DOA6 Graphics Thread

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I found some nice closeups of Helena on Twitter, this is apparently taken in the PS4 Pro graphics mode:

D0CBDmdUYAER8FS.jpg:large

D0CAZ-5U0AEA38-.jpg:large

D0CAaUWUUAAoKw7.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/kuruizaki_game
Broken image links. Repost l0l

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
so i guess us normal PS4 players will have to use high quality graphics mode only for photo mode lol, tried playing a match with them on high and omg the drops

game looks so good for the most part. road rage is one of the ugliest stages in the game, the brightness in that stage is just wild af!!

To be fair Road Rage is a lot better than it was. It might be kinda ugly, but it is a car-pile up; nothing sexy about that.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
yeah us normal PS4 players have to deal with not so good graphics ... I am really happy with the stages as well

Don't feel bad, PS4 Pro users have to feel even worse, because they also don't get any visual upgrade, even though their hardware is more powerful than base PS4. We've been comparing performance mode and graphics mode over on Resetera and came to the conclusion that they are visually identical. Both look the same as base PS4's graphics mode. Huge disappointment, when Xbox One X in contrast got a boost to full 4K. On PS4 Pro 1440p resolution or a couple nicer effects, as they actually claimed there were, should've been possible any day of the week.

Broken image links. Repost l0l

Can others also not see the images? I can, and I checked the links again...

Raansu

Don't feel bad, PS4 Pro users have to feel even worse, because they also don't get any visual upgrade, even though their hardware is more powerful than base PS4. We've been comparing performance mode and graphics mode over on Resetera and came to the conclusion that they are visually identical. Both look the same as base PS4's graphics mode. Huge disappointment, when Xbox One X in contrast got a boost to full 4K. On PS4 Pro 1440p resolution or a couple nicer effects, as they actually claimed there were, should've been possible any day of the week.

The pro isn't exactly much stronger than the base PS4. Nothing like the huge jump in hardware from xbone to one x.

Haipa Sonikku

Pro is about Performance in this regard which is key to gameplay. 1080p/60fps at all times unlike base 4 in which intros, outros, Break Hold, and Break Blows run at 30 fps, definitely taking you out of the action. Hopefully tournaments will finally step up to Pro.

Still at the end of the day, the PC Steam version, which was used for the Exhibition Tournament event at EVO Japan is the reference model of Dead or Alive 6 as the upcoming Japanese Arcade version will be on that spec.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The pro isn't exactly much stronger than the base PS4. Nothing like the huge jump in hardware from xbone to one x.

The Pro is strong enough that other games manage to bump up the resolution and have some other visual improvements on top of that. Even Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur 6 are able to do both on the pretty poorly downscaling Unreal Engine 4. The upcoming Devil May Cry 5 will run at 1800p and stable 60fps on PS4 Pro compared to 1080p and so far not so stable 60fps on the base PS4.
Get out with claims the Pro isn't strong enough for any resolution or visual improvements that's BS console/platform warriors usually spout. DOA6 is just poorly optimized for the Pro, that's the real problem.
The power difference of Xbox One to Xbox One X is also irrelevant in this scenario.

Raansu

The Pro is strong enough that other games manage to bump up the resolution and have some other visual improvements on top of that. Even Tekken 7 and Soul Calibur 6 are able to do both on the pretty poorly downscaling Unreal Engine 4. The upcoming Devil May Cry 5 will run at 1800p and stable 60fps on PS4 Pro compared to 1080p and so far not so stable 60fps on the base PS4.
Get out with claims the Pro isn't strong enough for any resolution or visual improvements that's BS console/platform warriors usually spout. DOA6 is just poorly optimized for the Pro, that's the real problem.
The power difference of Xbox One to Xbox One X is also irrelevant in this scenario.

Look up the specs. PS4 Pro is pretty weak.

Raansu

You look up what improvements the "weak" Pro is able to achieve with all other games. Literally all other games, because here's a list of every PS4 game and their Pro enhancements. Enjoy:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/all-games-with-ps4-pro-enhancements.3101/

4-5 frames added and an upscaled (not native) resolution on most of those games really isn't proving your point. The PS4 Pro is a weak system. Hell in all reality the one x aint all that powerful either, but the jump between each one is significantly different. PS4 to Pro is pretty minimal. 9 times out of 10 you wont see a big difference visually and only a slight difference in performance.

Raansu

What are you proving by stubbornly repeating "The Pro is weak."? Get out with that console/platform warrior BS.

Please, it has nothing to do with platform wars. I own both fucking systems. Its a simple fact that the PS4 Pro isn't that much of an upgrade from the base PS4, thus why you don't really see any difference between the two in doa6.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Please, it has nothing to do with platform wars. I own both fucking systems. Its a simple fact that the PS4 Pro isn't that much of an upgrade from the base PS4, thus why you don't really see any difference between the two in doa6.

Then be so kind to explain to me why Tekken 7, Soul Calibur 6 and Injustice 2, just to name some recent other fighters, not only get a resolution bump on the oh so weak PS4 Pro over base PS4, as well as improved visual settings for lighting, shadow maps, particle effects, motion blur, depth of field and so on, while DOA6 gets none of that in its "graphics" mode.
Here the in-depth tech analyses of the fighters I mentioned in case you aren't fully up to date to what improvements they actually saw on each platform:

Raansu

Slightly higher textures, annoying bloom effects and going from 868 to 1080....woo such improvements.:rolleyes:

leigang

I'm hoping the modding community is strong on this one like they were for LR. A lot of QOL fixes could be made with fairly simple mods for stuff like lightning and textures, so long as they didnt block modding somehow.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD