DOA6 Graphics Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
The only thing i dont like, is the Antialiasing https://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/pc-dead-or-alive-6-aliasing-problems.8424/
Have someone the same Problem? Or a solution? ps. Playing on PC

Correct me if I am wrong, because I don't play the game on PC, but I heard the graphical customization options are very limited there and don't go much beyond what the game does on consoles, right? The game in general doesn't support an effective antialiasing solution, so typical for KT games, and running the game in 1440p resolution (as I read you are using) won't be enough to hide the jagginess and shimmering. Playing the game in full 4K should help. At least I thought it looked very crisp and clean on Xbox One X in 4K.

Alucard Chris

Correct me if I am wrong, because I don't play the game on PC, but I heard the graphical customization options are very limited there and don't go much beyond what the game does on consoles, right? The game in general doesn't support an effective antialiasing solution, so typical for KT games, and running the game in 1440p resolution (as I read you are using) won't be enough to hide the jagginess and shimmering. Playing the game in full 4K should help. At least I thought it looked very crisp and clean on Xbox One X in 4K.

Yeah Ingame there is no Option for AA. Just tested the NVIDIA AA with x8 and Supersample x8 but disabled the game AA in NVIDIA. Its much better now. The only Aliasing i see is on such Buildings, the fences and other stuff looks great.
Tested it also on 4k it dont changed it.

If you have a Xbox or PS4 test it please, just on the location shown in my thread Video on YT if you see the same aliasing.

Alucard Chris

Oh, I don't need to test that, I know that the aliasing is on consoles in full force in every stage. ;)
Its not the whole aliasing from the game its just such points on that building!
I dont think that the game runs on the console with a x8 AA and x8 SSAA.

If the console port has not such wierd aliasing/glitch than we need a fix for the pc :p then this is a port problem but idk.

Can test it this Weekend on the Xbox One X.

Edit:

Where you got that infos about "the aa on consoles runs on full force" ?
There are some infos about the ports https://gamingbolt.com/dead-or-alive-6-graphics-analysis-ps4-pro-vs-xbox-one-x-vs-pc-comparison
The pc version beats the consoles on graphic comparsion.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Where you got that infos about "the aa on consoles runs on full force" ?
There are some infos about the ports https://gamingbolt.com/dead-or-alive-6-graphics-analysis-ps4-pro-vs-xbox-one-x-vs-pc-comparison
The pc version beats the consoles on graphic comparsion.

You should better go to Digital Foundry or NX Gamer if you are interested in in-depth technical analyses of games. ;)
I watched the Gamingbolt video and I had to stop when they claimed the "Soft Engine" was the game engine DOALR runs on. The "Soft Engine" was just a clever and catchy marketing term for the improved breast physics and subsurface scattering applied to characters' skin in LR. The game however used the same old engine DOA5 and DOA4 were already running on.

Alucard Chris

You should better go to Digital Foundry or NX Gamer if you are interested in in-depth technical analyses of games. ;)
I watched the Gamingbolt video and I had to stop when they claimed the "Soft Engine" was the game engine DOALR runs on. The "Soft Engine" was just a clever and catchy marketing term for the improved breast physics and subsurface scattering applied to characters' skin in LR. The game however used the same old engine DOA5 and DOA4 were already running on.
Haha i first dont watched the Video from Gamingbold until you replied:p i just read the Article.
Yeah i also stopped watching it :D:D

Thank you for the advice. Just checked and watched the video from Digital Foundry, that answered me some question about the Aliasing/Jaggies/Flicker.

But anyway the game looks great, now i cant wait for some mods to improve it:p

Alucard Chris

"the NVIDIA AA with x8 and Supersample x8 "...ouch, I don't know if my GTX 1070 can handle it at consistents 60 fps.
Just test it, which GTX 1070 do you have?

The GTX 1080 8GB can run it easy on 1080p or 1440p with also maxed settings ingame. But on 4k i got a few frame drops to 40fps at some stages.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Mortal Kombat 11 shows us how to properly optimize a fighting game (one that is looking absolutely gorgeous at that) for each platform.

giphy.gif

For everyone to lazy to watch:
Resolution:
Xbox One: dynamic, up to 1080p
PS4: 1080p
PS4 Pro: dynamic, up to 1800p
Xbox One X: dynamic, up to full 4K

Framerate:
Solid 60fps on all platforms, dip to 30 fps during fatal blows or fatalities.

Now please tell me again DOA6 is properly optimized and the Pro is generally too weak to go beyond 1080p resolution.

Last edited:

Alucard Chris

Mortal Kombat 11 shows us how to properly optimize a fighting game (one that is looking absolutely gorgeous at that) for each platform.

giphy.gif

For everyone to lazy to watch:
Resolution:
Xbox One: dynamic, up to 1080p
PS4: 1080p
PS4 Pro: dynamic, up to 1800p
Xbox One X: dynamic, up to full 4K

Framerate:
Solid 60fps on all platforms, dip to 30 fps during fatal blows or fatalities.

Now please tell me again DOA6 is properly optimized and the Pro is generally too weak to go beyond 1080p resolution.

Wow it looks amazing, but im not suprised. Look at MK X it also looks much better than DOA 5 LR.

And the water resolution/reflection in DOA 6 is a joke, awfull.

Just got my Hands on the Pc version of DOA 5 LR and adjusted the graphics with Reshade + FX and up to 4k. Its awesome, im still not finished yet but its looks much better for me now. I hate the blurry/unsharp look in the vanilla one.

Edit
Edit - Kopie.png

Original
Original - Kopie.png

Sry i had to resize the pictures for upload.

Dionysus

I think the reason so many people got all the costumes at once is the retrospective point overflow kicking in? If so it's good they fixed the problem and made it work that way. Now we need to complain enough to get individual purchases... not that I think it likely.
I played a little on PS4 Pro and thought maybe they had changed it, good to see. Didn't hurt performance as far as I saw either.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Seems like the Radioactive White lighting is gone now apparently. Tried with the typical Wedding Outfit of Honoka on Road Rage and then Bass's White Muscle Attire in Colosseum and my eyes now don't want to melt anymore.

I also tried to see if there was that funky graphics bug in Road Rage as well and that seems to be fixed as well.

Still waiting on @Tyaren to do his typical sweep.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Here's a screen comparison of "graphics" and performance mode after installing the latest patch:

performance mode:
32550359967_dd0127d835_o.png

"graphics mode":
47492362671_84799b2f68_o.png

As you can see there is no difference at all. The same jaggy 1080p mess as before. I honestly believe nothing they are telling us at this point.

As to the overexposure in some stages, it is still there too:

"graphics mode":
32550359517_6b35e2278c_o.png

Still get headaches just looking at it. x__X

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD