doa5u impressions thread

MasterHavik

Handslaps > 6P no longer works, Launch into BT > 4K > 4K > 66K no longer works and BKO F+P > 4PP8K > 2K no longer works either.

All these combo's cause FT currently but in the steam I saw them all attempted and the opponent diddn't tech and it whiffed right through them.

Whether or not FT has to be set up a different way I don't know as I don't have access to the game myself but all I know is all current FT set ups are null and void.
Damn that fucking blows. I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled this shit with Zack's force techs.

Omegan Eckhart

Damn that fucking blows. I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled this shit with Zack's force techs.
It's very possible, so far I have only seen moves that stun on NH cause FT, and not all of them do. Zack's machine gun kicks don't stun on NH but the last hit does so I'm not sure how it might work.

This is just speculation on my part though.

Zeo

All I heard was that her handslap force tech was gone and I'm like," Well you fucking raped her. Good job TN. She needed it."
Not really, she got fantastic buffs to compensate. She's still really good now, just in a legit way.

Brute

Standard Donor
Helena was good in vanilla but for BS reasons. Hopefully in 5U she'll be re-worked in a competitive way that doesn't make people want to roll their eyes into the back of their head.

KidArk

Game feels legit. *rolls backwards out of thread*
How was the reaction to the backwards roll, it's not a gimmic like the front roll as it had previously seemed? Was your opponent candidly having issues dealing with it, or would youu say theeey weree juust flustered and surpriseed by the move? I for one thought it looked very useful.. and would call it fair trade for losing his force techs. I'm not sayiing the backrolll looks more useful thna FTiig it's just that force techs made the game into something else entirely, if that makes any sense.

Last edited:

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Bayman has always had to play patient as he lacks good "get in" attacks. but he is too slow to effectively outspace the guys who do. This changes that dynamic entirely.

FatalxInnocence

It's probably a bit too early to ask, but how is Rachel? I'm most likely going to main her as I'm a pretty big fan of her character from the NG series. I see people saying she's good- but are there any reasons as to why they think that? or is it more of a visually looks good? as in her animations and such?

I saw snippets of gameplay of her on the stream. It wasn't really enough for me to make a solid judgement myself though.

Also, about Kasumi. Is her 66KK still in the game? or is the follow up of the 66K the new animation for the second kick? I assumed it was a high variation of her 66KK buuuut it could just be a new animation altogether.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Rachel is a ton of fun to play. She's designed for rushdown and excels at it. Even her down attack, which force techs, is made for keeping the pressure on.

To the other Hayabusa players: I will post more in-depth impressions (sans frame data) but they aren't good. He hasn't suddenly become bottom tier but he's worse than he was even at launch now.

KidArk

It's probably a bit too early to ask, but how is Rachel? I'm most likely going to main her as I'm a pretty big fan of her character from the NG series. I see people saying she's good- but are there any reasons as to why they think that? or is it more of a visually looks good? as in her animations and such?

From what I saw i'm loving that string Rachel has i think it was 3PP? It's her launching string that leads into 3PP+K P or the air throw 3PP+K T. Looks really useful, if it's safe -crosses fingers- It looked to stun really decently and launched nicely. 66T is her command throw that lets her roll over your back , not sure what the advantage is if there is any but you've obviously have to have some nasty set up from there, she can also combo the command throw PPT and Ithink her command SS can be combo'd into as well PP 8 P+K it looked like? Not sure what her options really are off the SS and if it's any good, but hey , it's there? I also noticed she she has some decent length strings like 6PPPP+KP / T long strings are always useful, guard breaks and OHs are always a plus, If 3PP tracks and crushes half as well as gen fu 3PP i think I know what sorta shenanigans i'm going to try with her, I also would have to say her fastest jab seems like it might be 13 ~ 12 frames which is fantastic. All in all she looks good as in she's definitely not a bad character everything seems solid, she looks aesthetically pleasing as well , I do suppose!

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Them Tag matches were something else.
Force Outs (you'll see those a LOT in the videos) and Tag Bursts have to be performed by the player that is currently not in the match (in the case of two or more players on a team and can only be performed if there are two characters alive on the team).
Force Outs are performed with 236H+P+K and Tag Bursts are performed with 214H+P+K. FO's will not actually Force Out against an airborne foe, it will result in an knockback (1:53 in below video).

Tag Throws can currently only be performed with 66H+P+K, there is no 44H+P+K Tag Throw. If a pair is compatible 66H+P+K will perform their unique throw, if they are incompatible the player performing the throw will throw the grabbed player behind them and the now active player will perform a throw of their own.

Just because a pair has an intro it will not guarantee a Tag Throw (Eliot/Ayane as of the SJ7 build Tom Lee brought with him). They may have a Tag Throw off of a Command Throw but it will take some digging to find it.

Ex. Rig/Christie
Rig can perform his 66H+P+K but it will act like an incompatible pair throw while Christie can perform her Tag Throw and result in a compatible pair (unique Tag Throw).

We didn't check it out but right now it would be safe to assume that there are still compatible command throws outside pairs that do not have a special intro (Bayman/Hyabusa in past iterations).

You can Tag Out while laying on the ground.

I did notice in the Leon/Zack win pose the two seem to be standing too far apart for the "wave" portion of the pose.

Last edited:

Omegan Eckhart

Not really, she got fantastic buffs to compensate. She's still really good now, just in a legit way.
She hasn't gotten fantastic buff's to compensate. She got 2 new unsafe ways to get into BT, one new sit down stun which guarantees? and some new bind state attacks, which every character has gotten.

She still has slow pokes, is very unsafe, has extremely limited access to frame advantage against blocking opponents, no ranged tools, garbage +13/+15 sit down stuns and no real safe way into BKO.

I'm not saying she is she bad by any means but don't make it sound like her buff's are on par with her nerf's. With no FT game she has no way of gaining frame advantage at all now. That +4 was the only way for a striker who moves like a grappler to get the first hit in, especially seeing as P+K doesn't even begin crushing till about i18.

I'm glad she is less BS but I would have liked some more + frame moves, some real safe strings and transitions into BKO that couldn't be punished by 2P. But we will see what tech she has when the game is out.

Skilletor

I swore we all saw HiCt 66T or 6T being broken on stream
Right now assume false, there was only one instance of a throw being broken that was so far.

That would make sense if people don't know you could do it yet. I'll assume false with hope for truthy goodness. :)

I swore we all saw HiCt 66T or 6T being broken on stream

I haven't been keeping up with the thread. Is there an archived stream somewhere? Link?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD