Standard Donor
Navels?

anigif_sub-buzz-11354-1543428630-7.gif

Butts though...

47368118662_e4ae2e343f_o.png

33545056358_7bf6f1780f_o.png

giphy.gif

Noontide

Don't know about Bayman or Diego...but Rig...I'm obsessed with his face in DOA6.

0gsxisl5zeo57u6zg.jpg

Dem joocy lips...

giphy.gif
he always reminded me a bit of Wentworth Miller which is why I think you were on point when you said they made him racially ambiguous. I kinda want to pick up Rig in DOA6, I like his goofier personality in this game.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I really like the model viewer (which they call photo mode) in MK11:

Helps to really appreciate the fantastic character models in detail from every angle.
I would've said that I'd love something like that in DOA6 as well, but the photo mode there is of course even better than just a model viewer and I am not sure if a model viewer would do the character models any good. They are after all really inconsistent with lots of smaller and bigger oversights and outright graphical errors.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah, Ryu should get that checked out. :/

Here's an appreciation post of entirely perfect (if you ignore those ugly tats) and lump free Rig. Yeah, I already admitted I am unhealthily obsessed (I've at least taken 50 photos of just his face, lol), but I still can objectively say his face model is so well crafted and so expressive.

46399543195_88cb505bc3_o.png

47381451592_606c6452e0_o.png

47434276831_8e1eeedb6e_o.png

46372712025_1532211cc3_o.png

The inconsistency of the models is baffling really. Beautiful faces (that are up to par with best of the industry, like God of War, Uncharted, Detroit...) next to amateur anatomy mistakes, PS One era texturing and obvious graphical errors they probably never intend to fix.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Also, I don't think this is how it's supposed to work either.

View attachment 28167

That polygon mesh stretching is pretty common though. What makes it look even weirder though is the skin shader being weirdly bright and reflective under the armpit.

I hope next gen more games will use techniques like used in the most recent God of War, where bodies and musculature properly stretch and deform:

raf-grassetti-grassetti-kratosback01low.gif

raf-grassetti-grassetti-kratosabslow.gif

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD