: but hold keep holding :3: then follow with :K::F: then your normal combo. If timed right you can refloat then with :6_::K:, Its an option select. Since your holding the :3: it tricks DOA into thing your using :6_:. Also playing as Busa or Hayate I can juggle combo 115 damage all day and even get 150 with 2 wall splats. Fus damage is ok but not high.

I never once refereed to myself as high lev. I have however played in the WCG also in CGS online qualifiers, god knows how many online tournaments and other offline but never place top 3. Ive also been part of the community for about 10 years and have played competitively since DOA3. But if I can state the facts have the frame data to prove it and have then i must be high level lol

One last thing. If you never practice or took the time to learn Gen Fu dont try to teach others please.

Jefffcore

Everyone can crush his :6::P: with a low attack, even some mids can crush it out. Jann Lee has the only true mid in the game. Also crush means you pushed the button after they started theirs and your attack beat it out.

That's not quite accurate. Only 3 characters have the ability to crush mids at 0 frames. Bayman for example can crush mids with his low sweep, and Hayate can jump over it with 214p, but neither work instantly.

A crush means your hit box changes to avoid there's.

Tenren

Jeff I used hayates :1::P:. Fu's punch would go threw hayates head but hayate would still win. I did the same with Lees :1::P: and :2::P: also tested with kasumi. I didnt test out mids as much thow. I just dumb down the meaning of crush maybe i shouldn't have lol

Omegan Eckhart

#1 There is no such thing as a 10 frame mid poke in DOA4. 11 frames are the fastest.
#2 Name me another character who gets more damage off of a basic high crush launch.
#3 Some characters have 12 frame jabs.
#4 Everyone can crush Gen Fu's 6P with a low? Really? That is the most stupid thing I have heard in a long time.
#5 Hayate's juggle damage is the highest in the game.

I'm lmao reading your post, you say you've been at this for 10 years and you still don't know what you are talking about. You honestly believe that every character can crush Gen Fu's 6P with a low? How does that work? Lows lose to mid's based on speed and their hit boxes do not lower enough to avoid a mid attack, with the exception of Busa's 2F+K. You can't even beat it out on speed as the fastest low in the game is 12 frames.

High's > Mids based on speed
Mid's > Lows based on speed
Lows > High's based on hit box data (crush)

I'm gonna give up here seeing as I keep correcting the completely wrong information you are posting and you proceed to post more of it anyway. I suggest you ask some decent players about this crap your posting. If you can find a reputable player who agrees that you can universally use lows to crush mid's I'll give you a cookie.

RoboJoe

I was thinking of giving Gen Fu a go in doa5 since he is pretty fun to play as, so I came in here looking for Gen Fu info and I find two people who both look like they know what they're talking about giving different info. I don't know what to believe.

Tenren

RoboJoe just run there training and wait for the guide. We can argue all day long but in the end the game isnt out yet

Jefffcore

Why are we talking about DOA4 Gen Fu in the DOA5 Gen Fu topic?
Because DOA5 isn't out to be able to talk about DOA5 Gen Fu. These threads didn't really need to be made yet :p

I was thinking of giving Gen Fu a go in doa5 since he is pretty fun to play as, so I came in here looking for Gen Fu info and I find two people who both look like they know what they're talking about giving different info. I don't know what to believe.

It's all for DOA4

Snipeclips

I am loving this man right now, why isn't there anything more about, especially after its release? I would kill for someone to give me the ins and outs of him.

TRI Mike

Just did Command Training with him. He doesn't seem to have gotten any new moves or animations since DOA2. If the online were better I'd try him out but...

McNamara

Gen fu is great, his best DOA 4 tool :3::P+K: (now :1: :P+K: ) has a slight step back. This makes the other player whiffs and get hit on Counter strike.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD