DOA6 Graphics Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
What this whole topic is missing are the amazing photos that can be taken and beautiful battles that transpire.

I posted plenty of my own photo sets in this thread for the first weeks after the game released (which you might not have noticed, I don't know how long you even have been visiting this thread), but the forum moderation was of the opinion this was not the place for photo dumps, there is a photography thread after all too, so I stopped posting my photo sets here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is one of my favorite sets, but I'll probably get reprimanded to not post them in here again:

46372711805_885c2798f0_o.png

46372712025_1532211cc3_o.png

47287258051_145166135f_o.png

46372711555_06c7bd66bc_o.png

46568903504_1b95f72181_o.png

46564063584_f5594bb471_o.png

Taken on my "archaic" and "leagues" worse looking PS4, so sorry for the eye cancer, lol.

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm not saying that your contributions aren't worth anything either because you are extremely talented but when I hear things like no effort. I don't like that or have to agree with it.

werewolfgold

You can freeze any fighter at the right frame to find issues, but once again most of your complaints come from poses or the select screen.
If it's coming from the select screen, then that's actually worse. It's one thing to see something weird looking on frame 13 of an animation, but if there's something wrong when they're just standing there in a pose that they specifically set, then that means that they're just not paying attention or they don't care. Both of these are bad.

Addictrian

Here some observations I made of the recent ninja DLC. Its quality is very inconsistent and some stuff looks outright bad.

First of all, Ryu's DOA5 black falcon suit is way too big for him now. Especially the torso is really bulky, cutting into his arms, which are much thinner in DOA6 than they were in DOA5:

48762005612_02c9136d54_o.png

They messed up a lot on Diego. They forgot his scars and the mask which is supposed to closely hug his face, makes it look way too long. His chin area is massive now, and almost reaches down to his collar bone:

48761816921_54a5d373b1_o.png

On Jann Lee we actually see an improved detail. They apparently finally noticed that he was missing the arm veins that most other male characters have and that especially Jann Lee was famous for in older games:

48761816201_4e0a4dbaa3_o.png

Remember when his arm veins were actually modelled with polygons in DOA4? O:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last but not least they for some reason remodelled and messed up Rig's torso. His chest is now way too square and pronounced, especially the middle partition of the pec muscles:

48761465873_45ce82c51b_o.png

Here's a gif that Chapstick was so kind to make for me to better showcase the change:

tyaren.gif

His nipples wandered all the way to the sides of his torso.
It's funny, just some months ago I made the point in here that the upper bodies of the male character are way too unnatural and geometric looking...

View attachment 29364

...now it is even worse. I hope this is just the case for this costume. :(
I noticed this ,too- Hope you tell this TN so they can change it =)

Why are the costumes from DOA 5 all bigger and why let TN this stay for the models in DOA& ?

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I noticed this ,too- Hope you tell this TN so they can change it =)

Why are the costumes from DOA 5 all bigger and why let TN this stay for the models in DOA& ?

They completely remodelled the male bodies in DOA6, which is a good thing, but they made them overall slimmer in the process. When they now simply reuse old DOA5 costumes, because they are too lazy (sorry, we aren't allow to say that anymore) less motivated to remodel them for the new bodies, the costumes don't fit anymore.

They also remodelled the female bodies by the way, they are overall slimmer too.

rjqnraos19

20190927015943_1.jpg

20190927020002_1.jpg

20190925211230_1.jpg

20190925211310_2.jpg

I found 2 glitches after the patch.

1. infinity spawning particle effect when characters perform some kick moves and stop the game in watch mode.
2. flicking kick dust effect.

wtf

Tyaren

Standard Donor

As I mentioned before, the models change from costume to costume, sometimes the shape stays the same, but they downgrade the polygon mesh for some reason. I didn't notice it much on the elbows before, but because low polygon shoulders are one of my pet peeves in games (because shoulders need to be round, damn it, lol), I notice it there all the time. Sometimes they are nice and rounded, sometimes they are really edgy, and to be used in combat as an additional weapon, lol.

NightAntilli

Maybe if the costumes have more polygons they have to reduce the character model quality to maintain a smooth framerate?

Or it's simply negligence...

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I checked this 2018 Gamescom video because I remembered they changed several things in Forbidden Fortune stage and overall.

The most evident change is dynamic shadows in the upper stage. The mast and other objets in the stage cast dynamic shadows in this beta unlike in the current build.

Lightning also feels more natural in the lower stage. The bloom is still noticeable in materials but it's less aggressive than in the current game

You can also notice wind simulation in characters hairs in their win poses unlike in the current version. I don't even know why they removed this because it was there back in DOA5.

And lastly but not less important, Hitomi hair physics were still working properly lol

So since this was still only a PC build I think next gen version can look like this. I guess at 4k, HDR and without tearing.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Do you guys still remember this? :)

(A shame the video quality is so low.)

DOA3 was such a beauty at its time. Those vistas and the camera flying over the arena and surrounding area would be literally impossible in DOA6. There's hardly anything beyond the arena boundaries anymore.

Here's the DOA2U trailer as a bonus:

Derock

DOA3 was such a beauty at its time. Those vistas and the camera flying over the arena and surrounding area would be literally impossible in DOA6. There's hardly anything beyond the arena boundaries anymore.

Wait a sec... They gave Hayate a wind projectile?!!!! Why wasn't that move in the final product?!!!

Jyu_Viole_Grace

In my opinion both koku an and burai zenin are still the two best looking stages in fighting games history.

Snow and sand physics, cloth physics all the way (just look at Hitomi DOA3 Karate gi physics, oh my god), reflections, beautiful backgrounds ... I loved that attention to detail era.

Ninoasker

In my opinion both koku an and burai zenin are still the two best looking stages in fighting games history.

Snow and sand physics, cloth physics all the way (just look at Hitomi DOA3 Karate gi physics, oh my god), reflections, beautiful backgrounds ... I loved that attention to detail era.
THE TESSELLATION!!!!!!! DEDDO OA ARAIBU 6 RORIKON FAITAZU COULD NEVER!!!!

NightAntilli

I wouldn't mind a DOA3U

Lycanthrope -R-

I was curious as to just how awkward Hayabusa's DOA2 outfit was on his body.
Hayabusa.jpg

Hayabusa.gif

The background is slightly misaligned due to his moving back and forth. But, the bodies should be lined up pretty well.

I thought it'd be even worse than it is. But, it's still damn noticeable and should not have been left like this. Even beyond the sleeves, the way it contours around the pecs and the back are a dead giveaway.

Yeah, there's definitely a sense of grandiose scale and openness missing in DOA6. A lot of it feels claustrophobic even if it's not that bad in terms of actual size. The dinosaur stage comes to mind.

THE TESSELLATION!!!!!!! DEDDO OA ARAIBU 6 RORIKON FAITAZU COULD NEVER!!!!
lolwtf

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD