DOA3++ Balance/Gameplay Mod

Gultigargar

Nice work, as usual. I noticed that one of the changes previously listed for Brad is gone now though.

Was that just mistakenly omitted, or was that change actually reverted back to 3.1.? Also, the .bin and .mot files for the Tengu edit aren't in the package anymore.
I reverted it back. Personally it's not a move I use very much, but if you'd like to see it back, I'd rather import his DOA4 PP2K than speeding the animation up.

Found some errors that I'll have to fix, I'll add Tengu's files back in when they're done.

Discovered that Kasumi's 9K grants frame advantage for some reason. Not sure what's causing that. Also noticed that interrupting Christie at specific times during her 3_K/4K2K will treat it as if you hit her while she was in the air. Pretty sure I copied the properties directly from DOA4, not sure if this also happens in that game.

But yeah, if anyone encounters anything strange with the imported animations just let me know.

Gultigargar

Uploaded a hotfix.
Kasumi's 9K issue has been fixed.
Christie's 3_K jump property actually seems to be intentional. I think it's a leftover from her DOA3 version of the animation where she does a little hop at the start.
Added Brad Wong's PP2K from DOA4.
Tengu's files have been put back in as well.

Last edited:

Gultigargar

Sorry about that, uploaded a fixed version. Just replace his .mot file.

EDIT: Stealth update. Imported a few more animations and tweaked a few hit properties. Check front page's changelog.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Did some play tests with some locals. Feel JL is still too good with his 66K variants. Should be no more advantage than -3. Right now it's set to 0. Having the move from his 10F jab and 11F mid makes it too abusive sadly.

Also wonder if there's a way we can remove jumping by replacing the 9 command animation...

Some suggestions for Leon:
66PPP should be GB or +2 on guard, not -14
If we can, can we bring in his DOA4 animation for 66K and 66_K
If we can, can we make his 6PPK, P6PPK animation/command to be his 6K knee
Possible to bring some of his DOA4 ground throw animations or combo throws would be nice too.

Last edited:

Gultigargar

Leon's changes should be doable, except maybe the throws, which can get really complicated to work with. I'll try and get it done when I have some time.

TRI Mike, if you don't have an Xbox I believe the Xbox emulator, Cxbx Reloaded, can run the mod, although with some graphical rendering errors.

Gultigargar

Here's a test version of some Leon changes: http://www.mediafire.com/file/n9ax1v6lhg9nat8/bayman.bin/file
- 66PPP is now a guard break (around +4 from what I can tell).
- 66K changed to be similar to his DOA5 66K. Uses a previously unused forward kick animation (a leftover from DOA1?), 25 damage, -12 on block. Stuns on normal hit and knocks down on counter-hit. He gets pushed kind of far back, though, so I don't know if it's as useful as the DOA5 version.
- P6PK changed from his F+K kick to his 6K knee. I'm not sure I like this one so much, though, because it makes his juggle damage shoot through the roof, which I don't think was intended. (Can do 3P, P6PK, F+P after basically all his launchers).
- Left 6PPK alone for now. I can change it to 6K as well, but then he'd just have to mid enders to the string instead of the low/mid mixup he has now. That seemed worse to me, but if it's what you want it's easy to change: Go to address 00002EE9 and change "FF 00" to "F8 00".

@OriginalVizion7 No

Gultigargar

Since we're apparently still waiting for DOA6 lobbies to come out, I went and made a few more tune-ups here.

Noticed through testing that I had accidentally made low holds 0(19)11 instead of the intended 0(18)12, so that's been fixed now. Also imported Hayate's DOA4 3K and gave Kasumi and Ayane's 3K's/BT 2K's the short stun that most of the rest of the cast also have. Jann Lee's 66K/6PK/P2PK are now -3 on block.

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Noticed some weird glitches in this release.

Ein's 46K seems to have no hitbox. Hitomi's new 8P doesn't have one either and has an awkward recovery where she steps back pretty far very quickly, but this quick step back can be canceled with any attack.

Only messed around for a few minutes with just a few characters, so there could be other problems, but those are the only ones I saw.

Gultigargar

Noticed some weird glitches in this release.

Ein's 46K seems to have no hitbox. Hitomi's new 8P doesn't have one either and has an awkward recovery where she steps back pretty far very quickly, but this quick step back can be canceled with any attack.

Only messed around for a few minutes with just a few characters, so there could be other problems, but those are the only ones I saw.
Haven't had that happen on my end, but I'll look into it.

Gultigargar

So I just double-checked Ein and Hitomi, and both of them are working correctly on my end. Not entirely sure what's creating a problem for you, but here's what I'd guess it could be:
1) The .rar compression goofed up somehow, and the files inside it were altered. I made a separate download with their just their files: http://www.mediafire.com/file/wqu1d6vxuu3hxba/EinHitomi.rar/file You can try downloading them and comparing them to the ones you have to see if they're identical.
2) Your loadfile.afs got rebuilt (or something similar) messing with the files inside. I've had this happen when I messed with the bgm.afs, and it would break certain songs. If you have a backup copy of your original loadfile.afs, you could try importing everything into a new one for a fresh start.

If it's not either of these, then I don't really know what could be causing it, other than maybe if you happen to use DOA3.0 and some weird stuff is happening because it's trying to use files meant for DOA3.1.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Ah, okay. Yeah, something must have gone wrong on my end. I just redid everything from scratch with a fresh loadfile.afs and those moves are working now.

Ran every character in sparring and tried a few of the listed changes to check. Everything I tried worked, except for one thing, which may actually be a legitimate issue this time. Hayate's P+K is stated to have been changed from knockback to SDS and from 30 to 25 damage, but the attack still did 30 damage and knocked back. The other changes I tried with him worked, so I'm guessing this is an actual oversight, or maybe you decided to revert the attack properties back and forgot to update the changelog.

Gultigargar

That's an oversight on my part, mostly because that change was me not really knowing what to do with that move. I originally planned that because I never really use P+K in DOA3, but since he had no access to sitdown stuns before I added his DOA4 kick, I figured I might as well give it some sort of function. And then I just never got around to actually implementing it, I guess. Never felt too strongly about this change, and not sure I wanna bother updating just for that when his DOA4 3K is a much better option, imo.

JAG THE GEMINI

Imo DOA3.2 is almost the perfect fighting game with it´s useful freestep system, strong sidestep moves, crazy blockstuns and combos/wallcombos and guard brakes.
All it sufferes from is the outdated 3 way hold system and being really unbalanced.

But I appreciate your work, keep it up!

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
That's probably a one-byte change if he can find it.

Random question, have y'all compared any of the files from the DOA3 demos for differences? The demos have different build dates than the retail games and I will see how much some moves properties differ. Could potentially steal some better/different move props.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
That's probably a one-byte change if he can find it.

Yeah, he found it, but I'll leave it up to him and @Gultigargar to post the update since it's based off the v1.10 move set data for each character.

He also split the parries up so 49F does high attacks and 43F does mid attacks.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD