DOA6 Design Contest 2019

RetroMe91

If you look at Twitter, it seems like there are a few people who are just pumping out ideas constantly. I kinda wish they would limit how many you could do just a little. Like 25 entries maximum or something. Some of these artists are just littering the contest with their ideas putting like 50 entries in every 5 hours. Not saying they’re bad ideas, it’s just a lot. I want to see other people’s ideas too. Haha.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
If you look at Twitter, it seems like there are a few people who are just pumping out ideas constantly. I kinda wish they would limit how many you could do just a little. Like 25 entries maximum or something. Some of these artists are just littering the contest with their ideas putting like 50 entries in every 5 hours. Not saying they’re bad ideas, it’s just a lot. I want to see other people’s ideas too. Haha.

Even 25 submissions is imo already way too much, lol.
The unlimited number of submissions and not even a particular theme this time shows this contest is not about quality but quantity. They don't want to find great costumes, they want most of all two things: 1) As many ideas as possible of what fans want/would be willing to pay for and 2) Social media buzz. It's a bit sad the contests turned into this over time. :(

KwonJigglypuff

I entered 16 submissions (1 per girl, 1 for Zack and 2 for Helena). My skills are poor but I wanted all the girls to have something special.

It's actually hard to design stuff for males and I don't have much time...

What is Bayman's best design so far ?

uwu

imo i have seen a lot of people w/hundreds of entries and it bugs me a little but honestly it just shows how much they’re devoted to the game and want to work hard to see what they made come to life(i just hope tn doesn’t pick the same people over and over)

Last edited:

RetroMe91

They did last time. It felt the same 4 or 5 artists got their designs in the game almost every contest. (Some of them even complained about it....)

I honestly wouldn’t mind if they wanted to continuously use the fan designs because it seems to be better than what they’ve come up with lately for the game... haha. I agree that I hope they don’t just pick the same artist over and over or use several of their designs. I hope they choose several artist’s. With what has been submitted, they could easily make themes from the designs making dlc packs based around that, such as edgy/punk, fantasy/sci-fi, cocktail/formal, idol themes, Halloween, winter casual, summer casual...

Side note: might try to get a design for Lisa and Momiji our that follows the theme I have been playing with. Idk if I have the time though. Haha.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
@sinjiko_uak

@TheJiggeh

@NoriyukiWorks83

@1d1htr

@Matt Ponton

@cherrylolo

@mikado2926

Boogie

does anyone know what time is the contest done on the 10th? like midnight japanese time or pacific?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
does anyone know what time is the contest done on the 10th? like midnight japanese time or pacific?
It'll likely be Japan standard time like the 2017 contest, that's the time it ended in 2017

Screenshot_20191109-011009~2.png

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Wasn't that Mai sheet official KOF concept art? I don't understand why that was submitted as it is clearly against the rules of the competition to submit any designs that aren't someone's own.

RetroMe91

Wasn't that Mai sheet official KOF concept art? I don't understand why that was submitted as it is clearly against the rules of the competition to submit any designs that aren't someone's own.
I thought he was trolling. That guy was posting several Mai concept art and would title them thins like “What could have been” and he would do the same with old DOA costumes and make other snarky comments. I just assumed he was being a troll.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD