Gamertag
nightantilli
3DS Friend Code
1977-0233-0797
Steam
nightantilli
Do you guys still remember this? :)

(A shame the video quality is so low.)

DOA3 was such a beauty at its time. Those vistas and the camera flying over the arena and surrounding area would be literally impossible in DOA6. There's hardly anything beyond the arena boundaries anymore.

Here's the DOA2U trailer as a bonus:

I wouldn't mind a DOA3U

Lycanthrope -R-

Kanagawa
Main Character
Ryu Hayabusa
I was curious as to just how awkward Hayabusa's DOA2 outfit was on his body.
Hayabusa.jpg

Hayabusa.gif

The background is slightly misaligned due to his moving back and forth. But, the bodies should be lined up pretty well.

I thought it'd be even worse than it is. But, it's still damn noticeable and should not have been left like this. Even beyond the sleeves, the way it contours around the pecs and the back are a dead giveaway.

DOA3 was such a beauty at its time. Those vistas and the camera flying over the arena and surrounding area would be literally impossible in DOA6. There's hardly anything beyond the arena boundaries anymore.
Yeah, there's definitely a sense of grandiose scale and openness missing in DOA6. A lot of it feels claustrophobic even if it's not that bad in terms of actual size. The dinosaur stage comes to mind.

THE TESSELLATION!!!!!!! DEDDO OA ARAIBU 6 RORIKON FAITAZU COULD NEVER!!!!
lolwtf

Reactions: werewolfgold

SaihateDYNAMO

Fayetteville, GA
Main Character
Pai Chan
Gamertag
SaihateDYNAMO
PSN ID
saigono4
In my opinion both koku an and burai zenin are still the two best looking stages in fighting games history.

Snow and sand physics, cloth physics all the way (just look at Hitomi DOA3 Karate gi physics, oh my god), reflections, beautiful backgrounds ... I loved that attention to detail era.
It’s still mind boggling how 2001/2004 Xbox games can handle real-time reflections and water physics but the current DOA games can’t. How “next-gen” are they really?

Reactions: JustAGuy and delta

werewolfgold

View attachment 29516

View attachment 29517
The background is slightly misaligned due to his moving back and forth. But, the bodies should be lined up pretty well.

I thought it'd be even worse than it is. But, it's still damn noticeable and should not have been left like this. Even beyond the sleeves, the way it contours around the pecs and the back are a dead giveaway.
i cri evrytiem

It’s still mind boggling how 2001/2004 Xbox games can handle real-time reflections and water physics but the current DOA games can’t. How “next-gen” are they really?
I think somebody said that the "reflections" are actually low quality duplicate character/stage models under the floor. Don't know about the water physics. But, they clearly had a lot more head room for particle effects (snow, rain, etc.) than they do now for some reason. I don't know what's under the hood so I can't give specifics on how things work now. But, what we do know is that they're probably wasting a bunch of polys on the character heads that they could've used for other things.

Reactions: SaihateDYNAMO

Derock

Dallas, TX
Main Character
Kasumi
View attachment 29516

View attachment 29517

Yeah, there's definitely a sense of grandiose scale and openness missing in DOA6. A lot of it feels claustrophobic even if it's not that bad in terms of actual size. The dinosaur stage comes to mind.

lolwtf
Why in the hell Ryu looks so damn UGLY?!

Jyu_Viole_Grace

I was bored again and today I searched for an even older DOA6 build.

Look at all that volumetric lightning in The Throwdown. Now streetlights lightning is just precalculated.

This game downgrades are Ubisoft level at least.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?