Media #DOA20 - DOA: Dead or Alive (2006)

SilverForte

Ryu wasn't even Ryu tbh, they should have gotten the actors father, Sho Kosugi, to play Ryu instead, he was in a bunch of campy ninja movies but at least he looked pretty awesome in em.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
OH my gosh. lol
Wooow... What's the deal with Bass getting all bashful at the implied sex between his daughter and Christie? Wouldn't he be more like "What are you doing to my daughter?!!!" Just saying. But it's nice to know Bass wouldn't overreact if his daughter was a lesbian haha. So that's a plus for Bass! I always knew he had a surprisingly open mind.

Bass was played by Kevin Nash, pretty much a guarantee that all his scenes would be camp lol.

Although the movie commits almost every offense there is, the #1 offense it commits is making Ryu Hayabusa look like a bitch. Never make Ryu Hayabusa look like a bitch.

P2p1mbs

One of the reasons I enjoyed this movie was the fact that my mains at the time (Tina and Christie) were main characters. My cousin actually recommended that I watch it since he knew how big a fan I am of the games and mained Tina. I watched it at the theater once then twice more a week later. I even still have a vcd of it somewhere.

What did you Helena fans think of how they presented her? Out of all the main girls featured, she was the most different from how she is in the games so I imagine you were all really pissed. Also, I hated how they pronounced her name, did no one involved in the movie ever used her? Even until now, I get annoyed whenever someone says her name wrong, and I don't even use her.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Sad thing is that this movie also means Lionsgate has the license rights to any sort of Ninja Gaiden or Ryu Hayabusa movie.

Dark-truth

Oh this movie was so bad, the story wasn't accurate at all, ayane wasn't even Asian like da fuck how can she not be Asian, the only things I liked about the movie was kasumi Christie and the fact that hayabusa wasn't overrated. Ohh and that the Leon actor was so freaking sexy like the kasumi and Christie actresses.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD