DOA6 Graphics Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
I didn't attack him or anything, calls me childish then ignores me. Now that's childish lol.
So, you present your critique via sarcasm, then when someone criticizes you for it, you call them childish.

Oh... the irony.

Also this entire line "IIItttt's JUSZT A gAem thAO Y duz N-E ov iT eVUn reAaollly MAttEr?" was completely childish and unnecessary.

Raansu

And the ass arrives. One that I'd love to put on ignore, but somehow is a mod despite the fact that all of his posts are passive aggressive or straight up insults people.

Dr PaC

*Looks at comments above*
Hmm...so else is enjoying the demo? All I’ve been seeing online were NiCO’s, lol

Tyaren

Standard Donor
People looked deeper into PS4 Pro performance and graphics mode and they found out they are identical: same resolution, same graphics settings and they both run in locked 60fps:

This indicates that it is actually a mistake, bug or omission by the developers to optimize the game for the Pro at all. Every other console version (base PS4, base Xbox One and Xbox One X) show clear visual and framerate differences in both modes.

I'm going to contact TN about this.

werewolfgold

People looked deeper into PS4 Pro performance and graphics mode and they found out they are identical: same resolution, same graphics settings and they both run in locked 60fps:

This indicates that it is actually a mistake, bug or omission by the developers to optimize the game for the Pro at all. Every other console version (base PS4, base Xbox One and Xbox One X) show clear visual and framerate differences in both modes.

I'm going to contact TN about this.
The way this article was worded, I always thought that the graphics/performance thing was specifically meant for Xbox One X.

https://wccftech.com/dead-or-alive-6-1080p-ps4-pro-4k-xb1x/

I think it's just a holdover from everyone getting the same demo build.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think it's just a holdover from everyone getting the same demo build.

Even base Xbox One and base PS4 have noticable differences in their performance and graphics mode though. In graphics mode they compromise framerate for better image quality and better visual settings. Xbox One X even goes to full 4K. It's a quite significant difference on all these three platforms as comparisons in other forums such as Resetera show. PS4 Pro is the only platform were no visuals improvements are made in graphics mode. That's my problem. If there are two modes and one of them is a graphics mode, why doesn't that mode do anything for graphics then? It would be very useful for photography, which I was really looking forward to.

Xion

They shouldnt have even included the graphic modes.. just optimize for the best visuals at 60fps for each platform and leave it at that. On the X I can see a future benefit to the 4K mode with BC on a more powerful platform, but the performance is definitely held back at 1080P. I encourage everyone to take the survey and complain about this.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They shouldnt have even included the graphic modes.. just optimize for the best visuals at 60fps for each platform and leave it at that. On the X I can see a future benefit to the 4K mode with BC on a more powerful platform, but the performance is definitely held back at 1080P. I encourage everyone to take the survey and complain about this.

Why shouldn't it have an additional graphics mode, just because you don't see a use for it?
DOA is also about the pretty visuals and more than ever before people like to appreciate pretty art in games and they like to take photos of games...and their waifus, lol.
Game photography became pretty big in recent years, it is all over social media, even in mainstream media ( https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/11/20/video-game-photography-is-rise-producing-stunning-works-internet-art/?utm_term=.1fd5fe3a3d76). It engages fans and is a great, costless promotional tool for developers/publishers. Team Ninja is very aware of that, they actually were among the first to use that tool in their games. They long had photo modes (or modes in that vain), they held photo contests on DOA events, and they are planning to hold more. A couple of months ago they shared a tweet of mine with photos of DOA5 in which I also asked for more photo contests in DOA6...

For taking photos higher resolutions and visual upgrades are always welcome, smooth framerate doesn't really matter. It definitely sucks that the PS4 Pro out of all consoles is not getting those upgrades in its graphics mode. It must be a mistake or oversight...

Jyu_Viole_Grace

My main concern about graphical mode is if the game doesn't go auto to action mode in Online mode. Would be silly fighting against people playing at 30fps or below so I guess they thought about this and it won't happen.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
More win poses confirmed in today's stream.

March: Wedding costumes, new intros and win poses, lobbies.

April: More intros and win poses, New Costume set 1

May: More intros and win poses, New Costume set 2

June: Mai, second KOF character and their costumes

Lobbies, intros and win poses are free updates

Hey, that's great to know about the intro and win poses. :) They won't sell those as DLC though, right? Riiight? D: Ah, read the last sentence, they are.

Last edited:

Xion

Free Update means its a patch, so everyone gets it automatically. though I guess the game doesnt have lobby match day 1? how weird.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm happy about the winpose and intro additions but I hope they'll be genuinely new ones since in 5 Ultimate Kasumi had "2" new win poses but it was basically only one new pose with two different quotes(one which she used in tag mode). It seems strange they're gonna add them in an update rather than the final game but maybe that's because they finalized too quick and didn't add it before it got retailed

They'll probably also use their character select confirm poses as an intro/outro as well too like they did in DOA5(besides Momiji) and older DOA games and just add dialogue to it

Jyu_Viole_Grace

My guess for future free content based in DOA 5 is:

Free stages as free patches (less collaboration stages for obvious reasons). Maybe beach stage for July/August (with swimsuit DLCs) and Halloween stage for November (with Halloween DLC costumes).

Free costumes. DOA 5 vanilla had a free DLC set for some characters. If this time the "Ultimate" version is a update they could also add some new costumes and with Last Round they gave a free costume for every character. Maybe just 3-5 free costumes per character in all DOA 6 lifetime, but would be something.

Free BGM from old games. This happened with Last Round.

They could take a different approach this time giving more or less free updates but they also added some extra intros and win poses back in DOA 5 vanilla.

Xhominid The Demon Within

More win poses confirmed in today's stream.

March: Wedding costumes, new intros and win poses, lobbies.

April: More intros and win poses, New Costume set 1

May: More intros and win poses, New Costume set 2

June: Mai, second KOF character and their costumes

Lobbies, intros and win poses are free updates

This ultimately confirms to me that DOA6 was definitely made with a small deadline and not that much of a budget.
The player lobbies not being there at launch for all systems is going to hurt... but it won't be a massive hit(since most usually flock to Ranked in the first month anyway) and atleast that and more intro and outros are free updates are coming, spread throughout March, April and May... but again, it shows just how little they could have put into the game due to the deadline itself.

It's ultimately not the worst look of any fighting game(*cough*SFV launch*cough*) but yeah, this may cause some people to try and be overzealous about DOA6 not having player lobbies at launch.

Shining_Wave

Glad I'm buying digital download this time. When I eventually buy DOA6U or DOA6LR on disc all this stuff should be on there.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD