DOA5UA 2.00/DOA5LR 1.01 Balance Changes (Location Test)

d3v

I'd do it but I'm at work, and my Japanese isn't 100% so there'd be a handful that are just plain guesses. :( Maybe @EMPEROR_COW
Trying to see if Sam (USD) can do it for us, since she usually does these things for SRK. But I don't get my CPM that way though.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Can't believe what they did to Lisa...that's just ridiculous...and then Christie and Rachel got no new moves. Rachel's half circle throw damage nerfed wth. What kinda update is this.

I don't think they added new moves to the balance adjustments. Unless new tricks to selected strings means new move in string. But it probably just means something new you can do.

Alas, I feel sorry for people that don't like Christie and Ryu players. They got shafted bad. I don't feel anything at all for the Helena nerfs. If anything I'm happy. She deserves it. I don't understand Ayane's buffs, but it would seem she will do a better job at landing her combos possibly? Maybe Hajin can decipher that better.

If there are no new moves, what a disappointment. Team NINJA didn't really treat this as a new game. They treated it as people wanted it on PS4 and ONE and they added some things to it. Of course I'm directly quoting Chin from his KT stream.

I'm excited about Raidou and Danger Zone, but Last Round's big draw is being able to save the thirty second clips, the streaming for everybody and the graphical updates. Competitive players will eventually agree that this port was worth it for DOA's lifespan alone.

But damn the Ryu nerfs are stupid.

Mr.Kwiggle

Smh I don't understand..how are you going to releases a "NEW" game and each of the characters doesn't have at least 1-2 new moves. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Property changes are expected but should new moves!! Even if it's just adding a new variation to an already existing string.

synce

Well Hayashi is trying to play it off as fans demanding LR (as opposed to, you know, DOA6)

Mr.Kwiggle

Just new to see now..if Christies pkk doesn't wall splat and neither does her kk, Ill be able to go into JAK mix ups ^_^ that's a buff! Kk stance back dash throw at wall Lol hmmmmmmm.....the possibilities

Reactions: d3v

KwonJigglypuff

I don't get the "delay thing" regarding some character's CB (Helena's 7P.K, Rig P+K.K).

Brad got a new move ? 7KPPP ? It's hard for me to see how it can look like with the animation, but that's great!

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Bayman got a range increase by 4 inches on some of his OHs, that's awesome. 46T might be able to catch tech rollers now. Wonder if that includes his rolling OH as well, oh the possabilities

3k is safe now I believe changed from -9 to -5 , so be on the look out for more rolling mix ups.

2T throw does 10 more points of damage on the last part. I love getting big damage as a reward for completing my chain throws and unlike Mila I can actually finish them on average :b

And the environment no longer breaks for his wall throws meaning stay away from that pillar.

Vincent Rayne

Kokoro's P+K is unsafe. At least no one used this move.
Momiji 7K nerf is heartbreaking. -25 are you kidding me.
good Kokoro players used P+K because it was a frame trap setup move. that's yet another move to make everyone in the game disrespect her even more cause of the nerf. and momiji needed 7K nerf. annoying that it encouraged spamming from players as a spacing tool and did tons of damage if you were hit, unlike Christie's 7K.

team ninja has given me zero reason to pick up Kokoro again since apparently they are convinced she's broken as they have nerfed her in every patch since vanilla. meanwhile real top tier characters are just laughing it up in the safe booth.

SilverForte

Momijis 7k will just be more situational now, if the pushback is still enough to prevent throw punishment then only characters with long range options will be able to punish it. It'll be a strange example of attack punishment.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Momijis 7k will just be more situational now, if the pushback is still enough to prevent throw punishment then only characters with long range options will be able to punish it.

This looks like a job for an extra 4inches!
image.jpg

KING JAIMY

What does this mean?
SSP: Change in ⇒ upper P parry an object to be hold attribute

Most of Momiji's changes are just the timing of the voices...
7K going from -14 to -25 just made me not want to use that move ever again. There goes my hype.
I'm guessing SS P will get parry properties, just as it tells you. The 'upper P' could refer to the move itself, or that it only allows you to parry high punches.

Farewell , 7K... *sob sob* :(

crapoZK

Standard Donor
The Zack buffs are golden. But why nerf 4K? Come on.
GUARD BREAK ON 33P6P? +4 on it too? Mmmmmhmmm

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD