DoA5U Hayabusa

Nameless Sama

Wow whats wrong here o.o Dont tell me that the Hayabusa Thread are dead o.o. Ok I will bring this Thread to live. I have found some BT combos but I must look if there are really guaranteed. After creating a new PSN because of.... ! I just spent my time in Practice to get a better feeling with the damn PS3 controller which I really hate and the reason is why I cant make so many Izuna drops but thats not the topic thats my problem and I will handle it. I have found a really really great combos on Home and Temple of the dragon stage before I post it here I just want to know the the best damage what you do on these both stage with stun objects. It would be great too if you could say you combo with a HI Throw +. I just want to compare the damage which you do with my new combos which I have founded. If my combos are gonna make more damage than yours I will put it here if not then I will not mention it. You can think why

The honor of the Izuna drops are on your hands! :hayabusa:

Brute

Standard Donor
As for Normal Hit combos in Dragon Temple, the highest I was able to achieve is 192 health (requires Power Launcher). Dunno about for NH/HiC Throws, however.

Nameless Sama

As for Normal Hit combos in Dragon Temple, the highest I was able to achieve is 192 health (requires Power Launcher). Dunno about for NH/HiC Throws, however.
With CB set up right ? 2. Question powerlauncher with or without stunable objects ? Would be nice if you could tell me that !

I hope that I have time tomorrow to compare the damages.

Brute

Standard Donor
With CB set up right ? 2. Question powerlauncher with or without stunable objects ? Would be nice if you could tell me that !
It actually doesn't, but you are able to net more damage if you do use a techable furniture object. Personally I was just too lazy to set one up because using the Power Launcher re-orients Ryu in a weird way sometimes and it can be hard to space yourself. It is a CB set-up into a power launcher, but the only environment effects it uses are a ceiling and a wall.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
So I decided to pick up Hayabusa as well. However I don't know where to exactly begin for Pressure, Tools. etc.

I managed to get his special Izuna drop holds down except for the High one. (It looked pretty quick. I can't tell whether I'm doing it too soon or too late. The rotation is similar to GBoD except that it's a grab instead.

Any huge advanced tips?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
So I decided to pick up Hayabusa as well. However I don't know where to exactly begin for Pressure, Tools. etc.

I managed to get his special Izuna drop holds down except for the High one. (It looked pretty quick. I can't tell whether I'm doing it too soon or too late. The rotation is similar to GBoD except that it's a grab instead.

Any huge advanced tips?

For the high izuna the timing is almost the same as the mid izuna, you just need to wait like .5 sec longer before doing the last input

Brute

Standard Donor
I actually found the opposite as g-gill. The Senko needs to be fastest, follow by the Rekko, follow by the Otoshi, followed by the Yoko.

As far as pressure tools go, it really depends on your playstyle. 6K(P) 6P(K4) 33P4 66K ongPP(P) and 1PK are all useful ones, though. Remember, you don't have many string mix-ups (I'm sure you're used to that from Akira), and most attacks aren't super-safe (the ones that are tend to be quite telegraphed). Thus, you're going to be relying on free-canceling a lot.

And obviously if you ever want to run practice rounds, I'm usually game for that. :)

Last edited:

Nameless Sama

Bomb you should focus on his movelist first. I would say master and learn all his moves. After that I would learn all 360Throws and holds. I did this too and the whole combos are coming automaticly. I have found a really awesome combo boah I just need master it ;D

Brute

Standard Donor
Been on Hayabusa at the lab. I can't quite get the timing down for the High version. This feels harder than the Knees lol. Going online and use him for the entire matches. Really trying to use him.
The difficulty is the fact that it's a hold, imo (which I suck at). Were it a throw, ie: player initiated, it wouldn't be so bad. The challenging thing is that you have to be very quick while moving at your opponent's pace rather than your own. It takes adjusting and I'm surely not a master, but I do believe it's substantially easier than the 1-frame knee (at least for me).

If you're still online in about 30-50 minutes, I could go some rounds with you. :)

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Can i watch, im dying of boredom

Just did some hi counter izunas and I noticed my finger inputs the last input just right before hayabusa is about to appear and grab the opponent

Last edited:

Nameless Sama

The best tip I can give you is that you should prepare for the hold izuna. It works for me all the time. Bomb do you use with analog or d pad for hold izuna ?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Just look at this man

dead_or_alive_5__ryu_hayabusa_by_ceriselightning-d60xqm4.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD