DOA6 Design Contest 2019

indieanimator

They'll be shown at the DOAFES on the 23rd which is two saturdays away. It's gonna be a bit of a wait but I think it'll be worth it xD
Thanks for the info!
New content for BlazBlue Cross Tag will come out just before that, which I'll try that weekend.
And the news from this contest. Looking forward to it. :cool:

KwonJigglypuff

I'd be curious to see how many entries each DOA contest had. Did they reveal any number for previous ones ?

Edit : the contest in 2014 (first one) had 700 entries. 2016 had 1200 entries. There were 1500 entries for the contest in 2017 (last one).

I hope they will respect the designs. They really improved the quality of these fan packs. At first they did not really respect the whole thing (see picture below and Lisa/Kokoro getting designs meant for other characters).

Plus I hope they will make several Fan Awards packs with all these new entries.

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

RetroMe91

I'd be curious to see how many entries each DOA contest had. Did they reveal any number for previous ones ?

Edit : the contest in 2014 (first one) had 700 entries. 2016 had 1200 entries. There were 1500 entries for the contest in 2017 (last one).

I hope they will respect the designs. They really improved the quality of these fan packs. At first they did not really respect the whole thing (see picture below and Lisa/Kokoro getting designs meant for other characters).

Plus I hope they will make several Fan Awards packs with all these new entries.
The Eliot design was much better than the in game look, but I kinda like what they did to Jann Lee’s. They were going for sex appeal though.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
they did not really respect the whole thing (see picture below and Lisa/Kokoro getting designs meant for other characters).

I mean, they're free to do whatever they want with the costumes. That's the point, you give them ideas and since submission gives rights to KoeiTecmo, they can use those ideas as a base for whichever designs they want to make (in any game mind you).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope we get them soon. Perhaps by June.
We probably may get them earlier if they work on the chosen selection after DOA Fest, it would be nice to open the new year(and my 22nd birthday^.^ xD) with a season passed filled with 3 or more contest packs for everyone and TN can continue selling the revival DLC on the side to satisfy whoever wants the older costumes in

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Now they need to offer the fans a stage design contest

I'd enter this. I'd literally make a stage that isn't banned KEK. At least a stage that everyone can enjoy, but if they went with this, I'd enter. I have to think really deep though since DOA6 has slight meta change and off the bonkers Michael Bay environment lingoz.

Imagine your stage makes it in and TN is like:

TN: -Stage too buggy, we are going to ban this stage-

Me:
sohWhy9g.jpg

Last edited:

Boogie

i feel like they respected and stayed true to 80% of the designs. some designs did just make sense for other characters and sometimes (especially with time restraints) all you can do is copy, paste and hue/saturate a color to get it out in time.

also this time around didnt they say enteries that didnt make it will be kept for future packs? i think thats smart because DoA5 contests gave them enough ideas for every character in DoA6 to have at least 3 new costumes.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
also this time around didnt they say enteries that didnt make it will be kept for future packs?

They say that under legal terms in every contest. They reserve for themselves the rights to use every submitted costume, even if it didn't win a prize or was implemented in the game initially. One time in DOA5 they actually released a selection of costumes that wasn't selected as winners initially.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I’d actually like a stagedesign contest. I can’t draw/design for shit, but I’d definitely give it a shot. I’m a big fan of natural environments and would probably design a stage with a lot of green. I’d design stages with weather options too, such as a cloudy stage, a rainy stage, storming, sunrise, sunset, night, noon. You name it.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Rachel is the one true Queen. She has the royal stomp. Slaughtered fiends and could keep all DOA girls in check.

Other than the subjective statement I like it.

RetroMe91

Well sometime in the next 24 hours we will hear about the contest a little. Maybe even find out which designs were selected as the company’s top picks. Would be cool if they gave us a slew of them that they plan to use in dlc for early 2020.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well sometime in the next 24 hours we will hear about the contest a little. Maybe even find out which designs were selected as the company’s top picks. Would be cool if they gave us a slew of them that they plan to use in dlc for early 2020.
They were shown already, they showed us the 6 they chose as the winners on stream:

Now all we have to see is what others they'll use for everyone else in the pack that'll have them. I figured they would only show a select few like they've done a few times back in 5LR, and the contest rules did say that other entries not shown with the winners may(may pertaining in this case to the likelihood of any person's design getting in) may appear in a future pack which'll be the one the winner picks will be in

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD