DoA5U Hayabusa

Jin Masters

Master comboed a mid izuna hold into the shoho izuna. 33P4 shoho. So there you are folks. Oh, and he did it on Gen fu.

The shoho IZUNA combo ignores weight classes and is his strongest IZUNA ender... It's does 97 on normal throw and 123 on hi counter

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

The Shoho-Izuna is really strong, now if only I could get the timing down in 5U I could get it all the time in Vanilla 5 but now I'm constantly miss it has it got tighter? or do I just suck? xD

MasterHavik

Basically what EvilJun said. I went to test it out on a midweight and sure enough, it works, but the timing has to be very precise. It's actually fairly tricky (at least for this weight class).
You tried it on jello girl and light weight it may be easier.

EvilJun

Just saw this on stream and had to test it myself. His CB can hit now after 214p, in vanilla 5 214p pushed them too far away iirc, so guaranteed CB when you put them in threshold with 214p.

Brute

Standard Donor
Just saw this on stream and had to test it myself. His CB can hit now after 214p, in vanilla 5 214p pushed them too far away iirc, so guaranteed CB when you put them in threshold with 214p.
Are any of his stuns really long enough to have 214P connect if the opponent doesn't use holds or slightly use stagger escaping?

EvilJun

Are any of his stuns really long enough to have 214P connect if the opponent doesn't use holds or slightly use stagger escaping?

on Fastest stagger escape, only 6p+k will give you a deep enough stun. Stuns like 6k, 3p or p will allow it to connect if they dont escape fast enough

cip

I have to say, WR H+K has atleast some purpose. It is - to my knowledge - the only tracking and down hitting attacking with anywhere close to that range. For instance, when fighting against a Brad Wong who likes to lie down and roll to evade everything, this is a powerful tool.

Also, new Izuna damage makes a lot of difference imo.

cip

Does anyone know under what circumstances a 214P whiffs after you slam an opponent into a breakable object?

I tried testing it, but couldn't really figure it out. Sometimes it whiffs (because it isn't tracking, seems to be the reason), most of the time it hits.

Nightpup

:4::6::H+P: Combos. I wonder why no one uses this throw?

Midweight:
:3::P:, :4::K:, Ongyioin:K:, :8::P:, :426::H+P:

Lightweight:
:3::P:, :4::K:, Ongyoin:K:, :8::P:, :P::P::K::K::P:

Alphaweight:
:3::P:, :4::K:, Ongyoin:K:, WR:4::K:, WR:4::K:, :P::P::K::K::P: <- STRONGEST(also the hardest to pull off. You need to be quick enough for the second WR to launch high enough for the followup, but slow enough so that you don't go under Alpha.)
:3::P:, :4::K:, Ongyoin:K:, WR:4::K:, WR:4::K:, WR:4::K::P:
:3::P:, :4::K:, Ongyoin:K:, :8::P:, :8::P:, :P::P::K::K::P:
:3::P:, :4::K:, Ongyoin:P+K::P::P::H+P:

Strongest does 115 on counterhit, didn't check on normal. These all work for both versions of :4::6::H+P: and are 100% guaranteed to my knowledge.
---
I dicked around in Training with Hayabusa because I was bored(and am interested in learning him but don't tell anyone sshh). Found these. Not sure if anyone knows about how good his 46T is as a punish grab. Alpha tried an unsafe move(lol, if there is such a thing for her.)? Punish with a back-turned launcher into shoho Izuna. Eat that, bitch.

Let me know if this was of any help.
---
One last thing. Off of :9::K: on Alpha on counterhit you can get WR:4::K:, WR:4::K:, WR:4::K::P:. Much better than that boring ol' WR:H+K: amirite?

Last edited:

EvilJun

I never use it because you only get guaranteed 3p on counter or high counter and the backturned combo will never do more than 80-83 damage (except on alpha ofcourse) anyway so might as well izuna if I anticipate a hold.

Nightpup

I never use it because you only get guaranteed 3p on counter or high counter and the backturned combo will never do more than 80-83 damage (except on alpha ofcourse) anyway so might as well izuna if I anticipate a hold.
3P is guaranteed on normal as well. The grab is +10 and it takes them 6 frames to turn around and guard. 3P is a 15 frame mid I think. If you get it on normal that also means you have the possibility of 3P being a counterhit.
And this throw isn't to anticipate a hold; it's to punish unsafe moves or whiffs.

EvilJun

3P is guaranteed on normal as well. The grab is +10 and it takes them 6 frames to turn around and guard. 3P is a 15 frame mid I think. If you get it on normal that also means you have the possibility of 3P being a counterhit.
And this throw isn't to anticipate a hold; it's to punish unsafe moves or whiffs.

I tested it and if you put COM reaction to guard then 3p won't connect.
also your opponent have to be really stupid to try and press buttons after the throw and get counter blown haha

Nightpup

I tested it and if you put COM reaction to guard then 3p won't connect.
also your opponent have to be really stupid to try and press buttons after the throw and get counter blown haha
I tested it as well. I set the reaction to guard and 3P connected for me every time.

alexbib

The shoho IZUNA combo ignores weight classes and is his strongest IZUNA ender... It's does 97 on normal throw and 123 on hi counter

Am I understanding this properly, that is you can do an Izuna (for example the normal 41236T) followed by 33P4 + Shoho?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD