DOA6 Graphics Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Why does DoA have huge stages though? Makes backdash cancel good enough to learn to timer scam.

I would say that there is a risk involved trying to do that. Plus, DOA has always had big stages. Seaside is still bigger than any of the stages in DOA6.

ShinobiOfTheWind

You do realise KL only likes your comments because you disagree with me and because you clearly want to start the hair discussion again, right?
I don't care about who likes or not my posts and I also don't think people likes my post only because I don't agree with you. We have both different opinions on that and what ? It's a great thing =)
And no, I don' t want to discuss hair again, cause there is a new thread for that. Here's a graphic thread, and I talked about Nyotengu's overall look.
I only expressed my thoughts on her, not start "discussion" again Ahaha. Don't want threads to become all silly like these 5 pages only to argue on Raidou's presence. He's in, great. Debate's end :cool:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
How sad is it that Team Ninja makes higher quality models for Dissidia/Square Enix, which was a big flop and hardly anyone plays anymore, than for their very own and biggest franchise. :/

Snow was just revealed for Dissdia:

I didn't even know Dissidia was still supported. So all good artists are indeed preoccupied with other projects (Nioh2 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Dissidia...)

Last edited:

Leclair

How sad is it that Team Ninja makes higher quality models for Dissidia/Square Enix, which was a big flop and hardly anyone plays anymore, than for their very own and biggest franchise. :/

Snow, was just revealed for Dissdia:

I didn't even know Dissidia was still supported. So all good artists are indeed preoccupied with other projects (Nioh2 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Dissidia...)
Omg his hair! The model mmmm
CB704D2E-048B-4802-926F-2CA3673CC093.jpeg

Atahotaku

Square Enix support = more budget

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Omg his hair! The model mmmmView attachment 27503
This picture SKSKSKSKSK

His body looks so good, why do the DOA males look so strange compared to this? I know budget is an issue but still, getting the anatomy right isn’t a budget issue.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
His body looks so good, why do the DOA males look so strange compared to this? I know budget is an issue but still, getting the anatomy right isn’t a budget issue.

Yeah, I also I don't think it has anything to do with a low budget or time constraints, but simply with a lack of basic anatomy knowledge of who did the male body models. And it seems as if it is not just a lack of basic knowledge, but also a lack of artistic skill. Let me real quick sketch something to make my point...

Okay, to the left is what DOA6's body models basically (obviously a bit exaggerated) look like and to the right how they should rather look like:

bodies.jpg

Let's forget about the obvious anatomical errors, constructing a body in such an angular, stiff and unorganic and manner is aleady a sign of someone still lacking skill and courage to draw/sculpt human bodies.
I tutored design students in nude and figure drawing for a couple of semesters in uni, and this is what I always told students when drawing human bodies: "Bring curves into your drawing. The human body doesn't have a single perfectly straight bone." Building the body with concave and convex curves will make it look instantly much more organic and dynamic.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Yeah, I also I don't think it has anything to do with a low budget or time constraints, but simply with a lack of basic anatomy knowledge of who did the male body models. And it seems as if it is not just a lack of basic knowledge, but also a lack of artistic skill. Let me real quick sketch something to make my point...

Okay, to the right is what DOA6's body models basically (obviously a bit exaggerated) look like and to the left how they should rather look like:

View attachment 27504
Let's forget about the obvious anatomical errors, constructing a body in such an angular, stiff and unorganic and manner is aleady a sign of someone still lacking skill and courage to draw/sculpt human bodies.
I tutored design students in nude and figure drawing for a couple of semesters in uni, and this is what I always told students when drawing human bodies: "Bring curves into your drawing. The human body doesn't have a single perfectly straight bone." Building the body with concave and convex curves will make it look instantly much more organic and dynamic.
The left is literally the male body of DOA6 omg, why can’t they just hire you or someone who can actually design male bodies. The male bodies look better than in 5 but they still look like dolls.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
On another topic, Nico's design sheet was published:

Dx9QmYgW0AElQQw.jpg:orig

Seems as if she was literally designed as an anime/manga character. It does work well in a stylized anime/manga art style, but it in the more realistic DOA5/DOA6 art style imo not so much. She looks out of place.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
On another topic, Nico's design sheet was published:

Dx9QmYgW0AElQQw.jpg:orig

Seems as if she was literally designed as an anime/manga character. It does work well in a stylized anime/manga art style, but it in the more realistic DOA5/DOA6 art style imo not so much. She looks out of place.
Does she? Stand her next to Ayane and tell me she looks out of place in the roster.

Baji Breakdancer

Yeah I said this in another thread, but everything in DOA is pretty cartoony with Naruto type ninjas and not one but two magical tengu characters. Also Zach exists and he’s essentially a Bugs Bunny character.

I just don’t see how a petite woman who dies her hair blue is what we’ve decided is the stylistic outlier in a series where Hayabusa is essentially a Magical Girl who uses the Kamehameha.

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Because apparently someone with purple hair and red eyes(and her father apparently has been compared to a demon alot) is more realistic than someone with Blue Hair.
At least NiCO's look is achievable IRL and they've gone to lengths to justify her "Abilities" scientifically. Even if that's not the real way the science works, they have at the very least made it more believable than the 4 protag's Nin. In a game where we have genderbent Tengu, Honoka with her pink hair and apparent dark natured gift/power, a literal cyborg, and characters like Tina who are canonically capable of lifting men like Bass and suplexing them... The Anime based blue haired science Queen is the "Out of place" character aesthetically lmfao

Tyaren

Standard Donor
DeadorAlive6_PS4_News_002.jpg

Umm why does Jann Lee look so old now? Why is his chest so huge? Why does his hair look absolutely tragic? So many questions, so little time to fix this mess.

The fugly hair, where the hair on top of the head is just rendered as low polygon jags is a remnant of DOA5. They didn't care to update it. Thing is in DOA5's lighting you hardly noticed it, in DOA6's lightning, where everything is so bright and overexposed, you do notice. :/

jannlee.jpg

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Some HQ screenshots:
DeadorAlive6_PS4_News_007.jpg

DeadorAlive6_PS4_News_016.jpg

DeadorAlive6_PS4_News_013.jpg

DeadorAlive6_PS4_News_009.jpg
There are some people in the background of the Zero stage, I've never noticed that before!

Interesting... Those are 4K PS4 Pro shots. The resolution however is not native 4K, but looks like upscaled 1080p.

Those are some really round melons. But Team Ninja was always good at modellintg those. XD

DeadorAlive6_PS4_News_005.jpg

Seriously, lol, look how well modelled those watermelons in the background are.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD